Mendonca1995
February 24, 2018, 7:07am
Super Clive mendonca how much would he cost now
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +903
Gold Stars: 15
Seems quite genuine and up for a challenge but the question Grimsby town would have to ask him is why wasn’t he previously interested/apply for the vacancy earlier but states on sky sports he would be very interested ??? the problem i would have with him is maybe a lack of player knowledge in lower leagues etc but I do agree with fenty (for once) I believe we do need a young hungry manager to take us forward there are to many old experienced heads on the way down the footballing ladder for example slade,dave jones,Phil brown,martin Allen etc when you could be looking at say a Robbie Stockdale type for example Who’s came through youth/reserve teams at a bigger club in a way I’m glad we haven’t rushed things this time but we do need to start seeing some results and pretty fast Whether that’s with Wilko for now or a new manager I just hope we can get the right candidate to move us forward and play some exciting football instead of the neck breaking stuff that’s been on show this season UTM !!!!

ALL TOWN AREN'T WE ⚫️⚪️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 152
Mrs Doyle
February 24, 2018, 7:47am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Thing is we are just like Fenty in this respect whoever we bring in will be a massive gamble.

You just can't guarantee anyone will be successful you need a lot of luck and we don't seem to get that.

Hindsight is a marvelous thing but until it happens you just don't know, if it doesn't work we will all blame Fenty that is for sure lol.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 152
TheRealJohnLewis
February 24, 2018, 7:49am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from ginnywings
If he needs to surround himself with the right people for this level, then why not just employ those people? He's never worked with players of this standard.

He's clearly not talking about surrounding himself with other managers, he's talking about Scout, Coaches, and people who can advise him.

Private Message
Reply: 52 - 152
jonnyboy82
February 24, 2018, 8:02am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
I genuinely am torn about him , one hand I think one of football's best centre backs and has football running through him with knowledge and been there done that but in the other I think absolutely not as there must be a reason he has been to 10+ job interviews and not got one.

I genuinely don't know , it's the most important appointment for us in years and we can't mess it up with no one with experience of any management but then I don't want the guy who's been sacked 20 times in his career to get the job.

So intercourse knows, if he's a excrement manager we could play him as centre back ?

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 152
chipsandgravy
February 24, 2018, 8:20am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,597
Gold Stars: 37
Can't believe that some on here are literally torn between yes or no!
It wasn't that long ago since he was going to put his hat in the ring for Mayor of London. He is deluded and not particuarly stable in my eyes. He is a car crash waiting to happen and would potentially make any club a laughing stock.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 152
heppy88
February 24, 2018, 8:25am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Bit of a master stroke by Fenty to be honest (Can't beleive I just typed that   ).

Has given GTFC and the search for a new manager a much needed media boost.

Searched Google for Sol Campbell and all results include GTFC.

If he has not already applied does he REALLY want the job. Doubt it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 152
February 24, 2018, 8:36am
Guest User
If you're going to go down the ex player route and their first job, then interview him but also ask Craig Bellamy down. He's a fiery illegitimate, has high standards and the same standing as Sol Campbell. If Craig doesn't get the Oxford job of course.

I'd still be weary of offering a player his first managerial position, I reckon the first job is the biggest learning curve and where the most mistakes will be made at our expense. But if we aren't getting the right sort of candidates on the managerial merry go round then I suppose it's an option.
Reply: 56 - 152
oldun
February 24, 2018, 9:15am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Sol Campbell is about Sol Campbell. So no thank you.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 152
RoboCod
February 24, 2018, 9:20am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from chipsandgravy
Can't believe that some on here are literally torn between yes or no!
It wasn't that long ago since he was going to put his hat in the ring for Mayor of London. He is deluded and not particuarly stable in my eyes. He is a car crash waiting to happen and would potentially make any club a laughing stock.

Exactly this. If John Fenty has used this situation to promote Towns cause then that's great, play Campbell at his own game because he's in it for Sol Campbell, he cannot stick to anything he promises and has no discernible management skills that I can see. This isn't a case of 'I don't like his direct style' or 'He's a decent manager but no good with fans' this is a case of him appearing to be a complete fantasist.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 152
louth_in_the_south
February 24, 2018, 9:24am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,671
Gold Stars: 94
Big Sam got it right on talksport yesterday . When asked about what Campbell should do he said start at the bottom and learn your trade cos after a week he’ll realise it’s nothing like being a player. If he’s any good he’ll rise to the top .
Fair play to Campbell for wanting to start at the bottom. How many ex prem players can’t be arsed and just want to sit on their ars.ses after packing up .
I’d rather we give him a crack than some journeyman manager. He’s give the club , players and fans a big boost at a time when everyone’s sulking

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 152
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Sol campbell😭

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.