Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Paul Hurst vs Shrews Fans!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 242 Guests

Paul Hurst vs Shrews Fans!

This thread currently has 10,987 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
February 21, 2018, 9:08pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,126
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

You watching the Man Utd game Ginny?

I am indeed and Mourinho did cross my mind when i posted. I was going to say in my post that it could all change for Hurst if he had the budget to sign better quality players. He may then change tack, but not so sure he has it in his nature

Don't know what Mourinho's excuse is. He seems to have turned Pogba into a defensive midfielder. They are very boring to watch and Man Utd fans are moaning about his negativity. Even fans of the very biggest clubs with all the best players find something to moan about.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 64
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
February 21, 2018, 9:11pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Meza

Hmmm not one ounce of appreciation there TRRFC.   Yes some of his team selections, tactics, signings, interviews were odd, frustrating but he got us promoted (maybe eventually to some) but i thank Paul for bringing back that spark to the club when things went dark.  We got relegated and the club had that rotten feeling about the place.  PH came in and and brought back belief and enthusiasm....then finally got us promoted.  

I still cant believe that hurst out banner and i can only imagine it was done by a not very nice person and probably not really a fan.  Now id expect that when RS was in charge especially after no win in 12 games.

So yeah thank you Paul for getting us back to where we belong (wanna another go we may need you soon 😂)

How right you are Meza. Not one ounce of appreciation.   There was nothing special in my opinion about taking 5 years to get promotion even allowing for Woods spending the parachute money on some right dross.

I cannot comment on the lad as a person because like everyone else I only know what he showed and said publicly. One thing that I did notice was his lack of enthusiasm for Operation Promotion. You would have thought a manager would have been saying how he was absolutely chuffed to ribbons that the fans were backing the side like that, but he seemed to see it as extra pressure from the terraces to deliver on the pitch. He gave me the impression that some of his team sheets especially when he left out Bogle and Amond were almost a message to the fans of "You might have raised the cash but I'm in charge here."

And, as a match winning football manager tactician I did not rate him very highly at all. He has done well at Shrewsbury so far though and perhaps he has learned how to build a side more quickly. He has certainly signed some good quality loanees from Championship clubs as well. I don't know why he was not able to sign better players for us, obviously not Championship but certainly L1 after we were promoted. He dismantled the team but the replacements were not exactly brilliant. Maybe the budget and maybe that was why he went, who knows?

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 64
promotion plaice
February 21, 2018, 9:13pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197

The Spanish are the biggest cheats in World football, that young kid Scott McTominay has had a great game.....and he's English  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 64
Meza
February 21, 2018, 9:17pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,639
Gold Stars: 50

How right you are Meza. Not one ounce of appreciation.   There was nothing special in my opinion about taking 5 years to get promotion even allowing for Woods spending the parachute money on some right dross.

I cannot comment on the lad as a person because like everyone else I only know what he showed and said publicly. One thing that I did notice was his lack of enthusiasm for Operation Promotion. You would have thought a manager would have been saying how he was absolutely chuffed to ribbons that the fans were backing the side like that, but he seemed to see it as extra pressure from the terraces to deliver on the pitch. He gave me the impression that some of his team sheets especially when he left out Bogle and Amond were almost a message to the fans of "You might have raised the cash but I'm in charge here."

And, as a match winning football manager tactician I did not rate him very highly at all. He has done well at Shrewsbury so far though and perhaps he has learned how to build a side more quickly. He has certainly signed some good quality loanees from Championship clubs as well. I don't know why he was not able to sign better players for us, obviously not Championship but certainly L1 after we were promoted. He dismantled the team but the replacements were not exactly brilliant. Maybe the budget and maybe that was why he went, who knows?

Dont get me wrong TRRFC therewas times i even posted about him mostly after a defeat.  I didnt like his interviews but having said that his area was management not PR lol.  

Yes i completely agree about OP ungrateful so and so 😂.

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 64
dapperz fun pub
February 21, 2018, 9:18pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
I hardly think getting every team he's managed promoted, then taking over a struggling Shrewsbury, keeping them up and then on a very small budget for the league taking them to the brink of promotion to the Championship proves anything.

Non league promotions , still think Blackburn Wigan and Rotherham will be promoted
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 64
codcheeky
February 21, 2018, 9:32pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
I looked forward to away games under Hurst, this season have not gone to Crawley or Cambridge for the first time,
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 64
KingstonMariner
February 21, 2018, 10:17pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from LH

Well he didn’t did he? Somebody else did. More names than asked which also included ex Barcelona, Bayern Munich and current Man City boss Pep Guardiola. Not exactly relevant to the point whatosoever and he’d be shite in the Conference without an FGR budget.

If you deduct all of those it's still more than five. He was asked to name five better young managers. Nowt about the Conference. And Hurst isn't a Conference manager. Are you now moving the goalposts?  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 64
Grantley
February 21, 2018, 10:50pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from KingstonMariner

If you deduct all of those it's still more than five. He was asked to name five better young managers. Nowt about the Conference. And Hurst isn't a Conference manager. Are you now moving the goalposts?  

He might be moving the goalposts but the reply seemed to deliberately misconstrue the question. Why include Guardiola? People like Lee Johnson, Dean Smith and Pochettino haven’t actually won anything either.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 64
moosey_club
February 22, 2018, 9:14am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Meza
Yeah and Seville players seem to have 1 leg longer than the other as they are always falling over lol.

Ok....did anyone else immediately think of Ian Knight when they read this ?  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 64
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
February 22, 2018, 9:32am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
The lack of good young English managers is more about the unwillingness of league boards to appoint them than about the availability of talent. The trend for foreign managers is now taking over in the Championship and will be moving down to L1 and L2 soon.

It’s a vicious circle as it is with the players. Fewer English appointments means less opportunity for local talent to show and therefore fewer English appointments.  More managers like the Cowleys are having to start a career a long way down the pyramid and it is pot luck who makes it further up. I have my doubts how far the Cowleys will get. Lincoln has to get another promotion for their careers to progress and there is a limit to what they can achieve when this year’s cash windfalls run out.

Hurst left at the right time for him. He is untainted by failure so he needs to keep that reputation. Probably he will move on this year or next. His little pique about the support is a bit of a giveaway to what he wants - a Sheffield club.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 64
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Paul Hurst vs Shrews Fans!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.