Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Paul Hurst vs Shrews Fans!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 254 Guests

Paul Hurst vs Shrews Fans!

This thread currently has 10,974 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
devs
February 21, 2018, 4:59pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 30
Far too many precious Town fans on here
"Pleased he copulated off to Shrewsbury" - what? cos he didn't blow you kisses?

Yeah, I'm really pleased we lost one of the best young managers in the country

Alan Buckley never had a love in with the fans - he was almost embarrassed IMO when the fans sang "give us a wave" and he felt compelled to wave back... ah, bless!

As long as a manager is not downright dismissive of fans then that's fine - a number of managers are not the best at showing emotion etc but they get the job done which is what we all want, surely

Cue "it took Hurst 6 years blah blah"

Move on....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 64
pontoonlew
February 21, 2018, 5:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,841
Gold Stars: 167
I'm not particularly arsed about Hursts time at Shrewsbury but I would say one thing, it's extraordinary how his teams meltdowns come at EXACTLY the same time of year, every year.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 64
RoboCod
February 21, 2018, 5:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
It's funny how he complains that 5,000 Shrews fans are too quiet yet once said his Grimsby team didn't perform as they were nervous in front of 4,000 noisy fans at BP.
For all that he's good at what he does, he was a very hard working manager and will always have success to some degree, and this is down to his stubbornness and single-minded will to stick to his gameplan.

Nothing too wrong with that but downfall is his personality, he's grumpy, prickly and unwilling to even consider anything that goes even slightly against 'the plan'. That's admirable in some ways but as some fans in the past, and at his present club have said, he sometimes fixates on this and it becomes a bit of a distraction.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 64
Garth
February 21, 2018, 5:30pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Only a matter of time before he gets a Yorkshire club IMO, won`t be happy until he`s does  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 64
Abdul19
February 21, 2018, 5:37pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,515
Gold Stars: 215
I think he'll be exactly the same character whether he's managing in Shropshire, Yorkshire or Nebraska.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 64
ackomariner
February 21, 2018, 5:48pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from devs
Far too many precious Town fans on here
"Pleased he copulated off to Shrewsbury" - what? cos he didn't blow you kisses?

Yeah, I'm really pleased we lost one of the best young managers in the country

Alan Buckley never had a love in with the fans - he was almost embarrassed IMO when the fans sang "give us a wave" and he felt compelled to wave back... ah, bless!

As long as a manager is not downright dismissive of fans then that's fine - a number of managers are not the best at showing emotion etc but they get the job done which is what we all want, surely

Cue "it took Hurst 6 years blah blah"

Move on....

I am and don't make me laugh.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 64
headingly_mariner
February 21, 2018, 5:49pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,320
Gold Stars: 113
Like him. Wish him well with his career. Took us out of a league that is notoriously a nightmare to get out of. He'll manage in the premier league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 64
Mighty_Mariner
February 21, 2018, 5:57pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
To clarify, I like Paul Hurst as manager, wasn't always pretty but it was effective and we're seeing now what a good manager he is.

What I didn't agree with with was his disdain and lack of appreciation for the fans!

I'd have Paul Hurst back as Town manager in a shot, he knows how to set a team up, great eye for a player and we would never been under threat of relegation under him.

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 64
AdamHaddock
February 21, 2018, 6:00pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,803
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from pontoonlew
I'm not particularly arsed about Hursts time at Shrewsbury but I would say one thing, it's extraordinary how his teams meltdowns come at EXACTLY the same time of year, every year.

A meltdown at the top of league one sounds blissful compared to where we are

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 64
LH
February 21, 2018, 6:05pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,457
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from ackomariner

I am and don't make me laugh.

Fancy naming five better young managers in the 92 then?
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 64
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Paul Hurst vs Shrews Fans!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.