KingstonMariner
January 28, 2018, 11:25pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from friskneymariner
But does the Trust have a constitution if not it can be whatever each individual member perceives it to be.

It does but I can't find it at the moment. I'm sure Barra or Bax could post a link if you're interested.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 139
KingstonMariner
January 28, 2018, 11:26pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from lukeo

It takes 2 minutes to setup a WhatsApp group chat! Not a whole season

What if you're a member who doesn't do WhatsApp (doesn't want to or doesn't do computers/smart phones)?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 139
LH
January 28, 2018, 11:39pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,511
Gold Stars: 173
Ring them? Carrier pigeon? Go and knock on their door?

A criticism I would have of the Trust is that the board members are effectively whoever wants to be one. If the board (which imo has too many people sitting on it*) was elected by the membership then the wider fan base might be more accepting of them using their judgment to make decisions at club and Trust board level. In exceptional circumstances the Trust could decide to take wider polls of the membership.

*We are told every year that there are spaces available on the Trust board. A board should be concise I think. For a hardcore supporter base of 4500 (even less as the Trust itself) why are we needing more than 5-7 people? Why not have a smaller board with those boards heading seperate, smaller committees who focus on the different areas the trust focuses on?
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 139
moosey_club
January 29, 2018, 3:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from lukeo

It takes 2 minutes to setup a WhatsApp group chat! Not a whole season

Thing is not every trust member has Whatsapp..or a mobile...or an e -mail.....if as was indicated in an earlier reply, full consultation is not required anyway as the members of the trust board are elected and therefore seen to be a democratic representation of its members then ....
as the Board of Directors recently gave unequivocal support to RS then the Trust rep must have supported it.

If the trust board feel they are no longer happy then surely, on behalf of its members, it should request a board meeting for another review of the positon ?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 139
gtfc55
January 29, 2018, 3:55pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +83
Is ‘unequivocal’ the same as unanimous?

Quoted from moosey_club

Thing is not every trust member has Whatsapp..or a mobile...or an e -mail.....if as was indicated in an earlier reply, full consultation is not required anyway as the members of the trust board are elected and therefore seen to be a democratic representation of its members then ....
as the Board of Directors recently gave unequivocal support to RS then the Trust rep must have supported it.

If the trust board feel they are no longer happy then surely, on behalf of its members, it should request a board meeting for another review of the positon ?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 139
GrimRob
January 29, 2018, 4:02pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from gtfc55
Is ‘unequivocal’ the same as unanimous?

absolute; unqualified; not subject to conditions or exceptions, so the Trust rep voted to keep Slade.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 115 - 139
rancido
January 29, 2018, 4:11pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from LH
So you’d replace our current manager who was a recently sacked League One manager when we appointed him with a recently sacked League One manager?

If we sacked Slade we should find someone willing to be caretaker until the end of the season whilst employing a manager recruitment consultant to find us a manager who would fit into a plan for where we want to find ourselves in five years time. We can’t just keep treading water with managers and we need to plan ahead because otherwise you end up signing journeymen to play for merry-go-round managers.

Russell Slade - prior to joining GTFC he had been sacked from 3 clubs in the space of 9 months and has never had a team promoted.

Phil Brown - promotions with Hull to the Premiership and Southend to consecutive play-offs and eventual promotion to the 1st Division where he had been for almost 5 years.

Who's credentials would you trust ?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 139
davmariner
January 29, 2018, 4:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from GrimRob

absolute; unqualified; not subject to conditions or exceptions, so the Trust rep voted to keep Slade.

Might be worth a thread of it’s own. Big problem here in that this Jon Wood doesn’t seem accountable to anyone at the Trust.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 139
friskneymariner
January 29, 2018, 4:25pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
So where did the Trust derive it's mandate for this vote.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 139
KingstonMariner
January 29, 2018, 4:34pm
Meths Drinker
LH: there are no elections to the Trust board because there aren't a lot of volunteers willing to stand. if more people came forward then there'd be more competition and therefore contested elections. But there seems to be either apathy or contentment about the way things are going. Or is there a lack of self-confidence?

Friskney, the Trust derives its mandate from its membership. What vote are you talking about?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 139
14 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Rumour says slade has been sacked

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.