14 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Cloudy
January 29, 2018, 4:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from friskneymariner
So where did the Trust derive it's mandate for this vote.

You have regularly posted negative posts about the Trust Friskney.

The members of the trust elect the Trust Board to act on their behalf. If the membership dont like the way the Trust Board is operating they have the option to vote others in to take their place.

Look forward to reading your manifesto shortly
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 139
rancido
January 29, 2018, 4:37pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,448
Gold Stars: 91

So you only go to BP if you like the manager? Its a wonder you have been to any games.

I am getting a bit cheesed off coming on to the Grimsby Town supporters site, for so many people saying they don't know whether they can go to the games because of the current manager, the board, the stadium, the parking, the facilities, the PR, the players, or anything other excuse they can find.

I detest the non chairman but if he ends up being in the hot seat for the next 30 years that will not stop me going to support my team, a team that means so much to us all. Things change all the time, but surely the one thing that unites us is the support for the actual team??

I have been supporting town since the mid sixties and seen so many successes and failures at BP - that is par for the course in following your hometowns team. I never wanted to see Slade back here as a manager for GTFC but that is a situation I had to accept, like many previous managers who's appointments I wasn't particularly thrilled with.. However, now I am a pensioner on a fixed income, I find it hard to  pay for my ST , even though I get the discount for being a pensioner. The football has been dire under Slade , certainly worse than I thought it would be. The thought of paying out more money in the summer to watch another season of this dross certainly fills me with dread and is the reason why I questioned my intentions to buy another ST.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 139
friskneymariner
January 29, 2018, 4:38pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
The vote supporting Slade.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 139
friskneymariner
January 29, 2018, 4:44pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Cloudy

You have regularly posted negative posts about the Trust Friskney.

The members of the trust elect the Trust Board to act on their behalf. If the membership dont like the way the Trust Board is operating they have the option to vote others in to take their place.

Look forward to reading your manifesto shortly

Wow asking quite legitimate question in terms of how the trust derives it's mandate is now regarded as negative,not once in any of my post have I made a negative comment about the Trust,I am only attempting to ascertain the Governance of the Trust.
Think you are being overly sensitive and hyper- vigilant mmm who else do we know whose's like that.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 139
January 29, 2018, 4:48pm
Guest User
I have to say that I’m totally gutted and I was hoping that today was his last with us!!! Now I can see him going to Yeovil and getting something and then suggesting that we have ‘turned a corner’ bull poop!!

I think today was the day he should have left but it would appear that the board are extremely hesitant to protect their 5k investment and don’t want to pay him off.

My question to the board is that Do they actually give a sh1te about what the Town/Fans/Community (and possibly players) want?

You’ll pay because you’ll be lucky to get 1000 ST next year!!
Reply: 124 - 139
KingstonMariner
January 29, 2018, 4:57pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from friskneymariner
The vote supporting Slade.

The statement used the word unequivocal which is not the same as unanimous. So someone may have not voted in favour of Slade. We won't know if and who because they don't publish the way board members vote.

Whichever way Jon Wood voted he had the mandate to make that decision as the duly appointed Trust board member.

So there's a lot of 'IFs' in this:

If there was a vote and;
If JW voted in favour of Slade and;
If that was the wrong decision (and there isn't unanimity about whether it would be wise to sack the manager at this point of the season - it being either too late or too soon, or too disruptive, or there being slim prospects of recruiting a better manager now, and that it's always a risk, and whether there's confidence in the right manager being appointed given the track record of you know who)

That's a tough decision and I'm happy for Jon Wood to take it. If he did  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 139
GrimRob
January 29, 2018, 5:06pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
This thread has split into two. Please address any questions about the Trust's involvement in the decision not to sack RS here:

https://forum.thefishy.co.uk/Blah.pl?m-1517243841/

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 126 - 139
LH
January 29, 2018, 5:24pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
Quoted from KingstonMariner
LH: there are no elections to the Trust board because there aren't a lot of volunteers willing to stand. if more people came forward then there'd be more competition and therefore contested elections. But there seems to be either apathy or contentment about the way things are going. Or is there a lack of self-confidence?

I accept that although I know myself and others have offered help in the past and haven’t heard anything for a while.

As we’re seeing on a different thread now though a Trust board member who has been nominated for the club board position by his colleagues (if I remember correctly) is coming under fire for making/not making a decision at club board level. Surely this is a prime example of why the Trust board should be elected? So that the fans opinion can be truly measured. I can see why some on social media get a bit arsey about it but I also accept that there might be apathy in taking part in votes.

It’s not something for immediate change but maybe something to look at in the future. I’d also like to see straw polls taken for things like manager approval and club decisions so that the trust can feed back stats to back up statements on behalf of the fans to the club.
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 139
TAGG
January 29, 2018, 5:29pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from rancido

I have been supporting town since the mid sixties and seen so many successes and failures at BP - that is par for the course in following your hometowns team. I never wanted to see Slade back here as a manager for GTFC but that is a situation I had to accept, like many previous managers who's appointments I wasn't particularly thrilled with.. However, now I am a pensioner on a fixed income, I find it hard to  pay for my ST , even though I get the discount for being a pensioner. The football has been dire under Slade , certainly worse than I thought it would be. The thought of paying out more money in the summer to watch another season of this dross certainly fills me with dread and is the reason why I questioned my intentions to buy another ST.

You me and a couple of thousand others.
If Slade is in charge next season Town will struggle to sell a thousand ST's

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 139
KingstonMariner
January 29, 2018, 5:36pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from LH

I accept that although I know myself and others have offered help in the past and haven’t heard anything for a while.

As we’re seeing on a different thread now though a Trust board member who has been nominated for the club board position by his colleagues (if I remember correctly) is coming under fire for making/not making a decision at club board level. Surely this is a prime example of why the Trust board should be elected? So that the fans opinion can be truly measured. I can see why some on social media get a bit arsey about it but I also accept that there might be apathy in taking part in votes.

It’s not something for immediate change but maybe something to look at in the future. I’d also like to see straw polls taken for things like manager approval and club decisions so that the trust can feed back stats to back up statements on behalf of the fans to the club.

See the other thread

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 139
14 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Rumour says slade has been sacked

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.