14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Gaffer58
January 28, 2018, 8:11pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
If we appoint Phil Brown is there room in the managers office for his sunbed?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 139
golfer
January 28, 2018, 8:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,424
Gold Stars: 115

So you only go to BP if you like the manager? Its a wonder you have been to any games.

I am getting a bit cheesed off coming on to the Grimsby Town supporters site, for so many people saying they don't know whether they can go to the games because of the current manager, the board, the stadium, the parking, the facilities, the PR, the players, or anything other excuse they can find.

I detest the non chairman but if he ends up being in the hot seat for the next 30 years that will not stop me going to support my team, a team that means so much to us all. Things change all the time, but surely the one thing that unites us is the support for the actual team??

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Sorry Mr L.C.L.

I "CAN" understand supporters saying they don't know whether they can go to the game because of the current manager,the board,the stadium,the parking,the facilities, the P.R.,the players,or any other " REASON"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 139
MuddyWaters
January 28, 2018, 8:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from rancido

Certainly the appointment of Phil Brown would excite me more than the appointment of Slade last season.

Let's be right about this - the only successful manager we've had since Buckley got the job by default when his mate got sacked.
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 139
Maringer
January 28, 2018, 8:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,475
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from Gaffer58
If we appoint Phil Brown is there room in the managers office for his sunbed?

No need. Plenty of tanning places down Grimsby Road. Possibly even a selling point for him?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 139
Lincoln Mariner 56
January 28, 2018, 8:51pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,685
Gold Stars: 73
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Let's be right about this - the only successful manager we've had since Buckley got the job by default when his mate got sacked.

Let’s be honest I have been going for 55 years and how many successful managers have we had? I can remember being underwhelmed when Newman got the job, but he built on foundations Casey had started and Kerr took it from there, but would Kerr have got the job if he had not been with the club? Same with Booth after him and going back to Kerr not sure he had any success elsewhere unless taking Lincoln into the conference back in the 80’s counts.

McMenemy had been sacked by Doncaster and basically inherited the side Kennedy built and had finished previous season pretty well.

What point I am trying to make is selecting a good Manager is bloody hard and affects not only town and how many of us would have thought Hurst would do so well with a number of ex-town players none of which were universally mourned when they left.

I am sure our next appointment will be the same, loads ecstatic half never going again if said person is going to be in charge, already happening with debate over Dis and Phil Brown. Managers like players fit certain clubs, would we have wanted the god following Luton Manager when he was a coach at Brighton or Clarke who was on the staff at BR?

RS was not a wise choice after his previous stay but J.F. appeared to panic after six months of Marcus madness.

I dont particularly want RS to stay but Bristol City had a worse run last year and that seems to have worked out. Damned if you do and damned if you don’t but pretty sure the next two games will determine RS’s fate.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 139
chaos33
January 28, 2018, 8:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,928
Gold Stars: 357
Agree. Another good post from you.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 139
Theimperialcoroner
January 28, 2018, 9:41pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,175
Gold Stars: 102
Just a point on the “sacking”, I want the twit gone as much as anyone, but if you had been sacked, would you want it leaked to all and sundry before you’d had chance to manage your exit properly?
It needs to be done properly and professionally, I know this might be a radical departure for some at GTFC, but you know, let’s start somewhere.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 139
Mariner_09
January 28, 2018, 9:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Us do something professional? Where have you been for the last 17 years?

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 139
denni266
January 28, 2018, 10:14pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +696
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from Mariner_09
Us do something professional? Where have you been for the last 17 years?

Was just thinking along them lines mtself
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 139
topuphere666
January 28, 2018, 10:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Has he got phil brown on speed dial!

I flipping hope not.

I said in December the most Grimsby town thing to happen will be to wait until the end of Jan to get rid of the potato so that any new manager coming in won’t be able to add any players to the squad. It looks like that’s now the case. I’m all for Slade going but Jesus wept. He should have gone after the Morecambe game at home.

The whole club is a catalogue of errors. One after another after another.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 139
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Rumour says slade has been sacked

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.