bax
January 29, 2018, 7:12pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from LH

I accept that although I know myself and others have offered help in the past and haven’t heard anything for a while.

As we’re seeing on a different thread now though a Trust board member who has been nominated for the club board position by his colleagues (if I remember correctly) is coming under fire for making/not making a decision at club board level. Surely this is a prime example of why the Trust board should be elected? So that the fans opinion can be truly measured. I can see why some on social media get a bit arsey about it but I also accept that there might be apathy in taking part in votes.

It’s not something for immediate change but maybe something to look at in the future. I’d also like to see straw polls taken for things like manager approval and club decisions so that the trust can feed back stats to back up statements on behalf of the fans to the club.

If you wish to join the board message me and I'll invite you to our next meeting.

You can't elect board members if there are more places than people willing to stand for them! It is standard practice on the Trust that board members are elected. It's just that for the five or so years I've been involved there's never been a process where there are more candidates than places.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 139
Cloudy
January 29, 2018, 7:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from bax

If you wish to join the board message me and I'll invite you to our next meeting.

You can't elect board members if there are more places than people willing to stand for them! It is standard practice on the Trust that board members are elected. It's just that for the five or so years I've been involved there's never been a process where there are more candidates than places.

I thought the number of places on the Trust board was increased in order to avoid a vote????
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 139
bax
January 29, 2018, 7:31pm
Table Wine Drinker
Not quite. After operation promotion we figured increasing the numbers would enable us to do more, increase the skill base and allow us to build on what we achieved with OP. I’m not sure if any of those who joined the board at that time are still with us!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 139
LondonMariner43
January 29, 2018, 7:34pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,935
Gold Stars: 64
Does the Trust ever email members!  I've heard nothing since paying during OP...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 139
bax
January 29, 2018, 7:40pm
Table Wine Drinker
Yes, we message members about every two months on average.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 139
forza ivano
January 29, 2018, 9:28pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,126
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from bax

Really Bax? I'm a founder member and have cannot remember the last time I got an email

Ps those still reading this thread might like to reflect that the trust board only reflects what goes on in every parish council. My villages council has only just got enough members and if anyone resigns then whoever volunteers gets the job. Doesn't make them less worthy of representative - they are there to be 'shot at' every month!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 139
Teesknees
January 29, 2018, 10:24pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,596
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from bax

Well I joined, paid my subs and although I've e mailed two or three times I haven't heard anything since, so don't have any details of my membership! That's a bit poor.

Can you advise please?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 139
bax
January 29, 2018, 10:51pm
Table Wine Drinker
Send a message to enquiries@marinerstrust.co.uk tonight and I will pick it up first thing tomorrow
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 139
sydney
January 29, 2018, 10:54pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,012
Gold Stars: 3
Our Membership Ended Sep 17 and Syd Junior and I would rejoin..
Although didn’t get any / many communications whilst we were members
Though TBH I can’t say what I would have wanted to receive communications about?
Some communication about first team manager selection in hindsight would have been very beneficial 😁😁
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 139
Southwark Mariner
January 30, 2018, 12:15am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,537
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from sydney
Our Membership Ended Sep 17 and Syd Junior and I would rejoin..
Although didn’t get any / many communications whilst we were members

I get something pretty much every month from the Trust so you might need to check your junk email folder.

[img]http://puu.sh/zcuXz/d1d230281c.png[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 139
14 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Rumour says slade has been sacked

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.