Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Badly run - on and off the pitch?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 294 Guests

Badly run - on and off the pitch?

This thread currently has 6,326 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Biccys
January 8, 2018, 8:11am
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from davmariner
To be fair, re. the £200k I think it was explained at the fan’s forum that JF lent the club an extra £200k to cover the associated costs of getting to playoffs and the final. I’m fairly sure that the £200k he took out was just a repayment of that extra loan.

Almost right, although the sum he lent was only about £35k. The extra £165k, who knows where that has gone.

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 50 - 54
denni266
January 8, 2018, 9:24am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +698
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from davmariner
To be fair, re. the £200k I think it was explained at the fan’s forum that JF lent the club an extra £200k to cover the associated costs of getting to playoffs and the final. I’m fairly sure that the £200k he took out was just a repayment of that extra loan.

Looking like a waste of money and effort at the moment... I remember most saying that its great to be back in the league,, is it ?  lets face it there are not many that are happy at the moment, and at least 2000 cannot be bothered to go now,, and by the look of the players body language neither can they
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 54
barralad
January 8, 2018, 9:36am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from moosey_club

After the initial 30k i believe the trust can do as it chooses with its money.  

Indeed.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 54
Maringer
January 8, 2018, 10:14am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,499
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from ginnywings
Maybe there is a middle ground involving both sides?

Unfortunately, I don't think that could really be feasible. It would mean that, ultimately, the wealthier benefactors who are effectively bankrolling the club/guaranteeing loans etc wouldn't have the complete control over what was done with their money. I can't see many people willing to put in their money without any control.

I know German teams are half-owned by the fans (by law, I believe?), but the whole set up of the game over there is very much different and I don't think they have nearly as many professional full-time clubs as we do.

Regrettably, as long as one club can be bankrolled by somebody wealthy, then the others potentially can't compete without the same. It's a real problem that so few clubs are self-sustaining, but I don't think it has ever really been very different - if you read Bob Lincoln's book, there is plenty of information in there about how the board were funding the debts even back in Victorian times!

If even a little more of the lucre raining down on the Premier clubs made its way down to the lower division clubs, it might be a different prospect, but I can't see any prospect of this ever happening.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 54
1mickylyons
January 8, 2018, 12:14pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
The difficulty with our board at present is in the event you wanted to motion a vote of no confidence due to being unhappy with how the Club is being run who exactly do you aim it at and who does the aiming?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Badly run - on and off the pitch?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.