6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
RoboCod
January 6, 2018, 5:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Surprised there's no mention yet of the totally inept Martyn Woolford, I'm sure he was playing statues today and his lack of effort in the warm-up was very evident (not that he was alone!)

Match thread, page 1, 3rd post in  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 57
horsforthmariner
January 6, 2018, 5:43pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,610
Gold Stars: 9
Worst Town performance since Braintree away five years ago. We could do a Hartlepool at this rate. I can’t abide hoofball but if it’s not effective what’s the point.

Anyway over and out not paying any cash to watch this tosh anymore - I’ll reconsider in March
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 57
LH
January 6, 2018, 5:45pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,503
Gold Stars: 173
Kean had a nightmare debut - the second goal (which I’ve only seen on a screen because I went down at 37mins to the bar because the football was that awful) was in particular dreadful. Woolford couldn’t beat an egg. Forward two ineffective - again.

Summerfield should be captain as the two actual ‘joint’ captains are stood around doing nothing while Summerfield is urging his teammates on. He should also be gifted whatever money he needs to build the extension for his wine cellar as he continues to get the MOTM champagne.

The attendance and early leavers should be setting alarm bells off in the boardroom but it won’t. ‘The club’ is writing it’s own death warrant again and have learned precisely intercourse all since 2010.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 57
chaos33
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from ginnywings
I thought the Accrington game was a low, but at least they are above us in the league. I've just sat and watched us lose easily to Morecambe and listen to their 50 fans OLE' us on our own patch. Morecambe FFS. One of the few teams below us and with less goals scored. That is now three defeats in a row without scoring to three footballing giants in Accy, Crewe and Morecambe. I'm lost for words.

If you are reading this John, and you probably will be, you will not get one more penny from me until Slade and the even more boring Wilko are out the door. I have a season ticket, so not much i can do this season, but that's me done while he is here. You won't get one more penny. Another massive mistake bringing back that dinosaur.

The last time we played them was our first game back in the league in front of 6500 fans and our first win.

Progress?

Probably the best post in terms of summing up how many, many people feel.
The most stark image - more empty black and white seats in the Pontoon than people.

The writing is on the wall. It can't go on like this.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 57
KingstonMariner
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
That's a shockingly telling stat Ginny. The crowd has been halved since our return to the Football League. And it's all down to bad management from the top down.

After the Operation Promotion success the opportunity to move on has been wasted.

I said last Summer that the season ticket sales being down 10-20% was a failure, but some claimed it wasn't because 3000 the year before was a recent record. It was a symptom of poor management.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 57
barralad
January 6, 2018, 6:01pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Well I'll try and be a tad more balanced than Hagrid in the impestuousness of yoof.
It started badly when really with their first attack Morecambe scored. A little dink into the box where Grandad Ellison stood totally unmarked was quite enough for a header to leave our new keeper flat footed although it was a very good header. Town just never got going first half. No movement off the ball up front, Dembele intent on trying to take on all 11 opponents and invariably losing the ball and Jones attempting extravagant flicks to no-one in particular. Even allowing for Summerfield's usual industry the midfield were pretty absent.
It was no surprise when the lead was doubled. Morecambe put Mills under the slightest of pressure panic ensued and either Clarke or Collins had to come to the rescue. The look which whichever of them it was gave the Pontoon as an endorsement of Mills part of it spoke volumes. Trouble was they didn't defend the resulting set piece. The ball was dinked into the box where no one really got to grips. Kean flapped at it in a way which made Killip's indiscretion at Crewe look worthy of the handling skills of the Harlem Globetrotters and their guy sidefooted it home from 2 yards.
Cue the longest sustained "Slade Out"" chant from seemingly across the Pontoon and possibly elsewhere. The atmosphere is now deadly. I make no comments on the right and wrongs of it simply to say that the rest of the half was punctuated by loud booing and expressions of different degrees of anger every time a Town player did something even mildly wrong. Half time brought sustained booing.
Town came out for the second half a good five minutes before Morecambe-possibly not the best preparation on a cold afternoon-with even to me a noticeable change in formation to 4-3-3.
It got better. Mills got forward and put in some reasonable balls as did Davis on the other flank but no-one gambled and the possible chances went begging. There was a header (diving) off the line which Morecambe might be grateful there is no goalline technology in League 2 for. Dembele found his dribble and caused some defensive alarm-he had a very good effort turned round the post but by and large Morecambe dealt easily with anything remotely threatening.. They always looked dangerous on the break and Kean made at least two good saves low down and I think Summerfield headed one off the line.
Ridiculously they couldn't deal with Ellison who earned himself a standing ovation from all stands when he was replaced.
Hooper came on  for Jones, Vernon for Matt and D.J. rather belatedly I thought for Rose (who was poor throughout).None of the subs made their mark. In fact it got a bit worse because such is Hooper's positioning many decent looking crosses from the right sailed harmlessly over the top and out. We never really looked like scoring in truth. Boos rang round at the departure of Jones but he is a shadow of the player who scored a great second goal at Barnet only five/six weeks ago (I'll let that sink in....).
Positives...not many. After his early boob Kean looks like he'll be a decent acquisition. There was evidence of more trust in him from our defenders than Killip was afforded. Mills had a storming second half as did Davis. The rest? Pretty non-descript really.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 57
Grimbiggs
January 6, 2018, 6:02pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / -4
Approval: +685
The stats don't lie and unfortunately we're plummetting fast, ranked 20th in Attack, 16th in Defence...only 12 goals scored at home with only Barnet and Crawley worse (11 goals).....only two wins against teams in the top half. Failed to score in 48% of games...things need to change fast.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 57
moosey_club
January 6, 2018, 6:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Grimbiggs
The stats don't lie and unfortunately we're plummetting fast, ranked 20th in Attack, 16th in Defence...only 12 goals scored at home with only Barnet and Crawley worse (11 goals).....only two wins against teams in the top half. Failed to score in 48% of games...things need to change fast.

Quick Fenty....screenshot this and you can use these stats to drum up sales on next seasons price increased seasons tickets  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 57
headingly_mariner
January 6, 2018, 6:28pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
That was like a performance from the dark days of Newell.
A die hard I was talking to left at half time, never seen him leave early before. The crowd got thinner as the game went on. We were dreadful first half and couldn't cope with a 40 year old. The new keeper had a shocking debut, but I am sure he'll get better.

It's time for the debt to be dropped and the board to resign for the good of the club. Their is no ambition to take the club forward and a real danger we could go backwards.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 57
ginnywings
January 6, 2018, 6:39pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,119
Gold Stars: 548
I remember us playing Morecambe in a night match and surrendering a 2-0 lead, to lose the game 2-3. That was the game i knew the writing was on the wall and we were going down. Today felt similar.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 57
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.