arryarryarry
January 6, 2018, 8:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from chaos33

Probably the best post in terms of summing up how many, many people feel.
The most stark image - more empty black and white seats in the Pontoon than people.

The writing is on the wall. It can't go on like this.

So what's your answer you kept asking me?

Personally Slade has left us with a pile of excrement and I wouldn't trust him to give anyone a contract. Even this new keeper looks dodgy.

I would like to see him gone and I don't care who replaces him, DM, one of the stewards, Moira from the club shop or a ball boy, they couldn't do any worse.
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 57
arryarryarry
January 6, 2018, 8:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Freemoash88
Absolutely shocking this reminds me of when Woods was in charge. How can the bloke stay in charge? It’s relegation form and Lucky for us chesterfield and co are worse.

This is exactly what we were saying as we left the ground.

No one looks like scoring, an ineffective midfield and an at times hapless defence.

Continue as we are and we could easily be sucked into a relegation scrap.
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 57
RoboCod
January 6, 2018, 9:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from Gaffer58
Can I suggest a fans forum on Tuesday evening, Matt Dean to compere, Slade can bring his computer and pretend he has a plan. Fenty and Marley can slag the fans off. No, that sounds bloody stupid, that would never happen in the real world.

Thing is, I can't get that night out of my thoughts. Honestly wonder sometimes if I dreamt the whole thing, only Town could put together a clear-the-air forum and make things 1,000 times worse.
I can't help but wonder who else would have viewed the whole thing on Youtube. The current players? Potential signing players? Investors ? All looking in and seeing an absolute freak show of amateurish, two bob businessmen involved in senseless and vitriolic point scoring aimed at the local media and the fans. ALWAYS the fans.
I don't think we've fully recovered from that shocking night, but one thing's for sure. The on the field shambles that passes itself off as a pro football team have failed badly, woefully under the hapless manager, and no way will shouting at Matt Dean about a tweet that apparently worried the manager about his employment, or accusations of fans bullying others into making the crowd stay away stick as excuses for the mess we're in.

We need a decision soon about how we approach the rest of the season, with or without Slade and if without (hopefully), then who could do the bare essentials in just keeping us ticking over until this nightmare finishes. That gives the majority shareholder a good 4 months to put together his severance plan and do what's best for the club.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 57
HertsGTFC
January 6, 2018, 10:48pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227
During my 150 mile drive home I got to thinking the visitors had a plan knew their jobs and made the best or what they had and it worked. They even rubbed it in by going 2 up front in the 2nd half when they where 2 - 0 up which underlines even they did not think we could score. Nothing since I have arrived home has told me anything different.

There is nothing I can really add to what has been posted above about the game other than the manger whoever it will be next week needs to find a way for the 2 front players to spend more time in the box so the wide/ midfield players can find them, far too often Jones and Matt are not in the box when they need to be.

Thought that Summers tried his best and should have the arm band IMHO, though today was poor thought some of the abuse the players especially Rose & Matt got at the end aseptically from the Upper was unacceptable and I was embarrassed once again by the behaviors of some "supporters",  Get that people are p1ssed off but I doubt what was said from the safety of 20+ feet up in a stand would have been said face to face to this lads.

Another day to forget!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 57
lew chaterleys lover
January 6, 2018, 11:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,657
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from RoboCod

Thing is, I can't get that night out of my thoughts. Honestly wonder sometimes if I dreamt the whole thing, only Town could put together a clear-the-air forum and make things 1,000 times worse.
I can't help but wonder who else would have viewed the whole thing on Youtube. The current players? Potential signing players? Investors ? All looking in and seeing an absolute freak show of amateurish, two bob businessmen involved in senseless and vitriolic point scoring aimed at the local media and the fans. ALWAYS the fans.
I don't think we've fully recovered from that shocking night, but one thing's for sure. The on the field shambles that passes itself off as a pro football team have failed badly, woefully under the hapless manager, and no way will shouting at Matt Dean about a tweet that apparently worried the manager about his employment, or accusations of fans bullying others into making the crowd stay away stick as excuses for the mess we're in.

We need a decision soon about how we approach the rest of the season, with or without Slade and if without (hopefully), then who could do the bare essentials in just keeping us ticking over until this nightmare finishes. That gives the majority shareholder a good 4 months to put together his severance plan and do what's best for the club.

Yes I absolutely agree with those views about the forum.

That night did terrible damage to the reputation of Grimsby Town Football Club. It seemed that the panel just thought they were playing to the gallery of those in the room. It didn't seem to occur to them that all their vitriolic, underhand and amatuerish  behaviour would be on  line for everybody to look at forever if they wish.

Who would wish to work for a company that acted like that? I think it was the first time I have been truly shocked by anything to do with GTFC. Drunken rowdy fans, or rubbish players and managers come with the territory for every club, but for a board and manager to act like that in front of the media is truly astonishing and shows a complete lack of gravitas or class. I thought at the time it would be the beginning of the end for this particular regime, one way or another. And all because of a nothing story that hardly anyone was paying attention to.

It will be an interesting week next week for sure, but although the manager might be dismissed, until we get new owners with a sense of pride and purpose and a plan for the future we will just have to hope football fortune favours us.
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 57
chaos33
January 6, 2018, 11:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,870
Gold Stars: 353
Quoted from arryarryarry

So what's your answer you kept asking me?

Personally Slade has left us with a pile of excrement and I wouldn't trust him to give anyone a contract. Even this new keeper looks dodgy.

I would like to see him gone and I don't care who replaces him, DM, one of the stewards, Moira from the club shop or a ball boy, they couldn't do any worse.

Sack Slade and appoint you. You know everything.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 57
Maringer
January 7, 2018, 12:18am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,412
Gold Stars: 184
To attempt to inject some positivity to the understandably depressing thread, we played some decent football in the first 25 minutes or so in the second half. Passing, movement, that sort of stuff though without enough men in the box to provide much of a threat most of the time.

We didn't concede any more goals when this was occurring (though their hacked clearances somehow managed to find their strikers precisely for some reason), but we did at least get them into a bit of a tizz at times.

Obviously, nothing much achieved in the grand scheme of things, but it at least gave me the hope that the players were doing more than capable of stringing a few passes together if they put their minds to it.

Let's hope so. My target is for 52 points this season for safety so I'm hoping we'll reach this before the last couple of games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 57
ginnywings
January 7, 2018, 12:25am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
But it was too late by then. We should be putting teams like Morecambe under pressure from the off at BP, not wait until we are 2 down and have no choice but to attack more. They also have something to defend and can just sit back in numbers. We hardly got near their keeper, even in our 'best' spell.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 57
arryarryarry
January 7, 2018, 1:41am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from chaos33

Sack Slade and appoint you. You know everything.

Well you don't really have a clue.
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 57
oldun
January 7, 2018, 11:01am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Quoted from Maringer
To attempt to inject some positivity to the understandably depressing thread, we played some decent football in the first 25 minutes or so in the second half. Passing, movement, that sort of stuff though without enough men in the box to provide much of a threat most of the time.

We didn't concede any more goals when this was occurring (though their hacked clearances somehow managed to find their strikers precisely for some reason), but we did at least get them into a bit of a tizz at times.

Obviously, nothing much achieved in the grand scheme of things, but it at least gave me the hope that the players were doing more than capable of stringing a few passes together if they put their minds to it.

Let's hope so. My target is for 52 points this season for safety so I'm hoping we'll reach this before the last couple of games.

Yes but as at Crewe the opposion were content to sacrifice the midfield, defend in numbers and hit us on the occasional break. So we had more space to play but still rarely hurt them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 57
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.