6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Mrs Doyle
January 6, 2018, 6:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from cmackenzie4
He may have to if fans start voting with their feet.

Just 3,000 fans I would say they already have wouldn't you???

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 57
Marinerz93
January 6, 2018, 6:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
As Morecambe scored their 2nd I had a flash back to an away game at Morecambe, a game were they had 7 first team players out and I was quite looking forward to the game. I was enjoying my pre match drink when I over heard a lad saying to his dad that he was worried out the game as so many Morecambe players were out and his dad said to him, don't worry son, Grimsby are a nothing team, we went on to lose that game and those words have stuck with me ever since.

At the minute we are a nothing team filled with nobodies, managed by a nobody who was hired by a his friend also a nobody.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 57
topuphere666
January 6, 2018, 7:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
To summarise - the cold weather was 10000x more fun than the football on offer today.

Jesus Christ It was morecambe. The mighty Morecambe. We made them look like a Prem team, at no stage where they troubled by anything we had to offer. They sat back in the second half and let us see some of the ball but we did absolutely nothing with it. For two reasonably tall CB’s with a combined age of over 70 they didn’t win an aerial challenge against Oliver all afternoon. KO must be wondering what the hell he has to do to get a run of games.

Today was one of the worst games I’ve seen us play! There was no game plan, fight, teamwork, willingness to work for each other. The body language is diabolical and everyone looks defeated.
We are most certainly in a relegation scrap and this transfer window could be the most important in many a year!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 57
ginnywings
January 6, 2018, 7:06pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Slade talked about a good second half against Crewe and again today. Well Russ, that's because they just kept what they had and said, "go on then, have the ball and see if you can score". Both teams knew we had nothing to worry them after the first half. I said last week he was deluded and it seems he still is.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 57
Marinerz93
January 6, 2018, 7:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Russ talks a good game but I wouldn't consider Morecambe doing the ole in our half in the 2nd half, a good second half for us.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 57
topuphere666
January 6, 2018, 7:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
We could be playing till now and still wouldn’t score!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 57
Perkins
January 6, 2018, 7:28pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,964
Gold Stars: 7
Got home from watching that pile of crap this afternoon, next doors cat got a swift kick up the jacksie for loitering with intent in my front garden and went in. The dog was already behind the settee as he always is at 5-15 on a match day, and the wife said "lost again did we? in a bad mood are we?" no, i said just freezing cold and totally pis*ed of with it all. "We're going down" she said, "bit too early for that" i replied. "i can see you're in a bad move cos we lost" she said and then, and this is from someone who's never been to a football match in their life, she started expounding her bloody theories why were going to get relegated. "Shut up i said, you know feck all about football, wind your bloody neck in.
Result? I've had to get my own tea, and probably my own dinner tomorrow too.

Slade, Fenty, and the lot of you, you've got a bloody awful lot to answer to!!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 57
quebec38
January 6, 2018, 7:48pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,549
Gold Stars: 44
I hate to see managers get the sack and 99% of the time it’s too early. I’m all for Slade going though now and it wouldn’t be too soon. There can’t be a more stubborn manager in the league. The likes of Morecambe, Crewe and Accrington don’t have anything special that we don’t. The difference is all in the coaching. A good manager could have this side a good 5 or 6 places higher up the league. Instead, the one we have persists with the same rubbish ideas week in and week out.
I would happily accept Grimsby lying in 15th if the man in charge was at least trying to get things right. Small things like everyone back for corners. Try it. Ah ok that didn’t work. I’ll try something else next week... that sort of thing. But instead it’s just the same rubbish over and over with no end in sight.
Please Fenty, we know you’re stubborn but do the right thing now and win back at least the tiniest bit of support. Get rid of Slade.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 57
ginnywings
January 6, 2018, 7:57pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
You will be pleased to know that we are only the second side to lose at home to Morecambe. Top work.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 57
Gaffer58
January 6, 2018, 8:02pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,034
Gold Stars: 31
Can I suggest a fans forum on Tuesday evening, Matt Dean to compere, Slade can bring his computer and pretend he has a plan. Fenty and Marley can slag the fans off. No, that sounds bloody stupid, that would never happen in the real world.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 57
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.