Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 189 Guests

Just Back.

This thread currently has 12,645 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Maringer
December 27, 2017, 9:43am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,491
Gold Stars: 185
I'm very surprised people think Dembele had a good game as it was one of his worst for me. The only chance he created that I can recall was a run and a cross that led Woolford's shot (which Vernon inadvertently blocked!). I don't subscribe to ifollow but I'd be surprised if the highlights showed he did much more than that.

Biggest difference between the two sides yesterday was from the subs - their subs livened things up a bit, ours slowed us down even more.

Vernon's worst performance for us that I can remember as he did absolutely nothing right, though Hooper showed the odd decent touch.

Ultimately, when it comes to the end of the season, I think it will be the lack of pace in the squad and poor options on the bench which will probably take us out of contention for the play-offs.

Might be worth sticking Osbourne on one of the wings when he returns as he couldn't do worse than the highly disappointing Woolford did yesterday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 79
lukeo
December 27, 2017, 9:49am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
Refreshing for me to see Slade has said it is 2 points dropped considering its against a team who was ment to be running away with the league with all the money they've spent
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 79
1mickylyons
December 27, 2017, 9:56am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Maringer
I'm very surprised people think Dembele had a good game as it was one of his worst for me. The only chance he created that I can recall was a run and a cross that led Woolford's shot (which Vernon inadvertently blocked!). I don't subscribe to ifollow but I'd be surprised if the highlights showed he did much more than that.

Biggest difference between the two sides yesterday was from the subs - their subs livened things up a bit, ours slowed us down even more.

Vernon's worst performance for us that I can remember as he did absolutely nothing right, though Hooper showed the odd decent touch.

Ultimately, when it comes to the end of the season, I think it will be the lack of pace in the squad and poor options on the bench which will probably take us out of contention for the play-offs.

Might be worth sticking Osbourne on one of the wings when he returns as he couldn't do worse than the highly disappointing Woolford did yesterday.

Which stand did you watch the game from mate,that may have a bearing? I was in the Upper and thought he carried our threat the few times he got on the ball and I can`t remember him losing the ball a lot but my motm was a toss up between Rose/Summerfield with honourable mentions to Davies and Matt.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 79
Lincoln Mariner 56
December 27, 2017, 10:34am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Which stand did you watch the game from mate,that may have a bearing? I was in the Upper and thought he carried our threat the few times he got on the ball and I can`t remember him losing the ball a lot but my motm was a toss up between Rose/Summerfield with honourable mentions to Davies and Matt.

I would also suport another poster's comments from yesterday in that the contribution Clarke is making is getting overlooked by some of our fans. After a.pretty sluggish start to his time with us he has grown in stature, rarely misses an header and appears a bit more mobile than when he first came. Davies also played well but having seen their goal again didn't realise it was from his blunder, still have to accept players do make errors we just hope they do not result in opposition scoring like yesterday.

No doubt how much better the team is playing and like all fellow town fans appreciate that a "fox in the box" striker would probably see us make the play offs. Without one we could finish anywhere between 16th and 8th depending how much we move forwards with Osbourne's return. Please RS put him straight back in for Woolford this Saturday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 79
devs
December 27, 2017, 10:40am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 30
Funny old game as they say... at times this season I think the praise for Dembele has been over the top but yesterday he was superb IMO
Always a threat, full of energy, great with the ball... end product needs improving a lot but then most playerrs at L2 it;s the same

Some of the 'gripes' about Killip are ridiculous - young lad, making his debut, Mansfield trying to rattle him... thought he was excellent

For me Rose and Summerfield faded a little second half allowing Mansfield to dominate centre midfield

Matt had his best game - Jones was always giving them problems - Woolford is a huge disappointment

Osbourne will replace him on the left (even though not his best position)  - rest of team as per starting XI v Stags

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 79
Mariner93er
December 27, 2017, 10:57am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,728
Gold Stars: 28
I was annoyed pre game that Woodford was on the top sheet and now am even more annoyed, as we were essentially playing with 10 men. It's not as if he even does a better defensive job than dj, he's so slow he's always chasing the game. We've got an Accrington team who are on a bad run next, and I'll be annoyed once more if dj is not back in the team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 79
GTFC_85
December 27, 2017, 11:21am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +252
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Maringer
Dembele was hopeless until the last 15 minutes

Are you blind
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 79
TAGG
December 27, 2017, 11:36am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
I really enjoyed the game first half.
First half with and without the ball we were very good apart from Woolford who contributed nothing first or second half hope to never see him in a Town shirt again. The ref first half not so bad.
Second half he copulated up what was a decent game.
Back 4 were outstanding Mills my MOM
UTM

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 79
friskneymariner
December 27, 2017, 12:02pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Why is Woolford anywhere near the squad.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 79
rancido
December 27, 2017, 12:14pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
Of course Killip looked nervous it was his debut and he is a young guy hoping to have a long career in the game, he did nothing wrong and made some decent saves/interceptions, but clearly not of Hendeson's class/stature. To be fair a commanding keeper would still be on my list of needs as Macca neve comes for a cross and this allows teams to throw the ball in between our penalty spot and six yard line which is the real danger zone.

Decent match but Mansfield actually did not play as well for the first 30 minutes as they did last season when they missed some real opportunities. Pretty much agree on who played well but I also thought Rose had a good game and showed a real willingness to get in the box whilst Clarke & Davies were excellent defensively.

Up front Matt puts himself about effectively, unless your the ref, and Jones continues to show his true self in brief cameos but like in the second half that should have resulted in us scoring. I have some sympathy re the great run by Summerfield and when you are in the Upper Findus it looks a straightforward pass but as he collected the ball he was already turning towards the touchline and thus not in a position to play that reverse pass.

We look much more like a side now and if Osbourne replaces the totally ineffective Woolford we will be further improved. That elusive striker would have made the big difference today but so would awarding the most blatant of penalties. Add this to his failure to send off their number 2 and you really have had a bad day. I think we got behind them on four occasions only to be cynically fouled, professional it maybe but its bloody annoying and needed to result in their full back getting sent off.

What is the point of Woolford and what does he bring to the game? To me he is a nothing player and I can't understand what RS sees in him and why he signed him. It's this kind of signing that makes me wonder who RS has in mind when ( or if ) he brings in any new blood in January.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 79
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.