Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 99 Guests

Just Back.

This thread currently has 12,668 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
pontoonlew
December 26, 2017, 5:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
I thought first half we were good, this was the first time I've seen Summerfield since his new lease of life and he was fantastic. Dembele was great as well.

For their goal, an absolutely horrendous piece of defending from Collins which ultimately cost us the game.

A half decent performance and happy with a point, but we could've had more.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 79
Garth
December 26, 2017, 5:31pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from pontoonlew
I thought first half we were good, this was the first time I've seen Summerfield since his new lease of life and he was fantastic. Dembele was great as well.

For their goal, an absolutely horrendous piece of defending from Collins which ultimately cost us the game.

A half decent performance and happy with a point, but we could've had more.

I`m not we were average today, but still better than Fatty`s gang
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 79
pontoonlew
December 26, 2017, 5:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Garth

I`m not we were average today, but still better than Fatty`s gang

Agreed, but on the face of the game (especially second half) we could've easily been beaten.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 79
Jarmo.Is.God
December 26, 2017, 5:56pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Ref totally ruined it for us

We didn't look bad, but bench is weak as it showed today.

Dembele and Matt both very impressive and they couldn't handle any them both at all

Killip did well, and I would be comfortable with him in goal
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 79
psgmariner
December 26, 2017, 5:59pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Frustrating to have drawn but it was an enjoyable game. I don't get to see them often but today reinforced my opinion that dembele is too good for us! Unplayable at times and only let down by his final ball.

Back four looked solid, Summerfield and Rose are a decent pair in the middle and Matt was a real handful despite not looking like someone who is ever going to score loads of goals. Seems obvious to say but if we had a Liam Hearn, Reddy or another fast and busy goal scorer up front we would be a lot more likely to trouble the playoffs.

Private Message
Reply: 14 - 79
Mendonca1995
December 26, 2017, 6:12pm
Super Clive mendonca how much would he cost now
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +903
Gold Stars: 15
Watching woolford and vernon today was like watching 2 scarecrows !!!! Anonymous to say the least we just haven’t got a goalscorer capable of finding the net jones has been off for a couple of months although looked good in flashes Matt did well but it was obvious he had to be brought off before the ref sent him off for basically putting himself between the defenders !!! The amount of times dembele got down the line and was looking for some one in the box to cross to was unreal there wasn’t no one within 20 yards of him especially second half desperate for some pace upfront and in regards to vernon and woolford am only saying what everyone else is UTM  

ALL TOWN AREN'T WE ⚫️⚪️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 79
Croxton
December 26, 2017, 6:28pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,021
Gold Stars: 34
Agree with most of above except the subs. Even though Jones was hit and miss he is better than Hooper. DJ for Woolford and Karleigh Osborne for Matt would have occupied their defence in last 10 - 15 min. Taking Jones off is not changing his mindset. Wilko should be schooling him in training!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 79
LH
December 26, 2017, 6:31pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,596
Gold Stars: 175
I think even the most optimistic of Town fans would say that 2 points from the last three games against form teams, the league leaders and the best home side in the division is a good haul. That said the refereeing definitely impacted today’s result although we did have a couple of chances (Rose, Collins off the top of my head) to get a second and kill it off before they equalised.

I think everyone has got it about right with who the good and bad performers were. I hope McKeown is back soon because Killip looked very nervous when he first came on. Evan’s Mansfield are probably the last team in the league who you’d want him to make his debut against, I suppose.

Looking at the next couple of weeks we have got 3 very winnable games. Morecambe and Accrington are the two worst performing teams in the league over the last six games (both W1 D1 L4) and Crewe are hit and miss.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 79
Mikoo
December 26, 2017, 6:52pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: +466
Quoted from Croxton
Agree with most of above except the subs. Even though Jones was hit and miss he is better than Hooper. DJ for Woolford and Karleigh Osborne for Matt would have occupied their defence in last 10 - 15 min. Taking Jones off is not changing his mindset. Wilko should be schooling him in training!

We'd made a change in the first half with Killip for Macca so not sure how you think we can then make three in the second half
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 79
Lincoln Mariner 56
December 26, 2017, 6:55pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,764
Gold Stars: 81
Of course Killip looked nervous it was his debut and he is a young guy hoping to have a long career in the game, he did nothing wrong and made some decent saves/interceptions, but clearly not of Hendeson's class/stature. To be fair a commanding keeper would still be on my list of needs as Macca neve comes for a cross and this allows teams to throw the ball in between our penalty spot and six yard line which is the real danger zone.

Decent match but Mansfield actually did not play as well for the first 30 minutes as they did last season when they missed some real opportunities. Pretty much agree on who played well but I also thought Rose had a good game and showed a real willingness to get in the box whilst Clarke & Davies were excellent defensively.

Up front Matt puts himself about effectively, unless your the ref, and Jones continues to show his true self in brief cameos but like in the second half that should have resulted in us scoring. I have some sympathy re the great run by Summerfield and when you are in the Upper Findus it looks a straightforward pass but as he collected the ball he was already turning towards the touchline and thus not in a position to play that reverse pass.

We look much more like a side now and if Osbourne replaces the totally ineffective Woolford we will be further improved. That elusive striker would have made the big difference today but so would awarding the most blatant of penalties. Add this to his failure to send off their number 2 and you really have had a bad day. I think we got behind them on four occasions only to be cynically fouled, professional it maybe but its bloody annoying and needed to result in their full back getting sent off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 79
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.