Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 198 Guests

Just Back.

This thread currently has 12,634 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
arryarryarry
December 26, 2017, 10:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
I thought it was an OK game but in my opinion both teams lacked quality apart from Dembele. There was little to get the fans going or upping the atmosphere which was quite flat.

I understand DJ hasn't had the best of games recently but for frigs sick what was Slade doing bringing back Woolford who has been crap in just about every game he has played and offers nothing to the team.

We are in desperate need of at least one other striker both Vernon and Hooper were poor when they came on, a left back in case Davies gets injured, another central midfielder because Summerfield and Rose although playing quite well neither look like the sort of players to create opportunities for our forwards, and a left sided wide player because if DJ isn't first choice then we cannot continue playing with 10 men as Woolford is a waste of space.
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 79
Mariner Timsky
December 26, 2017, 10:35pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 4
Personally would love to see Jamey Osborne back on Sat and playing off MATT up top, , replacing Jones??

Or will RS stick him out on the left??

Certainly can’t see Summerfield or Rose being dropped

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 79
mariner tommy
December 26, 2017, 10:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,870
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from pontoonlew
I thought first half we were good, this was the first time I've seen Summerfield since his new lease of life and he was fantastic. Dembele was great as well.

For their goal, an absolutely horrendous piece of defending from Collins which ultimately cost us the game.

A half decent performance and happy with a point, but we could've had more.

But it was Davies who made the mistake which led to their goal
UTM

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 79
Grantley
December 26, 2017, 11:59pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
I think there’s a case for handball for their goal looking at the highlights; most of our players appeal for it and it could explain why Davies misjudges the ball.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 79
oochiad
December 27, 2017, 12:00am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,677
Gold Stars: 27
It was a blatant handball from where I was sat.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 79
Mrs Doyle
December 27, 2017, 3:58am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
On Killip.

I thought he did well first time thrown into a big game looked a bit nervous understandable and Fat boy clearly told his players to rattle him on goal kicks. He caught the ball well and made some good kicks into space one in particular for rose.

Well done son he will have enjoyed that and want more.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 79
Mrs Doyle
December 27, 2017, 4:06am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Cardwell has to be in front of Vernon for me he has pace, energy and height and will probably be a lot more effective.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 79
1mickylyons
December 27, 2017, 7:21am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
I actually enjoyed most of the game upto Matt going off and thought Town looked far the better side.After that with the Ref under Evans spell we did well to get a draw. Vernon was pathetic and with Woolford and Hooper also on the pitch the remaining 7 outfield players did brilliant to see the game out. I find it bizarre that Woolford,Hooper and Vernon can get on the pitch in front of Cardwell and DJ at anytime?If RS can get rid of 6-7 and bring in 2-3 better players for them we wont be far off the Play Offs and if he can`t we will finish midtable.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 79
golfer
December 27, 2017, 8:14am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115
I just don't understand why Cardwell wasn't even on the bench. He would have been ideal to replace Matt. You can't really say Vernon is a "fresh" pair of legs no matter when he comes on. He tries--full stop.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 79
1mickylyons
December 27, 2017, 8:23am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from golfer
I just don't understand why Cardwell wasn't even on the bench. He would have been ideal to replace Matt. You can't really say Vernon is a "fresh" pair of legs no matter when he comes on. He tries--full stop.

He never won a header or even passed once whilst on the pitch from what I can recall.No point slagging him off but the comment he tries would apply to me and you and likewise we probably wouldn't be worth a shirt either? We must have better than that to come off the bench it`s not good enough.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 79
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.