12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Cloudy
October 14, 2017, 8:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Dull and boring from start to finish.

We could/should have won but we are what we are, a mid table division 4 team. We won't win every week but we are competitive in the division. Yet to see any side who looked good, there will not be more than one or two who perform well on a half consistent basis.

People lambasting Slade but we aren't not going to be challenging for promotion. If we went up we would be hammered next season because the club is hardly ready to cope with league 2 let alone league 1.

It isn't ', imo going to get better any time soon so either accept it or don't bother. You have a choice. Pesh poor budget will result in mid table annominity
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 118
IlkleyMariner
October 14, 2017, 8:34pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 69
Well if you think this is bad, you could always go and watch Arsenal whose fans slate them every time they don't win by a mile.
Think their season ticket is over £1000 too

The problem is that there are only 4 team can win their leagues, but 12 can get relegated. The other 76 clubs are either unhappy that they did not win the league or have avoided relegation but had uninspiring seasons.

Lets hope they find oil or fracking gas and some Arab buys GTFC, then we can all be happy.

At present, accept the crap performances and keep picking up points until the transfer window.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 118
October 14, 2017, 8:35pm
Guest User
My mate Robin said "it's the choir that can't sing", I asked if they sign thinking it was a choir for the deaf. He said "no they can't sing", so i asked if they mime. "No they go for fun but they are not singers", Once the conversation went to sewing machines he gave up and told me to watch the kids playing football. Finishing with saying "you are odd !"
Reply: 62 - 118
Grimbiggs
October 14, 2017, 8:38pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / -4
Approval: +685
Quoted from Meza
For those that went i'm sure there is some positive stuff.  Every just back thread these days (and not just because its slade) doesn't have 1 bit of positivity.  Surely in 90 mins of football it isn't all negative.  I get people are saying its boring but you don't have to just talk about the negatives, surely we need balance views.  

I do normally try to give a balanced view, weighing up the negatives with the positives, however, the last two home games, and the majority of this seasons home match's, have been very poor fare indeed. Like most forms of entertainment, you turn up expecting to see a performance, and you expect value for money. Those loyal supporters who turn up week after week come rain or shine, have been duped out of their hard-earned money. I will end on a positive note however by saying that we at least got a point today, and are currently in 12th place...UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 118
MuddyWaters
October 14, 2017, 8:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,256
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
Well if you think this is bad, you could always go and watch Arsenal whose fans slate them every time they don't win by a mile.
Think their season ticket is over £1000 too

The problem is that there are only 4 team can win their leagues, but 12 can get relegated. The other 76 clubs are either unhappy that they did not win the league or have avoided relegation but had uninspiring seasons.

Lets hope they find oil or fracking gas and some Arab buys GTFC, then we can all be happy.

At present, accept the crap performances and keep picking up points until the transfer window.

On that basis, we're supposed to put up with Sladeball because it's all we can afford? Expect a lower level in years to come then, because there will be several season tickets not renewed in the Lower if that's the case.
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 118
jock dock tower
October 14, 2017, 8:41pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 118
October 14, 2017, 8:45pm
Guest User
Does anyone know whether locking a fire exit with a chain and padlock is against the law?
Reply: 66 - 118
IlkleyMariner
October 14, 2017, 8:47pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from MuddyWaters

On that basis, we're supposed to put up with Sladeball because it's all we can afford? Expect a lower level in years to come then, because there will be several season tickets not renewed in the Lower if that's the case.

Think this Sladeball thing is overstated. However, yes, we have to stay up this season, and if it means another 33 games of less than exiting watching, so be it.

Next year is another matter altogether, as unacceptable performances must be punished. Anybody remember Rome?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 118
heppy88
October 14, 2017, 8:49pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from jock dock tower

Samaritans? I tried phoning them straight after the game, couldnt get through, automated message said they were experiencing a higher than normal number of calls from the N. E. Lincs area
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 118
chaos33
October 14, 2017, 8:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
We are solidly mid table in League 2 are we not? Only lost once in 5 games....
I didn't go today. I went to York races. Had a great day. A rare child free weekend day.

We are in the football league. Our manager has a 'style' and our budget is average at very best. Do something else. Get on with some other stuff rather than go to BP if it's boring. Life is short and opportunities to enjoy yourself are rare indeed (especially if you've  got young kids and a demanding job).

The upshot is - it's ok to be 'middling' in L2 in a sense. It's much better than being in the conference - I never lose sight of that, BUT.... if I was running the club, I shouldn't be surprised if many people don't want to pay a lot of money on a Saturday to sit through 90 minutes of something that makes them frustrated and miserable.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 118
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.