Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 293 Guests

Just back

This thread currently has 15,585 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
October 15, 2017, 10:39am
Guest User
Another shocking game, I spend most of the game counting the minutes off the scoreboard. So drab, got to keep doing my duty and attending but it's like watching paint dry. Maybe need to start drinking more before the game.
Reply: 100 - 118
Mallyner
October 15, 2017, 12:02pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,515
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from heppy88

Samaritans? I tried phoning them straight after the game, couldnt get through, automated message said they were experiencing a higher than normal number of calls from the N. E. Lincs area

I rang them saying I was walking along the rail track. They told me to stay on the line.  

If you don't laugh you would cry, it was grim, but the table doesn't look too bad.

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 118
Cloudy
October 15, 2017, 2:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from golfer
Agreed more or less word for word on the summing up by Tommy and would add that Clark should be replaced by Osborne and Bolly on left wing

Last three games we have conceded one goal and that from a keeper error yet you want to change the centre backs?
I think our issues lie elsewhere
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 118
ginnywings
October 15, 2017, 2:54pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,119
Gold Stars: 548
Listening to the Brighton game while working in my workshop and it is very dull with a subdued crowd and no goals. Maybe this is just the way football is going and only the very top sides will play with any flair because they have the best players. Even Man Utd with all their millions played a very poor game yesterday apparently and have been roundly criticised for being negative.

Athleticism and organisation is killing the game. For top clubs, staying in the Prem is the be all and end all and at our level, staying in the league is the same. Managers go out with a must not lose attitude and hope they can snatch a goal or two from planned routines. Nothin is done off the cuff any more.

Yesterday on the radio, Slade was talking about how Crawley have scored 8 goals "in transition". I don't even know what that means.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 118
Grimbiggs
October 15, 2017, 3:01pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / -4
Approval: +685
Quoted from ginnywings
Listening to the Brighton game while working in my workshop and it is very dull with a subdued crowd and no goals. Maybe this is just the way football is going and only the very top sides will play with any flair because they have the best players. Even Man Utd with all their millions played a very poor game yesterday apparently and have been roundly criticised for being negative.

Athleticism and organisation is killing the game. For top clubs, staying in the Prem is the be all and end all and at our level, staying in the league is the same. Managers go out with a must not lose attitude and hope they can snatch a goal or two from planned routines. Nothin is done off the cuff any more.

Yesterday on the radio, Slade was talking about how Crawley have scored 8 goals "in transition". I don't even know what that means.

Simply put, breakaway goals, after the opposition loses possession.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 118
KingstonMariner
October 15, 2017, 3:53pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Kinell. Even football is going down the Management BS route. Transition FFS!

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 118
Madeleymariner
October 15, 2017, 4:40pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
Just watched extended highlights wow a missed pen and one proper save from both keepers, glad I didn't have to do the 90mins
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 118
barralad
October 15, 2017, 5:00pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
I watched the Goals Rush programme on Channel 5 this morning and I know it is only the goals but the vast majority of them were part of a recognisable attacking intent with forwards seemingly shooting on sight. Stevenage were poor but Luton fans must think they've died and gone to heaven. Certainly yesterday neither us or Crawley showed any sustained "attacking intent"

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 118
blundellpork
October 15, 2017, 10:01pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,655
Gold Stars: 32
Quoted from ginnywings

Can't say I noticed any of their players wearing dresses.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 118
friskneymariner
October 15, 2017, 10:30pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
In this age of non binary gender fluidity we may all be wearing dresses.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 118
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.