12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Tommy
October 14, 2017, 10:38pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,859
Gold Stars: 76
Another dull home game with next to no quality.

Very frustrating to watch and it's not in the least bit entertaining. As someone else posted earlier, I could accept draws, even 0-0 draws at home, if we were trying to play football or creating chances.....but we're not.

I could also accept us having a direct style if we were efficient and any good at it. But we're not and don't really have the players for it.

We don't pass the ball through midfield. Summerfield tries to make himself available for defenders to give him the ball but they ignore him and punt it high into the channel. Nathan Clarke I think passed the ball forward to feet once that I remember.

Countless times Davies gets the ball and Dembele down the line wants the ball. Dembele has a man behind him but he's perfectly capable of receiving the ball with pressure behind him. Just pass him the ball.

Throw ins. We are shocking from throw-ins. I don't just mean our long-throws from Clarke that we do nothing other than get counter-attacked on. But just general throw ins. Again, we seem reluctant to throw it to someone if they've got a man within 10 yards of him. Just throw it to his safe side or to his feet and get it back. Simple. All we do is chuck it down the line to Vernon or Matt, both of whom win little in the air.

Thought Crawley were alright and played out from the back well. They just didnt have anything in the final third. They played more football than us but we had a couple of half chances and then obviously the penalty, so should have won really despite a poor performance.

We have little movement off the ball when we're in possession. Centre forwards are static and reactive rather than on the move. Summerfield always tries to get on the ball and move it forward quickly but Berrett often appears to hide and is happy for players to punt it long rather than give it to him in midfield.

We're so one-paced and have no chance to break quickly if we win the ball because only Dembele in the team today has an ounce of pace. He's still very inconsistent with his decision making but is at least trying to make things happen.

Jones was a bit selfish with his decision making today but again he's at least trying to make things happen and probably recognises that he's probably the only one with the quality to really make a difference.

Vernon wasn't very good today. Flagged offside a lot and too slow to move the ball on. Takes 3/4 touches to move it on when 1/2 should be enough. I've seen posts saying Matt doesn't jump for Headers but Vernon doesn't either - tries to hold his man off and let it drop in front of him, but the defender can often just get up over him and head it.

Woolford seems a fairly intelligent footballer but this was another game where he's done nothing. And Jaiyesimi must be wandering what he's got to do to get some time on the pitch.

But apart from that we're doing alright  

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 118
arryarryarry
October 14, 2017, 10:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
I thought we were garbage. Vernon & Woolford both a waste of space, how Woolford keeps out young DJ is beyond me.

As for the match sponsors they must have been on drugs or taking the urine with Berrett as motm.

Hooper & Matt were awful when they came on and God only knows what Slade was thinking.

Dixon is probably the worst left back we have had in a long while.

Crap players and crap manager sums it up for me.
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 118
MuddyWaters
October 14, 2017, 10:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,882
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from arryarryarry
I thought we were garbage. Vernon & Woolford both a waste of space, how Woolford keeps out young DJ is beyond me.

As for the match sponsors they must have been on drugs or taking the urine with Berrett as motm.

Hooper & Matt were awful when they came on and God only knows what Slade was thinking.

Dixon is probably the worst left back we have had in a long while.

Crap players and crap manager sums it up for me.

I get why Berrett was MOTM - it was between him, Dembele and DC for me. He isn't going to bomb on and he won more tackles and headers than anyone else today. Perhaps that shows how poor we were.
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 118
arryarryarry
October 14, 2017, 11:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I get why Berrett was MOTM - it was between him, Dembele and DC for me. He isn't going to bomb on and he won more tackles and headers than anyone else today. Perhaps that shows how poor we were.

I can't remember Berrett having much involment in the second half at all.
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 118
lukeo
October 15, 2017, 5:58am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 133
It's tough because realistically our position in the league is what I expected but by the sounds of it the way we are playing is dreadful. I'll be going on Tuesday to my second game of the season. I think, like I've said before, it's not out results people are concerned about its the lack of effort or style we play. People are bored and fed up with watching the ball being kicked high and long to no-one or just passed 2 yards side ways.. We've got enough players capable and knocking the ball around and going for the opposition so just give it a go. I'd rather us try and entertain and finish just below mid table than be boring as hell and finish around the middle.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 118
Maringer
October 15, 2017, 7:26am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
There's no lack of effort. Lots of huff and puff from everyone, just not achieving much at present.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 118
Mrs Doyle
October 15, 2017, 7:27am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
I like Woolford but by hell the guy looked red faced and totally copulated half way through second half not sure he as ninety minutes in him especially with both D.B. and Tombola sat on the bench.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 118
Mrs Doyle
October 15, 2017, 7:47am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from 140067
My mate Robin said "it's the choir that can't sing", I asked if they sign thinking it was a choir for the deaf. He said "no they can't sing", so i asked if they mime. "No they go for fun but they are not singers", Once the conversation went to sewing machines he gave up and told me to watch the kids playing football. Finishing with saying "you are odd !"

Felt so for that huge choir the sound/mixing system was absolute crap even though they were in the best acoustic corner in the ground.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 118
Cloudy
October 15, 2017, 9:33am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
I like Woolford but by hell the guy looked red faced and totally copulated half way through second half not sure he as ninety minutes in him especially with both D.B. and Tombola sat on the bench.

Neither were on the bench were they? Boylen was certainly in the Upper Findus

Private Message
Reply: 98 - 118
golfer
October 15, 2017, 10:36am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,374
Gold Stars: 111
Agreed more or less word for word on the summing up by Tommy and would add that Clark should be replaced by Osborne and Bolly on left wing
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 118
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.