mariner tommy
October 14, 2017, 6:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,870
Gold Stars: 12
Oh dear, that was truly awful.
I'm struggling to think of anyone who had a half decent game. The first half was slightly better than the second but the only real chances were from Dembele and a couple of half chances from Jones but that was it, and the second half was probably the worst I've seen this season. But we still should've taken three points if not for Jones' awful penalty.
How they can award a man of the match award today baffles me.
The only positive I can find is that we've not lost and only lost once in the league in seven games.
And the referee today was truly awful.
UTM

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 118
moosey_club
October 14, 2017, 6:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from heppy88

Having a season ticket feels like a ball and chain this season.
!

You will be looking forward to the already promised price hike for renewing it next season then  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 118
Maringer
October 14, 2017, 6:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,487
Gold Stars: 185
One notable difference between us and them today was the set pieces. We still tend to chip ours into the box or hit the first man as often as not. They, on the other hand put some really dangerous deliveries into our box (which we defended pretty well, truth be told).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 118
ginnywings
October 14, 2017, 6:04pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,109
Gold Stars: 548
On reflection, it was such a poor game that both sides should be deducted the 1 point, so they both lost.  

That was anti-football.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 118
RichMariner
October 14, 2017, 6:12pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,132
Gold Stars: 209
I've missed the last two home games and, right now, I'm struggling to see why I should return (considering I've saved £36 on tickets and another £50 on petrol).

I mean, I will return, because Town is my team and I'll need a football fix before too long, but I don't really want to return if the last two games are anything to go by. I'm not prepared to spunk my money on us lumping 60 yard balls into the channels for 90 minutes.

Even when there were four goals in the match against Colchester, I remember fans saying it was still awful.

I felt nothing when Bignot was sacked. I felt nothing when Slade was appointed and now, 13 games into the season, I feel even less than nothing.

Don't want us to get relegated, obviously, but if we're just going to play long ball, squeeze the life out of games and finish 14th then, really, I'm wondering why I should give the club my money for that.

If Clifton was in the middle, or I saw a plan, or a team gelling, fighting for each other, proper team spirit - and not just a bunch of journeymen jogging around doing as little as they can to pick up enough points to be mid-table - then that might tempt me back.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 24 - 118
moosey_club
October 14, 2017, 6:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from RichMariner
I've missed the last two home games and, right now, I'm struggling to see why I should return (considering I've saved £36 on tickets and another £50 on petrol).

I mean, I will return, because Town is my team and I'll need a football fix before too long, but I don't really want to return if the last two games are anything to go by. I'm not prepared to spunk my money on us lumping 60 yard balls into the channels for 90 minutes.

Even when there were four goals in the match against Colchester, I remember fans saying it was still awful.

I felt nothing when Bignot was sacked. I felt nothing when Slade was appointed and now, 13 games into the season, I feel even less than nothing.

Don't want us to get relegated, obviously, but if we're just going to play long ball, squeeze the life out of games and finish 14th then, really, I'm wondering why I should give the club my money for that.

If Clifton was in the middle, or I saw a plan or a team gelling, fighting for each other, proper team spirit - and not just a bunch of journeymen jogging around doing as little as they can to pick up enough points to be mid-table - then that might tempt me back.

We didnt play long ball for the first 45 mins today....only as the game progressed did we start to go a bit longer...the occasional channel or longer ball but in the main it was on the deck to feet....although it was neat it wasnt particularly exciting as it was slow paced.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 118
MuddyWaters
October 14, 2017, 6:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Still can't work out the following:

Why Berrett isn't taking corners because, when he did, they were OK?
Why Ben Davies isn't taking penalties?
Why Clarke has to take the long throws, because he should be heading them on?
Why we signed Matt?
Why we signed Hooper (and a few others)?
Why we sacked Bignot and why we appointed Slade?

and finally, why did I buy a season ticket?
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 118
Gaffer58
October 14, 2017, 6:18pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
Couldn't make today, sounds like I missed an awful display, oh wait, saw one of those in the last three home games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 118
MuddyWaters
October 14, 2017, 6:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from moosey_club

We didnt play long ball for the first 45 mins today....only as the game progressed did we start to go a bit longer...the occasional channel or longer ball but in the main it was on the deck to feet....although it was neat it wasnt particularly exciting as it was slow paced.

We looked OK in the first half - Berrett & Summerfield looked OK but Summerfield 2016/7 came out for the second half.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 118
golfer
October 14, 2017, 6:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 115
We will have to admit that our players aren't very good. You can't really blame them-they try their hardest so we have to look elsewhere for the reasons for our abysmal performances. Do they seem fit-to me they look knackered second halves yet we have a fitness coach. Who decides the tactics-who signed the players this summer-who picks the team-who decides which substitutes to use------No need to answer.   That was one of the most boring matches other than England that I have ever seen----I went for a wee at half time and I was the only one in there---everybody else had gone while the match was on
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 118
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.