denni266
October 14, 2017, 8:55pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.82
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +635
Gold Stars: 129
Quoted from 1739
Does anyone know whether locking a fire exit with a chain and padlock is against the law?

A fire or emergency exit is there for a reason, and should not be locked and chained at any time. i think the  HSE would have some strong words about that if it where true
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 118
TheRealJohnLewis
October 14, 2017, 9:01pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from IlkleyMariner

Think this Sladeball thing is overstated. However, yes, we have to stay up this season, and if it means another 33 games of less than exiting watching, so be it.

Next year is another matter altogether, as unacceptable performances must be punished. Anybody remember Rome?

BULL crap, we had a manager and non-chairman talking about promotion, I expect us to be challenging or look like we could be challenging.

Private Message
Reply: 71 - 118
itsnotcoditshaddock
October 14, 2017, 9:01pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +312
Quoted from denni266

A fire or emergency exit is there for a reason, and should not be locked and chained at any time. i think the  HSE would have some strong words about that if it where true

I would imagine it depends on risk assessment and whether other fire exits are available.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 118
moosey_club
October 14, 2017, 9:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
Well if you think this is bad, you could always go and watch Arsenal whose fans slate them every time they don't win by a mile.
Think their season ticket is over £1000 too

Was at a wake on Weds and was talking to a couple of old friends...one a Bradford ST Holder  £150....one a Man City ST Holder £300....they both nearly choked when i told them how much ours were.......and a promised increase next season.  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 118
barralad
October 14, 2017, 9:02pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Meza
For those that went i'm sure there is some positive stuff.  Every just back thread these days (and not just because its slade) doesn't have 1 bit of positivity.  Surely in 90 mins of football it isn't all negative.  I get people are saying its boring but you dont have to just talk about the negatives, surely we need balance views.  

I'm not known for my negativity (I hope) but the only positives from today as a whole were a great al fresco breakfast on the seafront and the fact that it wasn't cold in the Pontoon.  I honestly cannot remember any passage of play other than the run Jones went on to win his penalty. Truly dire fare.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 118
lee65
October 14, 2017, 9:05pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,450
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from chaos33
We are solidly mid table in League 2 are we not? Only lost once in 5 games....
I didn't go today. I went to York races. Had a great day. A rare child free weekend day.

We are in the football league. Our manager has a 'style' and our budget is average at very best. Do something else. Get on with some other stuff rather than go to BP if it's boring. Life is short and opportunities to enjoy yourself are rare indeed (especially if you've  got young kids and a demanding job).

The upshot is - it's ok to be 'middling' in L2 in a sense. It's much better than being in the conference - I never lose sight of that, BUT.... if I was running the club, I shouldn't be surprised if many people don't want to pay a lot of money on a Saturday to sit through 90 minutes of something that makes them frustrated and miserable.

Very well put Chaos, as without a major cash input the best we are likely to be in the current football money based climate is somewhere between mid leagues 2 and 1. Yes, win one well, lose one may be more entertaining, but consolidation at any cost is better than slipping out of the league again as I'm not sure we would get back in six years next time  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 118
lee65
October 14, 2017, 9:07pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,450
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from moosey_club

Was at a wake on Weds and was talking to a couple of old friends...one a Bradford ST Holder  £150....one a Man City ST Holder £300....they both nearly choked when i told them how much ours were.......and a promised increase next season.  

I recall that Bradford have always offered good value for ST's, but that's pretty impressive for Man City
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 118
MuddyWaters
October 14, 2017, 9:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from chaos33
We are solidly mid table in League 2 are we not? Only lost once in 5 games....
I didn't go today. I went to York races. Had a great day. A rare child free weekend day.

We are in the football league. Our manager has a 'style' and our budget is average at very best. Do something else. Get on with some other stuff rather than go to BP if it's boring. Life is short and opportunities to enjoy yourself are rare indeed (especially if you've  got young kids and a demanding job).

The upshot is - it's ok to be 'middling' in L2 in a sense. It's much better than being in the conference - I never lose sight of that, BUT.... if I was running the club, I shouldn't be surprised if many people don't want to pay a lot of money on a Saturday to sit through 90 minutes of something that makes them frustrated and miserable.

Pleased you had a good day. I had a lovely morning playing golf in great weather with good friends then went to watch another mind-numbing display from a team that is sent out to frustrate not entertain. New stadium will be utterly pointless at this rate - might as well stay where we are because that football is worthy of a shithole like Blundell Park not a venue with any class. Today's football had the Fenty era written all over it - low-cost, bargain basement fare with little or no prospect of improvement.
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 118
moosey_club
October 14, 2017, 9:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from lee65

I recall that Bradford have always offered good value for ST's, but that's pretty impressive for Man City

i did respond by saying... thats all well and good but where is the fun in going home disappointed if your team doesnt score more than 3 or 4 goals every week  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 118
IlkleyMariner
October 14, 2017, 9:17pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +2,872
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

BULL crap, we had a manager and non-chairman talking about promotion, I expect us to be challenging or look like we could be challenging.

We have had the media and English press talking about England winning the World Cup for the last 50 years, but what does that prove?

There are two teams in every game. There is no Devine right for GTFC to win. Get real.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 118
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.