Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Mariners Trust letter to Stevenage F.C.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 11 Guests

Mariners Trust letter to Stevenage F.C.

This thread currently has 27,546 views. Print
15 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
EY Mariner
August 21, 2017, 6:43pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +865
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Perkins

Looks like a pathetic attempt to defend the indefensible. We must not let them get away with it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 145
TownSNAFU5
August 21, 2017, 7:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,760
Gold Stars: 41
What would have happened with the stewards if one of our female fans went to the game braless?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 145
ginnywings
August 21, 2017, 7:44pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.06
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,952
Gold Stars: 531
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
What would have happened with the stewards if one of our female fans went to the game braless?

Arrested for indecent exposure and sent to the colonies.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 145
marinernige
August 21, 2017, 7:46pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +578
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from EY Mariner

Looks like a pathetic attempt to defend the indefensible. We must not let them get away with it.

Totally agree , this must be pursued , until the truth is told(including from our own safety officer)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 145
pontoonlew
August 21, 2017, 8:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,703
Gold Stars: 162
The statement is balderdash. The stuff about searches happened and the toilet stuff happened. In fact the reaction by the fans was a credit to them, I was stood outside the toilets (I wasn't allowed on the terrace with my chips) One female steward alongside 4 male stewards antagonised fans throughout when she was asked to leave. It was only when the fans asked for the police that it sorted itself out and the stewards were told to leave.

In the second half the same group of stewards kicked off as they were told they were stood in the way of the game. Police called and stewards taken away, AGAIN. Not a single fan that I saw had to be dealt with by the police.

What's worse is, our idiots weren't even present at the game. I visited 3 pubs before hand, all mixed fans in there, all absolutely fine with not even a hint of hostility. Stevenage had planned for a riot and when it didn't happen, decided to try to cause one themselves.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 145
KingstonMariner
August 21, 2017, 8:52pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.13
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Heartening to read the thread on the Imps board. Maybe they can catch our protest bug (another symptom of Grimsbyitis   ) and run a Bras at Broadhall theme for their next (League) away day.

On a more serious note, I disagree with Jock and others who say JF shouldn't get involved. Personally I think he should be picking up the phone to his opposite numbers at other clubs (especially those ones we'll be visiting in the near future and pointing out the truth (e.g. link to that Chesterfield newspaper report on Derbyshire Police's economy with the truth). We've already seen those untruths used once to justify an over zealous 'security measures'.

Until enough people in control of football know the truth, the same thing will keep happening.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 145
crusty ole pie
August 21, 2017, 8:59pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,294
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Heartening to read the thread on the Imps board. Maybe they can catch our protest bug (another symptom of Grimsbyitis   ) and run a Bras at Broadhall theme for their next (League) away day.

On a more serious note, I disagree with Jock and others who say JF shouldn't get involved. Personally I think he should be picking up the phone to his opposite numbers at other clubs (especially those ones we'll be visiting in the near future and pointing out the truth (e.g. link to that Chesterfield newspaper report on Derbyshire Police's economy with the truth). We've already seen those untruths used once to justify an over zealous 'security measures'.

Until enough people in control of football know the truth, the same thing will keep happening.

Could not agree more
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 145
Gaffer58
August 21, 2017, 9:08pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,032
Gold Stars: 31
I thought we had a general election last year and no matter about the result we did not vote for a police state, but it seems they can make statements at Chesterfield that tars our support, this is how Hillsborough started, police covering up their errors. Let's have answers please, but if the Coventry debacle is anything to go by it will all be chip paper by Wednesday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 145
KingstonMariner
August 21, 2017, 9:43pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.13
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Gaffer58
I thought we had a general election last year and no matter about the result we did not vote for a police state, but it seems they can make statements at Chesterfield that tars our support, this is how Hillsborough started, police covering up their errors. Let's have answers please, but if the Coventry debacle is anything to go by it will all be chip paper by Wednesday.

Indeed. That's why we need to keep asking questions about the Coventry shenanigans.

Might seem a long stretch from bad stewarding to a real tragedy, but once lies get passed around by the authorities and accepted as Gospel wrong decisions get taken.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 145
marinernige
August 21, 2017, 9:54pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +578
Gold Stars: 17
The anger at the treatment of genuine law abiding town fans has been building for some time now and Stevenage was the straw that broke the camels back. We're all sick of being treat like hooligans/2nd class citizens. It's also time the club started acknowledging the fact that the overwhelming majority of us are well behaved folks who just want to follow the club we love.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 145
15 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Mariners Trust letter to Stevenage F.C.

Thread Rating

There have been 1 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.