14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
malkamalka
April 12, 2017, 10:38am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +148
Gold Stars: 17
The rest of this season an next I'd suggest. Thoughtful answers, a bit different to what we've become accustomed to

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 135
Bignic69
April 12, 2017, 10:38am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +540
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from ginnywings

I bet we would have finished higher next season with MB but we'll never know now.

That's one bet I wouldn't be making. Relegation scrap methinks

Back of the net
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 135
lew chaterleys lover
April 12, 2017, 10:39am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from ginnywings
Should have appointed him 8 years ago, so when Fenty said to him he couldn't be more pleased at the end of the press conference, i thought it was all about righting wrongs and trying to re-live the past. I didn't like Hurst and i don't like Slade, so it's a sad day for me. There i said it.

It's funny how we like or don't like individuals isn't it? That's what it is about really - the fact that they are football managers is almost a side issue.

I never took to Bignot and yet I like both Hurst and Slade. I certainly am very happy with these two experienced people at the helm, who have connections with the club from the past who will give us a real competitive edge. As always you pays your money and takes your choice!
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 135
Perkins
April 12, 2017, 10:40am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from Tangerine Chris
Why are they not saying how long his contract is?

Is it any of our business?, its probably so we wont know how much compo the club has to pay him when Fenty sacks him halfway through next season.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 135
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
April 12, 2017, 10:42am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Nice to have Wilkie back.

Whenever I see him I can't help remembering Dave Booth looking at a 17 year old Paul in a junior or a reserve  game before he broke through into the first team and saying that Wilkie running was like a new born foal.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 135
ginnywings
April 12, 2017, 10:43am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,119
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Perkins

Is it any of our business?, its probably so we wont know how much compo the club has to pay him when Fenty sacks him halfway through next season.

I would say it is our business, yes. Is he here for the long haul (whatever that is nowadays) or is he here to guide Wilko into the job? Will he be in charge next season and will he be seen as someone to develop the future of the club, with the youth set up and other stuff?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 135
dapperz fun pub
April 12, 2017, 10:47am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from ginnywings

I would say it is our business, yes. Is he here for the long haul (whatever that is nowadays) or is he here to guide Wilko into the job? Will he be in charge next season and will he be seen as someone to develop the future of the club, with the youth set up and other stuff?

We must be the only club in the country who's fans have no idea what sort of contract their manager as , i think its a rolling week one
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 135
Perkins
April 12, 2017, 10:49am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from ginnywings

Think you have hit the nail on the head there, when Slade eventually gets the bullet, (because he will, they all do)  Wilko will be already here to step up.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 135
gtfc82
April 12, 2017, 10:49am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +616
Quoted from RoboCod

Questions like "What's your plans for the club after todays Play Off Final Russ?" you mean?

FFS when are people going to get over that?!!!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 135
TheRealJohnLewis
April 12, 2017, 10:51am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
We are now the laughing stock of the football league!
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 135
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Slade and Wilkinson - confirmed

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.