Bignic69
April 12, 2017, 2:06pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +540
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Paris Mariner

Well said Big Al, I don't think he will and believe that was his downfall the last time he was here. All the better footballing sides that season swept us aside with ease.

We did play hoofball under slade but I recall his Yeovil and Orient teams not being bad footballing sides and scoring a fair few goals.

Back of the net
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 135
gtfc82
April 12, 2017, 2:07pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +616
Quoted from TAGG
Now I've stopped being sick I will have my 10 pence worth.

I have not said anything about Fenty all season but the amnesty is over.
This is another excrement appointment by Fenty who has made no end of excrement decisions in the name of our club..
FFS man why didn't you take your time and get some advice from people who actually know about football.
This is a backward step for our club.
How the intercourse Slade gets job after job I'm copulated if I know.
Funnily enough I'm doing job interviews tomorrow and if someone who comes for a job tells me they have been sacked 9 times (for being incompetent at his job) in the last 10 years including twice in the last 8 months I would think the bloke has a flipping cheek to even apply.

Fenty your an idiot and Slade your excrement.

Apart from that I will be there Friday and renewing my ST to support the team no the MSH or the fat twit in the hat.
UTM

Utter drivel!
Took over here after we'd been relegated twice in a row and built up a promotion challenging side. Did we get anywhere near that after he left?
Took a unfancied Yeovil and Leyton Orient sides to the play off final in League One. Look where they are now, especially Leyton Orient. Haven't they thrived since he left them?!!!!
Took over at Brighton when they were staring relegation in the face, and kept them up.
Maybe this is why he gets jobs.
How can he have been sacked 9 times if we're his 9th managerial appointment?
Also, how do you feel about Paul Wilkinson being back as Slade's assistant?
It's highly unlikely that a club like Town will get a manager who has never been sacked!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 135
Paris Mariner
April 12, 2017, 2:08pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Quoted from LH

Alternatively he's got a longer contract because Fenty is more sure of Slade being a more competent manager than Hurst or Bignot because of his longer CV.

His longer, promotionless and trophyless CV. Both Bignot and Hurst can boast promotions

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 102 - 135
Paris Mariner
April 12, 2017, 2:09pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Quoted from gtfc82

Utter drivel!
Took over here after we'd been relegated twice in a row and built up a promotion challenging side. Did we get anywhere near that after he left?
Took a unfancied Yeovil and Leyton Orient sides to the play off final in League One. Look where they are now, especially Leyton Orient. Haven't they thrived since he left them?!!!!
Took over at Brighton when they were staring relegation in the face, and kept them up.
Maybe this is why he gets jobs.
How can he have been sacked 9 times if we're his 9th managerial appointment?
Also, how do you feel about Paul Wilkinson being back as Slade's assistant?

Uninspiring - he was ousted from Norwich for being archaic.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 103 - 135
MuddyWaters
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230

His longer, promotionless and trophyless CV. Both Bignot and Hurst can boast promotions

In the non league of course!
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 135
RoboCod
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from FishGY

Mathematically we can't go down now so we won't be playing at Sincil Bank next season?

Problem is, there's a bunch of players set on nothing else but Lincolns promotion, who will fight to the end, go through the pain barrier and give everything to ensure Lincoln go up.

They play for Forest Green and Tranmere

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 135
Tommy
April 12, 2017, 2:12pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,859
Gold Stars: 76

How do you know this Paris?

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 135
gtfc82
April 12, 2017, 2:14pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +616

According to who?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 135
mariner91
April 12, 2017, 2:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,249
Gold Stars: 253

Bignot got promoted from a semi-professional league at the fifth time of asking. Yes it's an achievement but let's not pretend it's on a par with getting clubs the size of Yeovil or Orient in to the league one play offs. The gulf in quality between the NL and the NL north is huge and the gap from the NL to the FL is equally as big. And so it proved for MB.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 135
Perkins
April 12, 2017, 2:58pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,964
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from TAGG
Now I've stopped being sick I will have my 10 pence worth.

I have not said anything about Fenty all season but the amnesty is over.
This is another excrement appointment by Fenty who has made no end of excrement decisions in the name of our club..
FFS man why didn't you take your time and get some advice from people who actually know about football.
This is a backward step for our club.
How the intercourse Slade gets job after job I'm copulated if I know.
Funnily enough I'm doing job interviews tomorrow and if someone who comes for a job tells me they have been sacked 9 times (for being incompetent at his job) in the last 10 years including twice in the last 8 months I would think the bloke has a flipping cheek to even apply.

Fenty your an idiot and Slade your excrement.

Crap, im not particularly a Slade fan myself but he's here, get over it. I don't think Slade has been sacked 9 times for being incompetent, on some occasions he has left of his own free will,. Its obvious you are a manager or an employer with pre-conceived ideas so i'm bloody pleased your not interviewing me tomorrow, (Too old anyway). Someones incompetence is nearly always due to poor management skills and/or lack of support from their Employer. Good luck to everyone being interviewed by Tagg tomorrow. You are  going to need it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 135
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Slade and Wilkinson - confirmed

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.