April 12, 2017, 11:02am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
Regarding the length of his contract

Fenty when appointing Marcus said 6 month rolling contracts are the future,

So I expect Slade to be on that which means every morning he wakes up he has 6 months left on his contract.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 135
grimsby pete
April 12, 2017, 11:04am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
Forgot to say really pleased with the appointment and its great having Paul back at the club.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 135
TheRealJohnLewis
April 12, 2017, 11:09am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Slade divides opinion more than Thatcher and Marmite combined!

Poor backwards looking appointment.
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 135
jock dock tower
April 12, 2017, 11:09am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Whatever folk think about whether it was right to (a) sack Marcus Bignot, or (b) bring in the pairing we now have we do have to realiSe that football is, sadly, a results driven game and that whilst managers are just custodians of the club for a short while it's the fans that keep it going. It's therefore imperative that the fans of the clib as a whole get right behind the new team and get some momentum going again. Onwards and upwards. UTFM.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 135
ginnywings
April 12, 2017, 11:10am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,108
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from RonMariner
We have just appointed a guy who was L1 manager of the year twice, and finished 8th in the Championship a year ago. He is assisted by a true GTFC legend, a local lad who loves the club.

I think we will be more likely to challenge for promotion next season than if MB remained in charge.

League 1 manager of the year twice, yet didn't get his team promoted either time. Just for balance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 135
GrimRob
April 12, 2017, 11:13am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
5 games to end the season on a high after weeks of baffling chaotic team selections!

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 55 - 135
ginnywings
April 12, 2017, 11:16am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,108
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from jock dock tower
Whatever folk think about whether it was right to (a) sack Marcus Bignot, or (b) bring in the pairing we now have we do have to realiSe that football is, sadly, a results driven game and that whilst managers are just custodians of the club for a short while it's the fans that keep it going. It's therefore imperative that the fans of the clib as a whole get right behind the new team and get some momentum going again. Onwards and upwards. UTFM.

He comes with a clean slate, so although i'm not thrilled with the appointment, he will get my backing 100%. Spoke to those i attend games with and they all feel a bit Meh! about Slade but all feel the same about it being a new dawn and will judge accordingly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 135
GTFC_85
April 12, 2017, 11:18am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +252
Gold Stars: 3
It is what it is. On a positive note, with him at the helm last time we had some decent players and a bloody good squad that he worked with, Rob Jones, Whittle, Gary Jones, Reddy, Woodhouse, JP, Parkinson. It was the closest we ever got to league 1 in nearly 10 years. We beat Spurs and Wigan that year and had a decent go at Newcastle. There will be alot of miffed supporters that do not forgive the way he left, but he was a young manager in the FL for the first time, and like most young managers they want to challenge themselves. I just hope it was naivety at the time. He returns to us with a lot more experience and some of the best fans in the country
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 135
RichMariner
April 12, 2017, 11:36am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,132
Gold Stars: 209
It's a solid appointment. Plenty of experience between Slade and Wilko.

I can understand why a section of our support isn't inspired or excited by it, but I think they'll bring stability. When you think of the difference in experience between Bignot and Slade, you'd say we're in safer hands next season.

Hopefully we'll get a bit more organisation and consistency in both our line-ups and tactics, so we can enjoy supporting a team again.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 58 - 135
promotion plaice
April 12, 2017, 11:39am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197

He gets my backing 100%

Great to see Wilko back as well.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 135
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Slade and Wilkinson - confirmed

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.