14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
golfer
April 12, 2017, 12:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,419
Gold Stars: 115
Come December I bet Fenty wont be singing " Merry Xmas Everybody"-more like Chicago's " Where do we go from here" or "Everybody told me so"--but it could be "The only way is down. You're out of luck-you're out of tme,get out of here"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 135
lew chaterleys lover
April 12, 2017, 12:18pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,653
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from lancspontooner
I feel sorry for Marcus. You could put a good case that he should have been given more time into autumn but some of those beatings we took pointed to far deeper issues than just trying out some of the fringe squad players. He will be waking up in a cold sweat thinking about his team selection and set-up for that Doncaster game. But he'll get over it and hopefully come back stronger. He needs to work on articulating his views clearly and concisely because if I had a boss who blathered like that it would affect my confidence and performance.

As for Slade, he wouldn't have been my first choice but I could certainly see him leading us in League 1 rather than the League 2 relegation battle I was expecting with Marcus next season. I would have preferred someone like Adkins who didn't bring that baggage from the past which is going to upset some people. Town fans have long memories and having been there in Cardiff that day I couldn't have imagined letting Slade back into the club.

We are where we are though and realistically I'm more positive about next season than I was. Wilko being back is a real plus and hopefully he can help develop the forward line. We have trawled non-league for our buys this season and Sam Jones and Jamey Osborne are excellent additions. Hopefully Russ and Paul will have the contacts to bring in some more league players for next season.

This is a big period for the club with a new ground potentially coming fairly soon. Slade is a safer bet to retain our league status and push on. That was probably in Fenty's thinking when he walked out of the BP shaking his head on April 1st along with the rest of us.

I agree with the majority of what you say but even Adkins would have had some opposition from some quarters because of the Scunthorpe connection. You cannot please everyone thats for sure, but I think on balance Slade and Wilkinson give us hope for next season.
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 135
Madeleymariner
April 12, 2017, 12:19pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,047
Gold Stars: 49
Slade can do one as far as I'm concerned
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 135
big al
April 12, 2017, 12:25pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +740
No one seems to be reflecting on the type of football that might be played now. Football is results driven but not, for me, at any cost. At our best Town have always been a true footballing side - if that matters, will Slade deliver?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 135
lew chaterleys lover
April 12, 2017, 12:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,653
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from big al
No one seems to be reflecting on the type of football that might be played now. Football is results driven but not, for me, at any cost. At our best Town have always been a true footballing side - if that matters, will Slade deliver?

He will if he thinks we have the players to play that way, yes.
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 135
Les Brechin
April 12, 2017, 12:45pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,688
Gold Stars: 174
Here's hoping that Slade's half-time team talk at Sincil Bank next season will be a bit more private.  

OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 135
headingly_mariner
April 12, 2017, 12:52pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,320
Gold Stars: 113
Humberside have an interview with Fenty were he talks about slade. He also talks about  Bignot's departure and how he'd been worried since January. Top new Fentyisms as well "barking up a gumtree" and "tintalates the buds" he popped a few old favourites in as well 😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 135
ginnywings
April 12, 2017, 12:59pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Humberside have an interview with Fenty were he talks about slade. He also talks about  Bignot's departure and how he'd been worried since January. Top new Fentyisms as well "barking up a gumtree" and "tintalates the buds" he popped a few old favourites in as well 😂

Yeah, just listened and have some new balls for Fenty bingo. Two new classics.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 135
TAGG
April 12, 2017, 1:10pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,967
Gold Stars: 123
Now I've stopped being sick I will have my 10 pence worth.

I have not said anything about Fenty all season but the amnesty is over.
This is another excrement appointment by Fenty who has made no end of excrement decisions in the name of our club..
FFS man why didn't you take your time and get some advice from people who actually know about football.
This is a backward step for our club.
How the intercourse Slade gets job after job I'm copulated if I know.
Funnily enough I'm doing job interviews tomorrow and if someone who comes for a job tells me they have been sacked 9 times (for being incompetent at his job) in the last 10 years including twice in the last 8 months I would think the bloke has a flipping cheek to even apply.

Fenty your an idiot and Slade your excrement.

Apart from that I will be there Friday and renewing my ST to support the team no the MSH or the fat twit in the hat.
UTM

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 135
Garth
April 12, 2017, 1:18pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Nice to have Wilkie back.

Whenever I see him I can't help remembering Dave Booth looking at a 17 year old Paul in a junior or a reserve  game before he broke through into the first team and saying that Wilkie running was like a new born foal.

First time I saw him in the first team I said to my lad "He will never make a footballer as long as he`s got a hole in his rrs"   what do I know  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 135
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Slade and Wilkinson - confirmed

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.