Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bignot sacked
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 112 Guests

Bignot sacked

This thread currently has 51,050 views. Print
29 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Jaws
April 10, 2017, 4:33pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
While we're demanding explanations, let's have one for Rob Scott as well while we're at it.
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 287
Bradford Mariner
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +88
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from MarinersOnTheUp
Absolutely disgusted with this desicions and I'm honestly embarrassed to be a GTFC fan seeing this.

Sacking managers doesn't achieve anything unless there is a serious danger of relegation.

I believe in football that consistency is key, part of our demise was too many changes in management.

Chopping and changing management starts a dangerous cycle of sacking, poor appointment, sacking and anybdecent manager will not want to come to a club with a trigger happy board.

What a ridiculous desicion. I was feeling positive about next season despite recent inconsistent performances and results and thought MB had signed some exciting players.

All the best to Marcus and his management team.  

Agree with this 100%.

Completely ridiculous decision.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 287
bradzmilne
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,401
Gold Stars: 29
Absolutely painful.

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 287
ginnywings

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from BPMariner
Totally the right decision IMHO. Bignot was out of his depth. Just need the right decision now.

I don't agree that it was the right decision from a football perspective because we were doing ok IMO, but rumours have been doing the rounds for a while that all is not well behind the scenes and MB was dividing opinion strongly among the fans and maybe the players too. There has to be more to this than results as the remit was to establish ourselves in the league this year and not flirt with relegation, which we have done comfortably. The truth will out eventually i'm sure.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 287
devs
April 10, 2017, 4:35pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 30
I will be surprised if this is nothing other than the collective weight of 5 months results, contradictory interviews, lack of clarity etc etc
People (fans, players and directors) don't like that feeling of 'where the hell is this taking us'?

There is this niggling feeling that he is out of his depth (could explain the big clown act) and with 5 games to go, delicate contract talks, a summer pre-season, money to spend etc (do we think Gunning was a good buy?) can we afford to see how it unfolds??

Seems harsh in many ways but I think it's the right decision in what is a very harsh industry

I actually think we have some very good players who are being asked to play in a very strange way - a 'proper' manager might bring the best out in them?

Having said all the above...something's kicked off!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 287
Mrs Doyle
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
WTF  Unbelievable.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 287
hampshiremariner
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,056
Gold Stars: 35
I was surprised that he got the job when Hurst went. Marcus who? A mate of mine who knows Bignot from his Crewe days said he he was OK. However, it seemed strange to go with someone who was managing in the Conference. He probably brought Conference attitudes. It is a crap league and we need to be looking upwards with someone who knows L2 and has managed at that level (at least). BUT I was never a Russell Slade fan either and believe he played his part in the decline of the club into the Conference. The 2006 Play-Off final was a disaster with speculation about Slade's future getting in the way of the match preparations. I don't think we had ever lost to Cheltenham before that game and the defeat send us into a spiral of decline.
Let's hope we get a new manager who is up to the job, can spend wisely and has good contacts in the FL to get some decent players. This great club needs to be looking upwards. The fans deserve some success after the very lean years of 2010-16. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 287
zorro_is_a_Mariner
April 10, 2017, 4:36pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Gold Stars: 4
If its based just on results then i think its discusting, you should give your manager time to build and build. I liked his planning for the future and i think we will go backwards if we dont get the right man in. I liked how he started to get more staff on and weve obvoiusly lagged behind in terms of this and other stuff that football league teams have. I just hoped somethings happened behind the scenes that it was worth the sack because i will be pretty embarrased if its on results.

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 287
GyMariner

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 7
The players don't like playing for him it's as simple as that and it's seem to have left JF with no choice

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 287
Guest User
No Mention of a caretaker in the statement.. do we expect further news, to my mind if mooro/ whoever was taking over it would have said
Reply: 49 - 287
29 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bignot sacked

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.