Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Doig says no contact made
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 21 Guests

Doig says no contact made

This thread currently has 29,465 views. Print
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
mimma
October 22, 2016, 8:46pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,568
Gold Stars: 78
I think the problem is that Hurst wants the security of a contract instead of a rolling contract he is on at the moment

Shrewsbury offer him a three year contract it would be enough to tempt him.

My thoughts are that he would stay if we offered him one. Maybe they are negotiating one as we type and once the ink has dried we will get the anoucement.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 175
Meza
October 22, 2016, 8:49pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,631
Gold Stars: 50
Didn't someone say theres an announcement at 8pm

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 175
heppy88
October 22, 2016, 8:52pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
If Hurst wants to leave, he should go and we move on.

If he doesn’t want to go I’m sure he would have just said so.

If the board are trying to keep him here, it’s a lost cause as all this silence has fuelled the mistrust and ill feeling that has blighted some of his tenure. Coupled with another inept and lacklustre home performance some will be glad of his departure. The atmosphere has turned toxic and I feel there can only one outcome. Let’s just get it over with. UTMM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 175
IlkleyMariner
October 22, 2016, 8:57pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +2,978
Gold Stars: 69
Fully agree with heppy 88
But we must hold out for compensation

Sounds like the Salop chairman is little short of a crook so we should not allow him to get away with unauthorised contact with a GTFC employee
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 175
KK_DOG
October 22, 2016, 9:07pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +472
I suppose with the way we pinched Scott & Hurst and the resulting court case, Fenty is going to know the rules like the back of his hand. I would imagine that he is clearly putting a spanner in the works and now Hurst's position at GTFC is now untenable (Fenty word)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 175
itsnotcoditshaddock
October 22, 2016, 9:17pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +312
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
For what it's worth...
Tweet 789867179265196032 will appear here...

Also worth noting that JT mentioned that PH was having a drink with Gary Johnson at the time and declined the interview with a wry smile..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 175
HertsGTFC
October 22, 2016, 9:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,875
Gold Stars: 227
Sounded to me that Doigy was really p1ssed off and not just about the score, he clearly did not want to do the press and I wonder if he was "told" to rather than asked to.

His constant use of the words "we" and "us" where interesting and he would not be drawn on what he new about the PH situation.

Reading between the lines I reckon that both Hurst and Doig have had an offer to go to Shrewsbury one that has come through an unofficlai approach. The reason he said this is that he kept saying the club had not told them anything so I reckon the offer could have been made, they want to go but possibly they are waiting for GTFC to sanction the deal and allow them to leave amicably..................maybe/maybe not but the sooner this is cleared up the better.

Also if PH was not going or there was nothing in it he would have come out and said on the radio........... Based upon today maybe we need some fresh ideas to take what is a squad with mixed ability and experience but real potential to a level it may be capable of. .  .

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 175
arryarryarry
October 22, 2016, 9:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from jamesgtfc
Maybe Hurst avoided the interview because he didn't want to face the awkward questions - I'm sure he didn't do the interview when Notts County were sniffing.

Talk about sniffing, we have a ready made replacement for PH in Chris Doig who has a much better sniff than PH ever did.
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 175
HertsGTFC
October 22, 2016, 9:49pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,875
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from golfer
OK. he gets offered the job. What does he do next ?  He's a married man so he has to talk it over with his missus.We know she wouldn't come to live in this dump but living in Shrewsbury is a completely different kettle of fish. If she went to live their it would cut out all the travelling for him.so she is involved as well. Maybe it's her he's waiting for. If he made a statement saying he'd been offered the job but was waiting for his wife to decide we'd all tell him to fuik off. If she decided Shrewsbury wasn't for her how could he stay here. Maybe Fenty is trying to protect him so if it fell through he could stay here. Why don't we hang on for a couple of days and give them a chance to get things sorted. Maybe this is why he has kept out of the way so he doesn't have to answer direct questions.Why do we have to know right now. The guy got us promoted for christs sake. Why don't we stop spitting our dummies out and give the bloke and his family a chance to get things sorted. If he decides to go-fair enough but if he stays I for one will be one happy guy.

He should tell his Mrs that she "does not wear the trousers and to get the chips on"! I make these comments completely tongue in cheek of course.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 175
itsnotcoditshaddock
October 22, 2016, 9:50pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +312
If he does stay then they need to get a new contract sorted asap to put it to bed. Can't be having this excrement everytime a job opens up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 175
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Doig says no contact made

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.