Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Doig says no contact made
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 33 Guests

Doig says no contact made

This thread currently has 29,569 views. Print
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
UpTheMariners
October 22, 2016, 9:52pm
@Daniel_Rudd
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: -6
Doig did the interview after the Welling game last season when apparently when he was going to Notts County.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 175
DavidB
October 22, 2016, 10:02pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +192
There seem to be a few posts criticising Paul Hurst and John Fenty for not making statements clarifying the situation, and making all sorts of inferences as a result (e.g. that this means Paul Hurst wants to leave, has been in secret negotiations, that the Club's 'no approach received' statement is untrue, that Chris Doig doing the interview means that Hurst is leaving, etc, etc).

The fact is that we don't know! There could be all sorts of explanations - legal, protocol, good employment practice, or simply that there is nothing sufficiently clear to be able to make any statement.

On the evidence we have I don't know how anyone can draw any inferences about the situation or any individual's motives: until anything else develops and becomes public, Paul Hurst continues to be the manager of GTFC and  - in my opinion - deserves continued support.

If other things come to light subsequently that justify changing opinions about any individual, then so be it - but for now there just isn't any basis for making any inferences about anyone at GTFC!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 175
Mikey_345
October 22, 2016, 10:05pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,383
Gold Stars: 105
Just listened to Doigs interview. Don't buy the whole "I don't know anything".

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 175
promotion plaice
October 22, 2016, 10:13pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197

"Football on 5" have just shown the Shrewsbury match and said talks are ongoing for a new manager, Paul Hurst was the only name mentioned.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 175
Mariner93er
October 22, 2016, 10:20pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,728
Gold Stars: 28
I agree DavidB. If it wasnt for forums like the fishy, most of us would be analysing the whole situation to a much lesser degree. Ultimately the fishy is as bad as the media at blowing things out of proportion. Maybe there is something going, maybe there isnt, non of us know, we'll know soon so stop getting all your nickers' in a twist.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 175
bluerose13x
October 22, 2016, 10:20pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +323
Quoted from Mikey_345
Just listened to Doigs interview. Don't buy the whole "I don't know anything".

We're just like mushrooms. Kept  in the dark and fed on ..

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 175
Rodley Mariner
October 22, 2016, 10:23pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
I think he's probably tried to manage it in a way that meant that if he couldn't do a deal with Shrewsbury that he could just continue with Town. Don't blame him for trying but don't think he's achieved it and it might be best now if he just moves on quickly and we can do the same. I do think it's a shame as I liked the fact that we were stable and he was just steadily improving us. It might end up being a good thing for the club but that'll depend on the job our non-chairman does in replacing him............As a club we really do manage PR badly don' t we?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 175
Mariner93er
October 22, 2016, 10:29pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,728
Gold Stars: 28
Honestly dont know how him doing an interview would change anything. If theres nothing in it and hes staying he'd say it. If there is something in the rumours but nothing finalised he'd also have no option but to say staying because what if it didnt end up getting finalised. Whatever he said the rumours would continue so I honestly dont blame him for thinking whats the point in doing the interview.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 175
October 22, 2016, 10:47pm
Guest User
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
I think he's probably tried to manage it in a way that meant that if he couldn't do a deal with Shrewsbury that he could just continue with Town. Don't blame him for trying but don't think he's achieved it and it might be best now if he just moves on quickly and we can do the same. I do think it's a shame as I liked the fact that we were stable and he was just steadily improving us. It might end up being a good thing for the club but that'll depend on the job our non-chairman does in replacing him............As a club we really do manage PR badly don' t we?

Yep. Sounds about right. Thank god for our PR manager...

Throughout this fiasco there's been a little voice in my head (yeah another one) saying "but...Shrewsbury ffs?"
Reply: 108 - 175
The Yard Dog
October 22, 2016, 11:11pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,504
Gold Stars: 74
At the moment all we have is the Shrewsbury media stating that Shrewsbury are about to appoint Paul Hurst as their new manager, following a decline from their first chose target and then the media circus gets into full swing.

We know how accurate our own local newspaper and radio station are at reporting these days, reporters sniffing around the internet looking for anything to fuel a story.

Shrewsbury have not said they have spoken to Hurst, but mention its a 3 horse race now and GTFC have confirmed no official approach for Hurst.

We will find out when Shrewsbury finally announce who their new manager is, bet its not Paul.

But I could be wrong

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 175
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Doig says no contact made

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.