Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Doig says no contact made
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 20 Guests

Doig says no contact made

This thread currently has 29,567 views. Print
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
October 22, 2016, 7:47pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,172
Gold Stars: 265
Seems to be a lot of posters getting a bit teenage girlie over this whole thing. Hurst has to look after himself.its a short career and loyalty doesn't pay the bills. Us n him has never been a love affair so let's not get overly emotional about it. I'd prefer him to stay as I think we have a pretty good thing going on at present.however if he's offered a better contract and gets to live in a beautiful part of the world then I don't blame him at all. If he does go then we are a pretty attractive proposition. A non chairman who stands by his manager and funds him as best he can, a decent squad of players, some of the best support in the division, a stable club with the possibility of a new stadium, we've got a lot of positives. And there's a list of decent available coaches and managers to pick from
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 175
dapperz fun pub
October 22, 2016, 7:48pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Mariner_09
I wouldn't be surprised if he naffed because of us lot on here.

I know he got us up in the end but ffs how long did it take no other club in the dog and duck would have gave him that long , I'm not a fenty fan but that little intercourse owes fenty big time ... I wanted him to stay as it draws on I'm changing my
Mind
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 175
grimsby pete
October 22, 2016, 7:50pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
For what it's worth...
Tweet 789867179265196032 will appear here...

If that does not tell you what he thinks of us,

Nothing will.

Goodbye Paul thanks for the promotion.

See you again next season unless we go up.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 175
ginnywings
October 22, 2016, 7:55pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,122
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from forza ivano
Seems to be a lot of posters getting a bit teenage girlie over this whole thing. Hurst has to look after himself.its a short career and loyalty doesn't pay the bills. Us n him has never been a love affair so let's not get overly emotional about it. I'd prefer him to stay as I think we have a pretty good thing going on at present.however if he's offered a better contract and gets to live in a beautiful part of the world then I don't blame him at all. If he does go then we are a pretty attractive proposition. A non chairman who stands by his manager and funds him as best he can, a decent squad of players, some of the best support in the division, a stable club with the possibility of a new stadium, we've got a lot of positives. And there's a list of decent available coaches and managers to pick from

I understand all that and won't blame him if he does go. It's all the speculation that's pissing me off. Shrewsbury paper reporting Hurst is the target and preferred option, yet all at GTFC denying any knowledge. Their Chairman saying that his target is currently at another club and it's dragging on. So if it's Hurst (and i stress if) why is no-one saying anything to confirm or deny this? Are the papers in Salop making all this up?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 175
Nelly GTFC
October 22, 2016, 8:02pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,736
Gold Stars: 31
Here's another one for you. Journalist for the Daily Mail; from that it seems adamant an approach been made.
Tweet 789869026952568832 will appear here...

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> https://footballclubforums.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 175
Mikey_345
October 22, 2016, 8:09pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,384
Gold Stars: 105
The fact he didn't do the post match interview, for me, shows hes probably on his way.

Obviously un-willing to answer the direct question from JT.

He must surely know all the speculation - If he wasn't going, he could have simply done the interview and put everything to bed. Instead of ducking and hiding.

I think the writings on the wall, unfortunately.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 175
Tinymariner
October 22, 2016, 8:14pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
No official contact, give GTFC and the board members a break. PH deserves the stick he gets if he has been interviewed and is not discussing it, only he can confirm if they have made him an offer,  especially if the approach has been via the back door.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 175
Fat Cobra
October 22, 2016, 8:16pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -28
Approval: -1,479
Quoted from Tinymariner
No official contact, give GTFC and the board members a break. PH deserves the stick he gets if he has been interviewed and is not discussing it, only he can confirm if they have made him an offer,  especially if the approach has been via the back door.

Oi oi
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 175
Rhys_Mariners
October 22, 2016, 8:21pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: +174
Gold Stars: 4
Why are you all adamant Shrewsbury will be relegated? It's only ocotober. He can easily go there and keep them up and is a great stepping stone opportunity for him.Would be stupid not to take the job on that basis without even touching on the extra money aspect
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 175
IlkleyMariner
October 22, 2016, 8:21pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 69
The situation is simple.

If PH has been discussing with Shrews without an unauthorised approach, we should seek full compensation, tell him to p off and charge Shrews with unauthorised approach. PH has no future here.

If there has been a formal approach, JF is lying and should apologise and seek full compensation and tell PH to clear off.

If PH and GTFC have not been involved and PH is not the target, say so and move on.

The whole thing is pathetic and disrespectful to our fans.

I have had enough of the duplicity and wont be paying to watch GTFC until the matter is resolved to my satisfaction.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 175
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Doig says no contact made

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.