Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Doig says no contact made
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 27 Guests

Doig says no contact made

This thread currently has 29,299 views. Print
18 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Vance Warner
October 23, 2016, 2:53pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +18 / -5
Approval: +2,772
Gold Stars: 99
Quoted from Ipswin

His performance at Wembley was a disgrace (but of course no one was allowed to criticise him as he had just scraped us to a promotion) far better if he had simply looked smug and self-satisfied at having proved the doubters wrong

So you're allowed to criticise him as much as you want but he's not allowed to have a pop back. Grow a pair. Funnily enough I was too busy enjoying one of my best days as a town fans to worry about whether or not I was allowed to slag off the manager. For the record his performance as our manager at Wembley helped to get us promoted.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 150 - 175
golfer
October 23, 2016, 3:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,376
Gold Stars: 112
Quoted from Mariner Timsky
Anyone else notice the handshake and whisper in Hurst's ear at the end from their captain Downes???

Anything in that or am I just reading between the lines that aren't even there to read in between

Don't you know anything, Didn't you see the sign they made to each other first. They are both in the Royal Antediluvian  Order of Buffaloes   and they were just passing greetings from their respective Lodges. It was a coincidence that they both belong to the same Lodge as Brian Caldwell whoever he may be
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 175
Balthazar Bullitt
October 23, 2016, 3:16pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +2,260
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from rancido
I find it hard to believe that there has been so much " jumping to conclusions" and " reading between the lines " on this subject ( although having been a poster for some time on here I shouldn't be surprised).
JF came our with a statement saying that there had been no official approach from Shrewsbury. You either believe him or say he is lying.
Shrewsbury football club have not ( at least to my knowledge ) stated that PH is a potential target to be their manauger. They have mentioned that there are three people they have approached.
A story appears in the Shrewsbury area press naming PH but there are no official statements to back this up. The same applies to the story in their local BBC outlet.
It would seem that some on here expect to be privy to and informed of every stage of this situation, probably even wanting hourly updates!
GTFC can do no more than the statement that JF came out with.
As far as Doigy doing the post match interview then that could be for several reasons, none of which really need to be explained to the fans. He may have come across as a bit dull and downbeat, so what. Not everybody is capable of being interviewed in a bright , dynamic manner and in fact some people ( yours truly ) hates being interviewed and put on the spot. He said that all he knew about the situation as regards Shrewsbury was what he picked up from social media and I believe him. It's not as if he would be privy to every conversation that takes place at BP. It's also quite possible that if an illegal approach had been made to PH then PH wouldn't have informed him anyway!

Stop making sense as David Byrne would say. People enjoy the opportunity to be offended #pashun!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 152 - 175
Mariner Timsky
October 23, 2016, 3:26pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,535
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from golfer

Don't you know anything, Didn't you see the sign they made to each other first. They are both in the Royal Antediluvian  Order of Buffaloes   and they were just passing greetings from their respective Lodges. It was a coincidence that they both belong to the same Lodge as Brian Caldwell whoever he may be

Can I have some of what your on please!! 😁

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 153 - 175
Teesknees
October 23, 2016, 3:32pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,596
Gold Stars: 18

I would think he's on the dole!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 154 - 175
Teesknees
October 23, 2016, 3:32pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,596
Gold Stars: 18

I would think he's on the dole!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 155 - 175
davmariner
October 23, 2016, 3:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,860
Gold Stars: 75
All Doig had to say was "It's not something I can comment on, it's nothing to do with me, I'm only the assistant. It would be inappropriate of me to comment publically on private conversations between myself and Paul Hurst, who is my boss". He doesn't need to lie about it or treat the fans as if we're idiots. If Hurst goes, I hope he does too.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 156 - 175
guest43
October 23, 2016, 3:55pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +16
Hi. Shrewsbury fan in peace. Just to say that we are as much in the dark as you are. Unlike some I do not view Grimsby as in some way inferior to us but you have a much more significant history and greater potential. By the same token Shrewsbury are not tinpot. We have a relatively new stadium (although designed by Meccano), are debt free and just invested a big chunk of the £2 million from last season's transfer income in new training facilities. The latter is supposedly one of the reasons why Hurst would want to come to us.

As regards him, I cannot see why he would want to come to us because it is a reasonable assumption that we would by pass each other by next season. Many of our fans have unrealistic ideas as to the sort of person we eventually get. Most are disappointed we didn't get Kenny Jackett...as if.

One other thing, Mickey Mellon went before he was pushed which would definitely have happened..clueless in anything above League 2. He opted for Tranmere (potentially a bigger club) because both he and his assistant were popular as players there. He, himself, never moved his family from Blackpool so closer to his home.

Best of luck this season and I hope we meet each other in League 1 next.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 157 - 175
dapperz fun pub
October 23, 2016, 4:28pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
I think we will be meeting each other but it won't be league 1  and if he does go ffs Dont critisise him cos he gets mardy pretty quickly but he's a grafter who gives it 100% and yes he got us promotion even though it took him half a decade. So like most on here not bothered either way just let's get it all sorted 👍
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 158 - 175
davmariner
October 23, 2016, 4:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,860
Gold Stars: 75
Hurst is the type of manager who will do ok with teams that he builds from scratch. Given that one-year deals are the norm in the Conference, he was able to chop and change regularly. I'm doubtful that he'll be able to come in and get the best out of your team this season. When Hurst first joined us, our 30 goal striker Alan Connell struggled. Hurst is quite a stubborn manager that sticks rigidly to his own fairly basic tactics and tends to put square pegs in round holes. If you're hoping for a manager that will come into your club and develop a system that gets the best out of your existing players, Hurst isn't the man I'm afraid.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 159 - 175
18 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Doig says no contact made

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.