Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › £100 pledge thread!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 323 Guests

£100 pledge thread!

This thread currently has 16,120 views. Print
15 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 All Recommend Thread
bax
May 31, 2015, 8:54pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
Just to confirm this is being launched by the Grimsby Telegraph tomorrow morning, both in paper and online. Everything should make sense then and hopefully people will understand why it's taken a few days to get sorted!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 140 - 144
May 31, 2015, 9:32pm
Guest User
I really hope the fans really get behind the campaign. If we shift an extra 250 season tickets and raise 50k from the fundraising via trust membership and various trust initiatives. What an massive impact we could have on the season before it even starts and sign that extra bit of quality to separate us from the rest
Reply: 141 - 144
bax
June 1, 2015, 7:50am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 142 - 144
BIGChris
June 1, 2015, 8:05am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Now time to put money were your mouth is

Lets get thisup & running and smash the target

With the generous £ for £ matching from the Mullens a minimum of £40k can make a difference to #operationpromotion
Private Message
Reply: 143 - 144
nickmariners
June 1, 2015, 9:43am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +518
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Why not point it out? Some people might not have twigged it.

I knew what you was suggesting was a way to bring in cash early. But it's a dangerous strategy in my view. It's risky because promotion might not come and you've spunked all the money. Even if you win promotion you still might not get enough money the following season to compensate for the loss of the (pre-paid) season tickets, and you will probably have to pay higher wages to boot. And to cap it all the club's sold season tickets at 2015 prices when it might need to raise prices in 2016, so just when it really needs to raise more money its hands are tied.

No, mortgaging the future is a nicht nicht.

It's about present cashflow and risk v reward.   If a customer wants to pay for longer term 'membership' today, that is attractive to most vendors of any goods and services.

By extending your logic, even a regular annual season ticket is the wrong kind of lock-in, a "nicht nicht".

Anyhow - I'm saving my pennies for the Trust pledge this week.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 144 - 144
15 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › £100 pledge thread!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.