Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › £100 pledge thread!
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 159 Guests

£100 pledge thread!

This thread currently has 16,017 views. Print
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
pontoonlew
May 20, 2015, 9:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,721
Gold Stars: 163
Quoted from barralad
Guys and girls The Trust are putting the finishing touches to a boost the budget scheme which will incorporate all of these pledges. Watch this space!!

All good saying that but that could be a couple of months down the line, there's a good feeling around the club at the minute (which is flipping remarkable given Sundays result) I say start it now and strike whilst the iron is hot.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 144
bax
May 20, 2015, 9:28pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from pontoonlew

All good saying that but that could be a couple of months down the line, there's a good feeling around the club at the minute (which is flipping remarkable given Sundays result) I say start it now and strike whilst the iron is hot.

It's going to be announced within the next couple of days.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 144
May 20, 2015, 9:29pm
Guest User
Me and 3 other 18 year olds will be joining in the next couple of days. Could the trust use a competition on the Facebook and twitter pages to advertise that people are pledging for money which is to go straight into the budget. I can see if the players committing then this really kicking off, people are still gutted and hurt about Sunday but the players showing that they want it will inspire the fans and hopefully add a couple off grand onto the budget.
Reply: 42 - 144
Promotion Train
May 20, 2015, 9:29pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +16
All seems like a great idea, I'm in. Lets wait and see what the Trust come up with......

SORRY ABOUT THE USERNAME, SEEMED A GOOD IDEA AT THE TIME
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 144
immariner
May 20, 2015, 10:04pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,387
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from 75

I'll answer honestly, sorry if I cause offence but you did ask.

Junior tickets are already very cheap. I'm not sure how much they are as I don't have kids but I know there is a kids for a quid deal in the main stand.

So tickets for kids are already subsidised. I don't want to contribute to people on benefits, I already do this with my taxes and I think people on benefits get too much for nothing as it is.

The tax credit nonsense annoys me, as do the lack of a means tested child benefit system (I.e you could earn 100k a year and are still entitled to benefits).

I do want to contribute towards the signing of a new striker though. I don't want anything back, my only incentive is to show support to the club, the board and the players.

It's not even remotely about contributing to people on benefits (forget about the free school meals bit, that was just an example). It's about creating an incentive and loyalty scheme for young Grimsby Town supporters, many of whom, like me, won't have GTFC supporting family and come from a poor background, as I did, making it difficult to afford games (£5-7 isn't cheap for a sprog), as it was for me. It's not as if there aren't plenty enough of these kids around NE Lincs, being lured away by the Premier League and just about anything else. I just think we can boost the club's coffers for this season but also start something worthwhile and of continuing benefit (financially) to the football club, and maybe, maybe just a little bit, to some young 'uns in the area. Fair enough if you don't agree, it's just an idea and it's your money you're pledging.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 144
gary_elton
May 20, 2015, 10:22pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
I hope this returns to the original idea of raising money to be for the first team playing squad...

at the end of the day... we want promotion , you wont get it by subsidising cheap tickets... if
14,000 can go to Wembley at the price it cost them , there's no reason to not expect gates of
6,000 for a succesful team at BP....  fund the first team squad.....

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 144
LH
May 20, 2015, 10:34pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
People won't go to games and therefore the club won't make money without good signings, but without the money the players won't come. On Sunday evening I thought we faced a catch-22 where we wouldn't be able to renew contracts etc due to lack of funds. The release and offers list lifted this mood but now the fans have done themselves proud yet again and stepped up to the plate to say they will help.

If we can convert pledges into real cash and spread the word there is no reason for players not to come and therefore crowds grow. The fund should be entirely for a warchest in my opinion but some sort of incentive like somebody mentioned like a hospitality day or some prizes from the club can't hurt to help people to cough up a bit can it?
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 144
springstomind
May 20, 2015, 10:35pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +322
I get my 8 year bonus soon. Absolutely count me in!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 144
ivanosandwich
May 20, 2015, 10:37pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,467
Gold Stars: 15
Just for clarity, on the 'Picking up on PH comment' thread, Moosey made the suggestion that money could not guarantee success on the pitch.

I followed this up with the suggestion that those interested pledge £100 and when we have a significant number of pledges, payment would be required.

This dedicated thread was started for the pledges of £100.

It seems that the Trust has some ideas that are imminent but my initial thought was that the money go directly to the transfer fund and nowhere else.

That way, we the fans can see how our collective £100's have been spent.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 144
TheRealJohnLewis
May 20, 2015, 10:40pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from springstomind
I get my 8 year bonus soon. Absolutely count me in!!

You can buy the club with that sort of money!

Private Message
Reply: 49 - 144
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › £100 pledge thread!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.