Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › £100 pledge thread!
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 144 Guests

£100 pledge thread!

This thread currently has 16,016 views. Print
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
May 20, 2015, 11:44pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from 75

I'll answer honestly, sorry if I cause offence but you did ask.

Junior tickets are already very cheap. I'm not sure how much they are as I don't have kids but I know there is a kids for a quid deal in the main stand.

So tickets for kids are already subsidised. I don't want to contribute to people on benefits, I already do this with my taxes and I think people on benefits get too much for nothing as it is.

The tax credit nonsense annoys me, as do the lack of a means tested child benefit system (I.e you could earn 100k a year and are still entitled to benefits).

I do want to contribute towards the signing of a new striker though. I don't want anything back, my only incentive is to show support to the club, the board and the players.

Are you kidding? It is means-tested. But in a cack-handed way. Thanks to the stupid system the Tories introduced, families with one high earner are penalised - with two children it was the equivalent of a £4000 pay cut. Two, not quite so high earners are in the clear. So much for the party of traditional family values eh?

Kids for a quid in the main stand is only for some games. It's more of a loss leader if it encourages them to support the club.

As for contributing to people on benefits, bring it on. If a scheme like this gets more people into the ground at no extra cost who is it hurting?  Besides most of the cost of benefits go on low-paid working people or are pensioners not on workshy layabouts. A town like Grimsby has more than it's fair share of low paid.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 144
LH
May 20, 2015, 11:57pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,390
Gold Stars: 169
Please please please don't bring politics into this thread. We all have one common cause and that is getting Town out of this wankhole of a division. We have a full spectrum of political beliefs on this forum and they can be discussed on the non-football board - this is not the place.</rob mode>
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 144
BIGChris
May 21, 2015, 7:03am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.98
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
I have made some suggestions that went to the Trust a couple of days ago following a telephone conversation and a exchange with Grim Rob who, amongst others, has made suggestions. We await what the Trust can come up with but hopefully it is very soon to capitalise on the current enthusiasm

My view is it MUST be ring fenced money and used entirely To Boost the Budget. One off donations are great but so are weekly or monthly payments via standing order.

This cannot JUST be a Fishy thing. It needs support from every avenue and Gy tel, chronicle, Facebook, Cod Almighty, Twitter etcetera etcetera must be utilised.

Businesses too.

This would really prove that Together we CAN make a difference!

UTM
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 144
A.l.f.
May 21, 2015, 7:12am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +687
Gold Stars: 7
Through the Trust is the best way and I'd be happy to contribute.  Maybe this could be the first steps towards a fan run club. Lets hope we can do a Bournemouth!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 144
psgmariner
May 21, 2015, 8:23am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 33

Donations direct to a private company can be seen as income and may be taxable. Hope this has been considered.

Anyway I'm in but don't tell my wife.

Private Message
Reply: 64 - 144
Lumpsleftbreast
May 21, 2015, 8:38am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +24
How about the club have a weekly prize draw for the people who pledge towards the playing budget in this way?

Say they get an hours training with the first team or get to watch a training session or a match day as a vip? Doesn't cost the club anything and might get more people signed up to it

Gary Lump
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 144
highcliff mariner
May 21, 2015, 8:46am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +12 / -3
Approval: +778
Count me in .
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 144
sonik
May 21, 2015, 9:19am

Cocktail Drinker
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1
Please count me in too. Great Idea!

UTM!

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 144
thevera
May 21, 2015, 9:22am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +992
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from heppy88
If as suggested in the other thread, this would be a loan that would be repaid as a discounted season ticket next season I would be definately in.
Think its a great idea.
Just keep it simple. Pay £100 extra on this years season ticket and recieve £100 discount off future season ticket. In effect an interest free loan for the club. Simples.

I am sure when I hear the full details I will be in but I like the idea of the above. The worry would be though If we don't make it back to the league next season what would the implications of what would be a reduced budget for 2016/17 season. If we do go up next year then the extra income received in a league campaign would compensate.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 144
sonik
May 21, 2015, 9:27am

Cocktail Drinker
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1
Keeping it simple is a donation of £100 for the playing budget. That's additional to what the Clubs budget will be!

UTM!

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 144
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › £100 pledge thread!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.