Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › £100 pledge thread!
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 406 Guests

£100 pledge thread!

This thread currently has 16,018 views. Print
15 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
May 23, 2015, 12:06am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from nickmariners

Clearly.  Though I didn't think it was necessary to spell it out.

The point was to suggest a way for the club to get a little more cash-in-hand 'today', to invest in players to help get us promotion this coming season, and with it the extra cash that comes along with promotion to mitigate against any future income shortfall from taking those revenues 'early'.

Why not point it out? Some people might not have twigged it.

I knew what you was suggesting was a way to bring in cash early. But it's a dangerous strategy in my view. It's risky because promotion might not come and you've spunked all the money. Even if you win promotion you still might not get enough money the following season to compensate for the loss of the (pre-paid) season tickets, and you will probably have to pay higher wages to boot. And to cap it all the club's sold season tickets at 2015 prices when it might need to raise prices in 2016, so just when it really needs to raise more money its hands are tied.

No, mortgaging the future is a nicht nicht.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 144
H19P1
May 23, 2015, 8:47am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +710
Can anyone advise me how I can invest this £100 into the club to help with transfer funds?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 144
SumatraMariner
May 23, 2015, 9:30am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +1
Can anyone advise me how I can invest this £100 into the club to help with transfer funds?

THIS
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 144
May 23, 2015, 9:33am
Guest User
Quoted from SumatraMariner

THIS

It's in the thread mate, the Trust will make an announcement in a day or two.
Reply: 113 - 144
BIGChris
May 23, 2015, 9:34am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.98
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from SumatraMariner

THIS

You can't, yet!

I understand the Trust and club are working on it and hopefully an announcement and details will be in public domain very soon.

MAYBE the announcement has been delayed with the club wanting to get season tkt prices out first. Best not to get all the good news out at once rather than staggering it for maximum effect??
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 144
bluebottle
May 23, 2015, 5:56pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +459
I'm in for £100.
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 144
LostInSpace
May 24, 2015, 7:55pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +115
hi ,its the intruding gas head again, watching your great impetus to help your club with great interest, not sure how it could work within the monetary restrictions tho', there is a sort of similar thing at the rovers where supporters are banging in a tenner each , this helps in the sponsorship of players across the club, i will post a link to it for your perusal  [hopefully it will work] so if you cannot make the £100 donation directly to the playing fund as in this thread, then the money you have raised may help the club in another way,,,, otherwise you can tell me to just stop intruding
http://gaschat.co.uk/board/22/fans-forum-sponsor-club  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 144
KingstonMariner
May 24, 2015, 9:27pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Cheers LiS.

Waiting to see what comes out of the Mariners Trust's deliberations. Maybe they'll come to similar conclusions to you lot.

I think the idea to buy season tickets for kids might be the way round any restrictions on donations direct to the club as it as it'll be cash in the form of gate receipts.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 144
grimsby pete
May 25, 2015, 11:07am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Another thing around the restrictions is,

We buy £100 of shares each,

BUT

We will wait and see what the trust says.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 144
Caesar
May 26, 2015, 6:31pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,794
Missed this thread as don't notice the sticky posts!

Got to agree with other fans though, the reaction to this has really made me feel a bit oddly emotionally and very proud.

Personally I am not in a great financial situation at the moment and am trying to save up so I can go to as many games as possible next season, for that reason I would like to pledge a little less, perhaps like Forza suggests go 50/50 with coxy, maybe later in the year when we have more cash we can top it up?  Anyway will wait to see what the Trust suggests but count me in for at least some money to this pledge, hope we can pull it off!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 144
15 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › £100 pledge thread!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.