arryarryarry
May 20, 2015, 3:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from LH
What's your point? Historically as a side that has played mostly in the upper reaches of the Football League we have it pretty excrement.

As it stands - we are a Conference side. Relatively speaking we do have it pretty sweet. High attendances, a team that has made the play offs three years on the bounce and we're not scratching around signing players who have been injured for most of the last two years.

Alright I will ask you the same question, do you prefer being out of the Football League?
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 61
kingster72
May 20, 2015, 4:55pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: -7
[quote=1133]

Fenty has put stupid amount of money into this club.

Fenty has killed our club! His record over the 10 years plus, that he has been a director is shambolic, both in and out of the boardroom.  If he was a director of any other company, the company would have gone bust through a lack of customers years ago, the fact that this is GTFC means some of us just cannot desert it.
Hurst deserves to stay, but Fenty must go.  All those saying he just keeps pumping money in and there is no one else willing to invest are in cuckoo land.  He has had many people willing to invest on the proviso he leaves the club, because they could not work with such an incompetent man.  I do not understand how any fan can support him?  Of the quote above, the only too words I agree go together are: Fenty & stupid.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 61
MuddyWaters
May 20, 2015, 5:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,239
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from LH
What's your point? Historically as a side that has played mostly in the upper reaches of the Football League we have it pretty excrement.

As it stands - we are a Conference side. Relatively speaking we do have it pretty sweet. High attendances, a team that has made the play offs three years on the bounce and we're not scratching around signing players who have been injured for most of the last two years.

Not really sure that a debt of £3million and counting and a dilapidated stadium is all that sweet tbh
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 61
MuddyWaters
May 20, 2015, 5:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from realist
Since when has a frustrated supporter been a troll?. I have also been called defreitas just because I have a different opinion to others.
Once the rose tinted specs have gone after a battling Wembley performance we will stil be stuck in this rubbish league.
so. No trolling or wind up. Just a personal opinion. I could be wrong but I doubt it, after all it looks like I'm the only one on here who backed and wanted Cameron to win.
I stand by what I originally posted I think our current manager will not get us out of this league.

There are many ways in which frustration manifests itself. The reason I called you a troll (and don't forget there were many -me included who shared your opinion on PH) was that your comments came within 48 hours of us missing promotion by the narrowest of margins. You were clearly trying to stir up reaction. Anyone that was there knows that Bristol could and should have been down to 10, maybe even 9 men.

You talk of personal opinions and the election - totally irrelevant - this is a forum for football fans, how you or I or anyone else voted is not relevant to GTFC.
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 61
sparko501
May 20, 2015, 5:44pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +97
Quoted from LH

Thank you That's exactly what i meant LH just couldn't put it across as well as you  

I never meant it to be 'sweet' in the conference I meant we have it pretty good compared to other clubs in our league.

No one wants us to be in the conference so I'm not quite sure why arryarry is even asking that question
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 61
Grimal
May 20, 2015, 6:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,858
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from kingster72
[quote=1133]

Fenty has put stupid amount of money into this club.

Fenty has killed our club! His record over the 10 years plus, that he has been a director is shambolic, both in and out of the boardroom.  If he was a director of any other company, the company would have gone bust through a lack of customers years ago, the fact that this is GTFC means some of us just cannot desert it.
Hurst deserves to stay, but Fenty must go.  All those saying he just keeps pumping money in and there is no one else willing to invest are in cuckoo land.  He has had many people willing to invest on the proviso he leaves the club, because they could not work with such an incompetent man.  I do not understand how any fan can support him?  Of the quote above, the only too words I agree go together are: Fenty & stupid.

Errr !  I think if you dig deeper you will find he is a director of another company that is doing very well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 61
LH
May 20, 2015, 6:14pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,507
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from arryarryarry

Alright I will ask you the same question, do you prefer being out of the Football League?

Did you read the first paragraph?

Of course £3m debt and Blundell Park aren't ideal but you can't have it all can you?
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 61
MuddyWaters
May 20, 2015, 6:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from LH

Did you read the first paragraph?

Of course £3m debt and Blundell Park aren't ideal but you can't have it all can you?

And that's the point - many of us remember the days when Chelsea, West Ham, Man City and Newcastle came to town. Boreham wood, Braintree and Barrow are a little less mouth-watering.
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 61
LH
May 20, 2015, 6:27pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,507
Gold Stars: 173
We've played all four of those in the last 20 years but only one in the league when they had their own period of playing below their level. I don't really get your point from not playing big teams in the cup anymore?
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 61
LostInSpace
May 20, 2015, 7:38pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +115
hi all sorry to say it but ,a rovers fan... but in inquisitive mode..... generally been reading your forum since xmas and been amused as it..at time mirrors what goes on on the rovers site, xxx ? out and he does better than whoever,, but now to ask you a sort of serious question as to just WHO  would you consider would be the team you would be fighting most to get out of the hell hole, i would think possibly Tranmere and Wrexham, apart from the two money spenders FGR and Eastleigh who i would imagine will be the  "nuisance" teams like this past campaign ... its good to see you are retaining your set up from this season, do really hope they will carry you through to the sunnier side of English football, best of luck ,,,, and keep the faith............ it will work out for you guys[and girls]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 61
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › looks like another 2 years in the conference

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.