Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › looks like another 2 years in the conference
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 372 Guests

looks like another 2 years in the conference

This thread currently has 8,957 views. Print
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
realist
May 19, 2015, 1:08pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,687
Gold Stars: 41
With no breaking news of Hursts departure it looks like we are stuck with him for another season.
He hasn't been capable of getting us promoted the last two seasons and will be unable to do it next season.  Hurst and Fenty will kill this club. Two more seasons of this league will see to that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Hagrid
May 19, 2015, 1:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,988
Gold Stars: 508
bore off you boring individual!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 61
ginnywings
May 19, 2015, 1:14pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from realist
With no breaking news of Hursts departure it looks like we are stuck with him for another season.
He hasn't been capable of getting us promoted the last two seasons and will be unable to do it next season.  Hurst and Fenty will kill this club. Two more seasons of this league will see to that.

Maybe, maybe not. Can't see any alternative to Hurst myself, although i'm not a big fan of his pragmatic style. If Barnet and Bristol can do it, then so can we. Neither were what you would call fantastic footballing sides but each had something very slightly better than us. It can be rectified.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 61
Jarmo.Is.God
May 19, 2015, 1:19pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from realist

Fenty has put stupid amount of money into this club.

and Hurst is not far off being our most successful manager we have ever had.

Since Rob Scott departure we have been looking forward, removing the players with bad attitudes and replacing with players who wear the shirt with pride.

With Hurst in charge, i will be confident
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 61
pizzzza
May 19, 2015, 1:22pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,659
Gold Stars: 135
Quoted from realist

I appreciate that you are entitled to your opinion even if it is wrong.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 61
Maringer
May 19, 2015, 1:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,141
Gold Stars: 180
"realist" is just a troll. Best to ignore him/her/it.

The pragmatic style mentioned by ginny is what we've seen from pretty much all of the teams to win promotion since we've been down here. Crawley, Wimbledon, Fleetwood, Mansfield, Luton and Barnet were all big, strong teams with no great class but a good goalscorer winning them the points. Cambridge and Bristol Rovers based their games on an excellent defence and hard-work throughout the rest of the team. It's only really York who I can think of who actually played their way out of the division in a different style and they only just scraped through! Newport were OK (but only took 1 point off our average team) but squeezed through the play-offs.

We're half of the way there. If we can maintain or improve on our good defensive record next season whilst scoring a good few more goals, no reason we shouldn't be in with a shout.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 61
Sir Matt Tease
May 19, 2015, 1:33pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +266
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

Since Rob Scott departure we have been looking forward, removing the players with bad attitudes and replacing with players who wear the shirt with pride.

Are you having a laugh ?

Not far off being our most successful manager ever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He has a long, long way to go before he is that !

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 61
StickfordMariner
May 19, 2015, 1:48pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +366
Gold Stars: 12
After all the positive vibes coming from everyone after the must gut wrenching ordeal in a long time that was a really poor pathetic and wrong post to put up. Paul Hurst got this group together who love the club and the fans and who next season will do all they can to give us what we want.  In Hurst we trust and in the next few days we will see which of the current squad we trust as well.  UTM and keep the faith are time will come !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 61
arryarryarry
May 19, 2015, 1:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,938
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

I keep asking, successful doing what, we haven't won anything under Hurst yet not even the FAT.

Howthefuck you could make such a statement to suggest he is anywhere near being more successful than say Alan Buckley is utter frigging lunacy.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 61
Jarmo.Is.God
May 19, 2015, 2:00pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from arryarryarry

I keep asking, successful doing what, we haven't won anything under Hurst yet not even the FAT.

Howthefuck you could make such a statement to suggest he is anywhere near being more successful than say Alan Buckley is utter frigging lunacy.

Look at Gateshead ad halifax, in the play-offs last season, this season mid table, Hurst has got this ship steadied and we are constantly up at the top end of the table for the last 3 years
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 61
jonnyboy82
May 19, 2015, 2:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
If we bring in another manager and let's say he gets us to the playoffs then most would say he has been successful and needs another season to see what he can do.

Now I am the first to say Paul has had a very good crack at it and when is enough enough but I firmly believe that he will win this league next season.

We had playoff semis two years ago, playoff final season just gone and next season has to be one better which will be promotion as champions.

I just feel it , we can't make a change now lets back him I know he is the right man, our man  

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 61
ginnywings
May 19, 2015, 2:11pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from Maringer
"realist" is just a troll. Best to ignore him/her/it.

The pragmatic style mentioned by ginny is what we've seen from pretty much all of the teams to win promotion since we've been down here. Crawley, Wimbledon, Fleetwood, Mansfield, Luton and Barnet were all big, strong teams with no great class but a good goalscorer winning them the points. Cambridge and Bristol Rovers based their games on an excellent defence and hard-work throughout the rest of the team. It's only really York who I can think of who actually played their way out of the division in a different style and they only just scraped through! Newport were OK (but only took 1 point off our average team) but squeezed through the play-offs.

We're half of the way there. If we can maintain or improve on our good defensive record next season whilst scoring a good few more goals, no reason we shouldn't be in with a shout.

Yeah, i've come to accept that pragmatic is the way forward in this league and we will have to stomach it before we get out of here, if we ever do.

As for Paul Hurst, i'm willing to bet that his win ratio is up there with our best managers, if not the best. Problem being that we've not had the results in a handful of crucial games for one reason or another. It's always a very fine line between success and failure unless you storm the league and i don't think many of our other managers have won any leagues outright. Finishing third in some leagues is automatic promotion and then he is hailed as a good manager, whereas down here, second is only a chance of glory through the play offs. He probably has the hardest job of any manager we've had with all the expectation and absolutely no margin for error. Sunday could have easily gone our way.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 61
Bignic69
May 19, 2015, 2:12pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +540
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from realist

Who would you replace Hurst with? Or Fenty for that matter? I cant think of anyone who i'd trust not to come in and totally dismantle the team spirit and togetherness that hurst has built. Get contracts sorted and top up the squad with 2-3 very good signings and we'll romp this league but continuity is the key.
Its all well and good saying get hurst and fenty out but use your fricking username and be realistic.

Back of the net
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 61
Quagmire
May 19, 2015, 2:16pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +929
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 61
arryarryarry
May 19, 2015, 2:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

Look at Gateshead ad halifax, in the play-offs last season, this season mid table, Hurst has got this ship steadied and we are constantly up at the top end of the table for the last 3 years

And where will they be next season, in the same crappy league that we are in.

Private Message
Reply: 14 - 61
arryarryarry
May 19, 2015, 2:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from jonnyboy82
If we bring in another manager and let's say he gets us to the playoffs then most would say he has been successful and needs another season to see what he can do.

Now I am the first to say Paul has had a very good crack at it and when is enough enough but I firmly believe that he will win this league next season.

We had playoff semis two years ago, playoff final season just gone and next season has to be one better which will be promotion as champions.

I just feel it , we can't make a change now lets back him I know he is the right man, our man  

To be honest I can't be arsed to go back and check but it would be interesting to found out who said that this season Hurst would get us promoted.

Private Message
Reply: 15 - 61
May 19, 2015, 2:45pm
Guest User
Quoted from realist

Go and support Scunthorpe, we don't need people like you.
Reply: 16 - 61
diehardmariner
May 19, 2015, 2:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,092
Gold Stars: 520
Quoted from realist

ABUSE REMOVED
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 61
MuddyWaters
May 19, 2015, 3:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Why are we feeding the troll?
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 61
GrahamH
May 19, 2015, 3:45pm

Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +3
Quoted from arryarryarry

To be honest I can't be arsed to go back and check but it would be interesting to found out who said that this season Hurst would get us promoted.

Well arryarryarry I was one of those who said PH would get us promoted this season, but I will stick with my view that he will get us into Lge 2, ok it will have to be next season now though. UTM  

[b][/b]UTM    
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 61
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
May 19, 2015, 3:46pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
The most obvious answer to this is that there is no alternative. I can't think of another manager at this level who would do any better and in any case he's hardly likely to be sacked is he? Statistically Hurst is a good manager and any other Conference club would be happy to have him with his record over the past 3 years. He'll be here unless he gets a better offer.

The problem for Town is that statistics alone don't get you promoted. You need the ambition to aim for top spot and an ambitious budget to get the players to do it.

That's what we need to see before the new season and once we have seen what the ambitions of the club are, that would be the time to pass judgement on our chances, not now.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 61
MeanwoodMariner
May 19, 2015, 3:48pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Why are we feeding the troll?

This.

Realist is simply a wind up merchant and people shouldn't bite.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 61
arryarryarry
May 19, 2015, 3:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from GrahamH

Well arryarryarry I was one of those who said PH would get us promoted this season, but I will stick with my view that he will get us into Lge 2, ok it will have to be next season now though. UTM  

You are entitled to your opinion of course but it does make me smile when many come on here and say he will get us promoted. I don't know how anyone can say that at this stage when we don't even know what the squad will be or even if Hurst will be in charge.

Private Message
Reply: 22 - 61
MuddyWaters
May 19, 2015, 4:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
I'll hold my hands up and admit that I said we wouldn't get out of this tinpot league with PH as manager. That doesn't mean I don't support the club and the players by the way.

What I have to accept is that if Ross Joyce had made a correct (if difficult because of the occasion) decision on Sunday, we may well still be celebrating our return to League football. I still have issues with how the club is run - I firmly believe that some of our revenue from Sunday should be invested in improving our attacking and midfield options to go one step further without making major changes.

Bottom line is that PH should be given another season to succeed.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 61
GrahamH
May 19, 2015, 4:39pm

Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +3
Quoted from arryarryarry

You are entitled to your opinion of course but it does make me smile when many come on here and say he will get us promoted. I don't know how anyone can say that at this stage when we don't even know what the squad will be or even if Hurst will be in charge.

Yes fair point I am hoping PH is our Manager next season and hopefully we can keep the nucleus of the present team.

[b][/b]UTM    
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 61
Mrs Doyle
May 19, 2015, 4:45pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Approval: +4,859
Rob Hurst as turned this club round into a team of players who believe in themselves, his loan signings have strengthened the squad physically and more important mentally. He booted out the bad apples and the spirit within the squad as been the best for years. This in turn as transfered to the fans who have had renewed faith in the club. This positive feeling MUST continue for us to stand any chance of getting out of here and Hurst as to be part of this.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 61
MuddyWaters
May 19, 2015, 4:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Paul Scott as turned this club round into a team of players who believe in themselves, his loan signings have strengthened the squad physically and more important mentally. He booted out the bad apples and the spirit within the squad as been the best for years. This in turn as transfered to the fans who have had renewed faith in the club. This positive feeling MUST continue for us to stand any chance of getting out of here and Hurst as to be part of this.  

I preferred Rob Hurst meself.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 61
Mrs Doyle
May 19, 2015, 4:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Approval: +4,859
Bloody hell i need pensioning off cheers Codger  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 61
Jaws
May 19, 2015, 4:52pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
Must be up there as one of the best win percentages.

Anyway how about OP for TOTW?
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 61
MuddyWaters
May 19, 2015, 4:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Jaws
Must be up there as one of the best win percentages.

Anyway how about OP for TOTW?

I take it you mean Troll of The Week
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 61
realist
May 19, 2015, 11:01pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,687
Gold Stars: 41
Since when has a frustrated supporter been a troll?. I have also been called defreitas just because I have a different opinion to others.
Once the rose tinted specs have gone after a battling Wembley performance we will stil be stuck in this rubbish league.
so. No trolling or wind up. Just a personal opinion. I could be wrong but I doubt it, after all it looks like I'm the only one on here who backed and wanted Cameron to win.
I stand by what I originally posted I think our current manager will not get us out of this league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 61
GiveUsAG
May 19, 2015, 11:45pm

Neither above nor beneath
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +530
So much for keeping the positive vibe.  

Unfortunately, no matter how well the team do, there will always be criticism of some kind from at least a minority.

But at least the optimists out number the pessimists for a change. I hope this pessimistic "Realist" is proven wrong.  

[IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/mvnser.png[/IMG]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 61
Laddy89
May 19, 2015, 11:53pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -185
Gold Stars: 6
Ive never been Hursts biggest fan, intact I would go as far as saying at christmas i would have given anything for him to be sacked!

HOWEVER....since then, the whole club has changed, the players, the fans, everything.

PH has done that, this squad we have now is amazing, the players are all mates and you can tell the team spirit is at its highest for years!! Probably since 98!

I have full faith in PH,  and John Fenty for that matter, I was in the lucky position to know what went out behind the scenes of the last few years, and its easy for people to point the finger at Fenty, but he was kept this club afloat.

UTM !!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 61
sparko501
May 20, 2015, 12:02am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +97
Quoted from realist

What? Seriously, you actually typed that?

Honestly, really think about what you are saying, 'stuck with him'? Who else would you like in charge? Who else would you like to be our chairman? It's not like people are lining up to take charge, be careful what you wish for, as a conference side we have it pretty sweet, to make changes now would be catastrophic  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 61
KingstonMariner
May 20, 2015, 12:07am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from realist
Since when has a frustrated supporter been a troll?. I have also been called defreitas just because I have a different opinion to others.
Once the rose tinted specs have gone after a battling Wembley performance we will stil be stuck in this rubbish league.
so. No trolling or wind up. Just a personal opinion. I could be wrong but I doubt it, after all it looks like I'm the only one on here who backed and wanted Cameron to win.
I stand by what I originally posted I think our current manager will not get us out of this league.

Now I know you're a troll!

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 61
arryarryarry
May 20, 2015, 12:43am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from sparko501

What? Seriously, you actually typed that?

Honestly, really think about what you are saying, 'stuck with him'? Who else would you like in charge? Who else would you like to be our chairman? It's not like people are lining up to take charge, be careful what you wish for, as a conference side we have it pretty sweet, to make changes now would be catastrophic  

Perhaps you would like to explain what is "sweet" about being a Conference side. Are you seriously suggesting you would rather be in the Conference than in the Football League.?

Private Message
Reply: 35 - 61
diehardmariner
May 20, 2015, 8:52am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from diehardmariner

ABUSE REMOVED

Hardly abuse!
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 61
promotion plaice
May 20, 2015, 9:07am

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,954
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from realist

green ticks....4       red crosses......94

That must be a record.....

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 61
Maringer
May 20, 2015, 9:44am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,141
Gold Stars: 180
Quoted from realist
Since when has a frustrated supporter been a troll?

When every post they make appears to be trolling.

Who's that trip-trapping over my bridge?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 61
Grimal
May 20, 2015, 10:16am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +2,850
Quoted from arryarryarry

Perhaps you would like to explain what is "sweet" about being a Conference side. Are you seriously suggesting you would rather be in the Conference than in the Football League.?

Would you rather us be in the conference or rather us have no club at all, if it wasnt for JF you wouldnt have that choice.I find it "sweet"to have a Football club in my home town to support,even at this level but obviously like everyone else would love to see us back in the football league.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 61
LondonMariner43
May 20, 2015, 10:40am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,891
Gold Stars: 64
Quoted from arryarryarry

I would say PH did pretty much everything humanly possible to get us promoted and until around 4.30 on Sunday I thought he would.  We lost out in the league because we started the season with massive issues around injury and suspension.  Hard to imagine that we started the season pinning our hopes on Alan Connell who has hardly played a game of football lower down the pyramid since, and scored no goals.  We were in close contention for automatic promotion until the final 2 weeks of the season.  We were the better team at Wembley and if extra time hadn't come to an end there was only one team going to win it.  It was noticeable how our side showed superior fitness at Wembley (thanks to PH maybe?) - towards the end Bristol were out on their knees - at one stage 3 players were down with cramp.  Most people acknowledge that a bit of backbone from the ref would have seen us 1-0 against 10 men with 70 minutes remaining.  Unfortunately PH couldn't take all the penalties, though he seems like the kind of bloke who would have taken one given the chance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 61
arryarryarry
May 20, 2015, 11:01am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Grimal

Would you rather us be in the conference or rather us have no club at all, if it wasnt for JF you wouldnt have that choice.I find it "sweet"to have a Football club in my home town to support,even at this level but obviously like everyone else would love to see us back in the football league.

I'd rather have had a chairman that had sacked Neil Woods before he was allowed to drag us out of the Football League.
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 61
TAGG
May 20, 2015, 11:51am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

"Fenty has put stupid amount of money into this club" you are right there mate stupid is the word. If he had not made so many stupid decisions while at the helm of GTFC may be he wouldn't have had to put as much money into the club. Also he seems to have done a very good job again with the club being 277,000k in the red this year.

"Hurst is not far off being our most successful manager we have ever had"
ye as successful as Bobby Roberts.

Paul Hurst
    Lincolnshire Senior Cup: 2011–12, 2012–13

See below for SUCCESS

Alan Buckley
    Division Four runners up, Promoted: 1990
    Division Three 3rd place, Promoted: 1991
    Auto Windscreens Shield winner: 1998
    Division Two Play-off winner: 1998

George Kerr
    Division 3 Champions 1980

Paul Hurst can come no where near these two as a Manager in honours or footballing style in a million years.

Not living in the past just pointing out the difference between my interpretation of success as opposed to the notion that losing in the play offs is success.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 61
diehardmariner
May 20, 2015, 11:57am
Vodka Drinker
Didn't we win the Lincs Cup this year too?  
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 61
psgmariner
May 20, 2015, 12:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 33
Hurst should not be beyond criticism.

He has made some huge mistakes this season and he has failed in his primary objective of getting us promoted. I think he has done really well to finally assemble a balanced and committed squad but obviously this was done far too late. Whether he will receive the same financial backing next season remains to be seen and I certainly think another terrible start to the season could see the knives out again.

Private Message
Reply: 44 - 61
TAGG
May 20, 2015, 12:20pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from diehardmariner
Didn't we win the Lincs Cup this year too?  

Wooops missed that one  

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 61
sparko501
May 20, 2015, 12:41pm
Shandy Drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry

Ermmm no, where in my post does it say that?

My point is that compared to other conference clubs we have good set up and I personally don't want that to change as I think it would make things worse, so I was just saying be careful what you wish for
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 61
arryarryarry
May 20, 2015, 1:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from sparko501

Ermmm no, where in my post does it say that?

My point is that compared to other conference clubs we have good set up and I personally don't want that to change as I think it would make things worse, so I was just saying be careful what you wish for

Ermmm you said :-

"as a conference side we have it pretty sweet"

Then I was asking you a question.

Private Message
Reply: 47 - 61
LH
May 20, 2015, 1:38pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
What's your point? Historically as a side that has played mostly in the upper reaches of the Football League we have it pretty excrement.

As it stands - we are a Conference side. Relatively speaking we do have it pretty sweet. High attendances, a team that has made the play offs three years on the bounce and we're not scratching around signing players who have been injured for most of the last two years.
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 61
FishOutOfWater
May 20, 2015, 1:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from realist

Got me thinking that I had seen somewhere this is Masturbation Month

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/national-masturbation-month/

Both of the May victories by the blue teams mean so far it's been totally w@nk...  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 49 - 61
arryarryarry
May 20, 2015, 3:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from LH
What's your point? Historically as a side that has played mostly in the upper reaches of the Football League we have it pretty excrement.

As it stands - we are a Conference side. Relatively speaking we do have it pretty sweet. High attendances, a team that has made the play offs three years on the bounce and we're not scratching around signing players who have been injured for most of the last two years.

Alright I will ask you the same question, do you prefer being out of the Football League?
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 61
kingster72
May 20, 2015, 4:55pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: -7
[quote=1133]

Fenty has killed our club! His record over the 10 years plus, that he has been a director is shambolic, both in and out of the boardroom.  If he was a director of any other company, the company would have gone bust through a lack of customers years ago, the fact that this is GTFC means some of us just cannot desert it.
Hurst deserves to stay, but Fenty must go.  All those saying he just keeps pumping money in and there is no one else willing to invest are in cuckoo land.  He has had many people willing to invest on the proviso he leaves the club, because they could not work with such an incompetent man.  I do not understand how any fan can support him?  Of the quote above, the only too words I agree go together are: Fenty & stupid.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 61
MuddyWaters
May 20, 2015, 5:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from LH

Not really sure that a debt of £3million and counting and a dilapidated stadium is all that sweet tbh
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 61
MuddyWaters
May 20, 2015, 5:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from realist

There are many ways in which frustration manifests itself. The reason I called you a troll (and don't forget there were many -me included who shared your opinion on PH) was that your comments came within 48 hours of us missing promotion by the narrowest of margins. You were clearly trying to stir up reaction. Anyone that was there knows that Bristol could and should have been down to 10, maybe even 9 men.

You talk of personal opinions and the election - totally irrelevant - this is a forum for football fans, how you or I or anyone else voted is not relevant to GTFC.
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 61
sparko501
May 20, 2015, 5:44pm
Shandy Drinker
Quoted from LH

Thank you That's exactly what i meant LH just couldn't put it across as well as you  

I never meant it to be 'sweet' in the conference I meant we have it pretty good compared to other clubs in our league.

No one wants us to be in the conference so I'm not quite sure why arryarry is even asking that question
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 61
Grimal
May 20, 2015, 6:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +2,850
Quoted from kingster72
[quote=1133]

Fenty has killed our club! His record over the 10 years plus, that he has been a director is shambolic, both in and out of the boardroom.  If he was a director of any other company, the company would have gone bust through a lack of customers years ago, the fact that this is GTFC means some of us just cannot desert it.
Hurst deserves to stay, but Fenty must go.  All those saying he just keeps pumping money in and there is no one else willing to invest are in cuckoo land.  He has had many people willing to invest on the proviso he leaves the club, because they could not work with such an incompetent man.  I do not understand how any fan can support him?  Of the quote above, the only too words I agree go together are: Fenty & stupid.

Errr !  I think if you dig deeper you will find he is a director of another company that is doing very well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 61
LH
May 20, 2015, 6:14pm

Quoted from arryarryarry

Alright I will ask you the same question, do you prefer being out of the Football League?

Did you read the first paragraph?

Of course £3m debt and Blundell Park aren't ideal but you can't have it all can you?
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 61
MuddyWaters
May 20, 2015, 6:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from LH

Did you read the first paragraph?

Of course £3m debt and Blundell Park aren't ideal but you can't have it all can you?

And that's the point - many of us remember the days when Chelsea, West Ham, Man City and Newcastle came to town. Boreham wood, Braintree and Barrow are a little less mouth-watering.
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 61
LH
May 20, 2015, 6:27pm

We've played all four of those in the last 20 years but only one in the league when they had their own period of playing below their level. I don't really get your point from not playing big teams in the cup anymore?
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 61
LostInSpace
May 20, 2015, 7:38pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +115
hi all sorry to say it but ,a rovers fan... but in inquisitive mode..... generally been reading your forum since xmas and been amused as it..at time mirrors what goes on on the rovers site, xxx ? out and he does better than whoever,, but now to ask you a sort of serious question as to just WHO  would you consider would be the team you would be fighting most to get out of the hell hole, i would think possibly Tranmere and Wrexham, apart from the two money spenders FGR and Eastleigh who i would imagine will be the  "nuisance" teams like this past campaign ... its good to see you are retaining your set up from this season, do really hope they will carry you through to the sunnier side of English football, best of luck ,,,, and keep the faith............ it will work out for you guys[and girls]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 61
Marinerz93
May 20, 2015, 8:38pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from LostInSpace
hi all sorry to say it but ,a rovers fan... but in inquisitive mode..... generally been reading your forum since xmas and been amused as it..at time mirrors what goes on on the rovers site, xxx ? out and he does better than whoever,, but now to ask you a sort of serious question as to just WHO  would you consider would be the team you would be fighting most to get out of the hell hole, i would think possibly Tranmere and Wrexham, apart from the two money spenders FGR and Eastleigh who i would imagine will be the  "nuisance" teams like this past campaign ... its good to see you are retaining your set up from this season, do really hope they will carry you through to the sunnier side of English football, best of luck ,,,, and keep the faith............ it will work out for you guys[and girls]

No need to be sorry, fans from other clubs are very welcome, well except Lincoln (Gimps) and Scumthorpe (dirty Scunts).

There will be some on here who will not have you saying that your fans forum mirrors ours, because they believe it is a Grimsby thing.

I hope you continue to enjoy visiting the fishy and who the fcuk is Irene  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 61
LostInSpace
May 20, 2015, 9:25pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +115
IRENE?  not a clue!! apparently it was an anthem at Plymouth Argyle many years ago, and seems that Rovers fans then adopted it and then adapted it to fit in with the Rovers name, but it is rather tedious i have to admit
and got sort of boring on Sunday,,,  there were several  groups of rovers fans dotted around, notably upper tier around the half way line trying to get some other sounds going, but too many  one day spectators were not willing to join in, had the same where i was ,just behind the goal line again upper tier[dizzy too!!!] but not a lot of joy in getting people to join in, the bonus of how your ticket sales went was that  you guys were all in together and generated a fantastic sound all through the game   and fair play to you all for that,  
think that see tickets were the wealthiest people at the end of the day @£3:00 a ticket x 47,029!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 61
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › looks like another 2 years in the conference

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.