7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
jonnyboy82
May 19, 2015, 2:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
If we bring in another manager and let's say he gets us to the playoffs then most would say he has been successful and needs another season to see what he can do.

Now I am the first to say Paul has had a very good crack at it and when is enough enough but I firmly believe that he will win this league next season.

We had playoff semis two years ago, playoff final season just gone and next season has to be one better which will be promotion as champions.

I just feel it , we can't make a change now lets back him I know he is the right man, our man  

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 61
ginnywings
May 19, 2015, 2:11pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Maringer
"realist" is just a troll. Best to ignore him/her/it.

The pragmatic style mentioned by ginny is what we've seen from pretty much all of the teams to win promotion since we've been down here. Crawley, Wimbledon, Fleetwood, Mansfield, Luton and Barnet were all big, strong teams with no great class but a good goalscorer winning them the points. Cambridge and Bristol Rovers based their games on an excellent defence and hard-work throughout the rest of the team. It's only really York who I can think of who actually played their way out of the division in a different style and they only just scraped through! Newport were OK (but only took 1 point off our average team) but squeezed through the play-offs.

We're half of the way there. If we can maintain or improve on our good defensive record next season whilst scoring a good few more goals, no reason we shouldn't be in with a shout.

Yeah, i've come to accept that pragmatic is the way forward in this league and we will have to stomach it before we get out of here, if we ever do.

As for Paul Hurst, i'm willing to bet that his win ratio is up there with our best managers, if not the best. Problem being that we've not had the results in a handful of crucial games for one reason or another. It's always a very fine line between success and failure unless you storm the league and i don't think many of our other managers have won any leagues outright. Finishing third in some leagues is automatic promotion and then he is hailed as a good manager, whereas down here, second is only a chance of glory through the play offs. He probably has the hardest job of any manager we've had with all the expectation and absolutely no margin for error. Sunday could have easily gone our way.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 61
Bignic69
May 19, 2015, 2:12pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +540
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from realist
With no breaking news of Hursts departure it looks like we are stuck with him for another season.
He hasn't been capable of getting us promoted the last two seasons and will be unable to do it next season.  Hurst and Fenty will kill this club. Two more seasons of this league will see to that.

Who would you replace Hurst with? Or Fenty for that matter? I cant think of anyone who i'd trust not to come in and totally dismantle the team spirit and togetherness that hurst has built. Get contracts sorted and top up the squad with 2-3 very good signings and we'll romp this league but continuity is the key.
Its all well and good saying get hurst and fenty out but use your fricking username and be realistic.

Back of the net
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 61
Quagmire
May 19, 2015, 2:16pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +926
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

and Hurst is not far off being our most successful manager we have ever had.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 61
arryarryarry
May 19, 2015, 2:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

Look at Gateshead ad halifax, in the play-offs last season, this season mid table, Hurst has got this ship steadied and we are constantly up at the top end of the table for the last 3 years

And where will they be next season, in the same crappy league that we are in.

Private Message
Reply: 14 - 61
arryarryarry
May 19, 2015, 2:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from jonnyboy82
If we bring in another manager and let's say he gets us to the playoffs then most would say he has been successful and needs another season to see what he can do.

Now I am the first to say Paul has had a very good crack at it and when is enough enough but I firmly believe that he will win this league next season.

We had playoff semis two years ago, playoff final season just gone and next season has to be one better which will be promotion as champions.

I just feel it , we can't make a change now lets back him I know he is the right man, our man  

To be honest I can't be arsed to go back and check but it would be interesting to found out who said that this season Hurst would get us promoted.

Private Message
Reply: 15 - 61
May 19, 2015, 2:45pm
Guest User
Quoted from realist
With no breaking news of Hursts departure it looks like we are stuck with him for another season.
He hasn't been capable of getting us promoted the last two seasons and will be unable to do it next season.  Hurst and Fenty will kill this club. Two more seasons of this league will see to that.

Go and support Scunthorpe, we don't need people like you.
Reply: 16 - 61
diehardmariner
May 19, 2015, 2:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,406
Gold Stars: 532
Quoted from realist

ABUSE REMOVED
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 61
MuddyWaters
May 19, 2015, 3:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Why are we feeding the troll?
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 61
GrahamH
May 19, 2015, 3:45pm

Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +3
Quoted from arryarryarry

To be honest I can't be arsed to go back and check but it would be interesting to found out who said that this season Hurst would get us promoted.

Well arryarryarry I was one of those who said PH would get us promoted this season, but I will stick with my view that he will get us into Lge 2, ok it will have to be next season now though. UTM  

[b][/b]UTM    
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 61
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › looks like another 2 years in the conference

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.