7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
May 19, 2015, 3:46pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
The most obvious answer to this is that there is no alternative. I can't think of another manager at this level who would do any better and in any case he's hardly likely to be sacked is he? Statistically Hurst is a good manager and any other Conference club would be happy to have him with his record over the past 3 years. He'll be here unless he gets a better offer.

The problem for Town is that statistics alone don't get you promoted. You need the ambition to aim for top spot and an ambitious budget to get the players to do it.

That's what we need to see before the new season and once we have seen what the ambitions of the club are, that would be the time to pass judgement on our chances, not now.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 61
MeanwoodMariner
May 19, 2015, 3:48pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Why are we feeding the troll?

This.

Realist is simply a wind up merchant and people shouldn't bite.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 61
arryarryarry
May 19, 2015, 3:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from GrahamH

Well arryarryarry I was one of those who said PH would get us promoted this season, but I will stick with my view that he will get us into Lge 2, ok it will have to be next season now though. UTM  

You are entitled to your opinion of course but it does make me smile when many come on here and say he will get us promoted. I don't know how anyone can say that at this stage when we don't even know what the squad will be or even if Hurst will be in charge.

Private Message
Reply: 22 - 61
MuddyWaters
May 19, 2015, 4:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
I'll hold my hands up and admit that I said we wouldn't get out of this tinpot league with PH as manager. That doesn't mean I don't support the club and the players by the way.

What I have to accept is that if Ross Joyce had made a correct (if difficult because of the occasion) decision on Sunday, we may well still be celebrating our return to League football. I still have issues with how the club is run - I firmly believe that some of our revenue from Sunday should be invested in improving our attacking and midfield options to go one step further without making major changes.

Bottom line is that PH should be given another season to succeed.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 61
GrahamH
May 19, 2015, 4:39pm

Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +3
Quoted from arryarryarry

You are entitled to your opinion of course but it does make me smile when many come on here and say he will get us promoted. I don't know how anyone can say that at this stage when we don't even know what the squad will be or even if Hurst will be in charge.

Yes fair point I am hoping PH is our Manager next season and hopefully we can keep the nucleus of the present team.

[b][/b]UTM    
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 61
Mrs Doyle
May 19, 2015, 4:45pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Rob Hurst as turned this club round into a team of players who believe in themselves, his loan signings have strengthened the squad physically and more important mentally. He booted out the bad apples and the spirit within the squad as been the best for years. This in turn as transfered to the fans who have had renewed faith in the club. This positive feeling MUST continue for us to stand any chance of getting out of here and Hurst as to be part of this.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 61
MuddyWaters
May 19, 2015, 4:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Paul Scott as turned this club round into a team of players who believe in themselves, his loan signings have strengthened the squad physically and more important mentally. He booted out the bad apples and the spirit within the squad as been the best for years. This in turn as transfered to the fans who have had renewed faith in the club. This positive feeling MUST continue for us to stand any chance of getting out of here and Hurst as to be part of this.  

I preferred Rob Hurst meself.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 61
Mrs Doyle
May 19, 2015, 4:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Bloody hell i need pensioning off cheers Codger  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 61
Jaws
May 19, 2015, 4:52pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
Must be up there as one of the best win percentages.

Anyway how about OP for TOTW?
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 61
MuddyWaters
May 19, 2015, 4:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Jaws
Must be up there as one of the best win percentages.

Anyway how about OP for TOTW?

I take it you mean Troll of The Week
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 61
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › looks like another 2 years in the conference

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.