Lincoln Mariner 56
May 4, 2015, 7:23pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from barralad
I've made no secret of my support for Paul Hurst since he was given the job solo. In previous seasons the team has gone off the boil once the new year has been reached. Paul has received criticism (maybe justified) for his loan signings at that time. The biggest sign of improvement is in who he has brought in during the latter part of this season. Only yesterday we were given a reminder of that. A loanee scores two of the goals and another puts his body on the line to keep the conceded column at zero.
BigChris hits the nail on the head regarding player continuity. Why would you put that at risk?
Most of the people who have replied have been broadly in the pro-Hurst camp. I'd be interested (genuinely) in the views of the very vociferous anti-Hurst camp from a few weeks ago.

Well Barra I was one of those, just after christmas though not a few weeks, but I cannot argue with our away form which I have said previously is unbelievable. My argument has been solely based on the level of entertainment and attacking options/ability in home games. Too often our performance for the whole game, are what we saw for the first 30 minutes yesterday, hence my disquiet. But I accept that we are in a results industry and his record is there for all to see.
I think this is the year we should have won the league and those dropped points in early home matches will be a major source of grief should we fall at the last hurdle.

In summary, he has put together a group of players who want to be here and are proud to wear the shirt, and I will not be looking for change this summer now no matter what the result at Wembley.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 41
fleabag1970
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
I'll Tell you what if we fail I bet Tranmere would come knocking if PH was un settled .

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 41
oldun

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
It is ok to debate whether PH should be retained, but don't let's forget  he may receive attractive offers from other clubs, so it is not just a case of what we would like. If we want him we have to show we value him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 41
sydney
May 4, 2015, 10:51pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
Agree
Stick with PH
Big test for us on the 17th but we have a chance, a window back to what everyone desires..
Lots of people have said to me that they can feel it this year, let's hope they are right.
Come on Town
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 41
Nelly GTFC
May 4, 2015, 11:08pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,736
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from fleabag1970
I'll Tell you what if we fail I bet Tranmere would come knocking if PH was un settled .
They're already lining up Gary Brabin for the job.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 41
arryarryarry
May 4, 2015, 11:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
3 scenarios for me,

1) We win then he stays

2) We go down fighting he possibly stays but if we are not challenging for top spot come the end of October he goes then.

3) We go out with a whimper then he goes.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 41
Garth
May 5, 2015, 9:56am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Paul Hurst stays for me regarding the result at Wembley, its a no brainer and a win win

Fail at Wembley retain manager and players who would be carrying massive hurt that will spur them on to win the league outright next season

Win at Wembley and see if we can do the same in League 2

Away games are our strength, so why is Wembley different UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 41
arryarryarry
May 5, 2015, 10:09am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Garth
Paul Hurst stays for me regarding the result at Wembley, its a no brainer and a win win

Fail at Wembley retain manager and players who would be carrying massive hurt that will spur them on to win the league outright next season

Win at Wembley and see if we can do the same in League 2

Away games are our strength, so why is Wembley different UTM

If we lose how the hell can it be "win win"

We would be consigned to spend another season in this frigging league and surely it would confirm that the squad wasn't good enough.

Let's hope we win to end all the speculation.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 41
grimsby pete
May 5, 2015, 10:51am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
I had my doubts about Paul earlier in the season,

Since then he has made good signings and has grown into the job,

When he gets us promoted I can see other clubs coming in for him,

I hope he stays and gets us another promotion,

People who are saying if we lose at Wembley he should go,

Are talking rubbish,

If we fail this year he stays imo,

AND

We go up as champions next year.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 41
Abdul19
May 5, 2015, 1:23pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,555
Gold Stars: 216
Hurst's first game was a 0-0 at Luton, but yes he's doing a good job. I can see the thinking behind wanting rid if we don't go up, but I'd stick with him. Who'd do a better job? Last thing we want would be another Rodger-type appointment.

All academic really, as we're going to win the final 12-0

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 41
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Paul Hurst - progress as a manager

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.