Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › well I never..
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 355 Guests

well I never..

This thread currently has 6,981 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
jonnyboy82
April 11, 2015, 5:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
Grimsby town bottle it in a game were the fans live in hope more than expectation..

We just can't cope in a game were the pressure is on us to win with great reward at the end.

Give us a game were we aren't under pressure taking away games as an example we can go to bar net and win go to eastleigh and win yet your telling me we can't beat Gateshead or Wrexham at home in two massive games well I'm sorry that's a mental problem nothing to do with ability.

So copulated off that yet again a Paul hurst team can't do the business when we need to.

Paul you better sort out this seemingly weak mentality problem for the play offs  because you won't get another chance (if anyone has any sense)

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
MuddyWaters
April 11, 2015, 5:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,882
Gold Stars: 230
Well at least in interview he's admitted they were shite. Seven home defeats is actually relegation form and completely underlines that a negative away-style formation is what he plays. Not good enough and not acceptable.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 42
chaos33
April 11, 2015, 5:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Sadly it's hard to disagree. Doesn't bode well for the play offs does it.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 42
Maringer
April 11, 2015, 6:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
I don't think the formation can really be blamed too much today.

The players were bloody rubbish, pretty much to a man, so I don't think we'd have won regardless of the formation.

I know conditions were difficult but Wrexham dealt with them a good deal better than us. They can't be up to much as they didn't create many chances despite our dreadful performance.

Any team which can perform like that in an important home match can't be trusted to find their way through the play-offs.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 42
Tinymariner
April 11, 2015, 6:15pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from Maringer
I don't think the formation can really be blamed too much today.

The players were bloody rubbish, pretty much to a man, so I don't think we'd have won regardless of the formation.

I know conditions were difficult but Wrexham dealt with them a good deal better than us. They can't be up to much as they didn't create many chances despite our dreadful performance.

Any team which can perform like that in an important home match can't be trusted to find their way through the play-offs.  

Can you expand upon the difficult conditions?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 42
friskneymariner
April 11, 2015, 6:16pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
Its business as usual we cannot play against a physical team who do not give us time on the ball.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 42
Mariner Timsky
April 11, 2015, 6:18pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,535
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Tinymariner

Can you expand upon the difficult conditions?

Windy

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 42
Rick12
April 11, 2015, 6:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Like Paul but you cant change the essence of who  someone is.Had we had a different manager with this squad could we have been in a better position than we are now I tend to think so.However like others have said deserves credit for assembling a decent team and has some good qualities as a person which if I was good enough to play as pro would like to play for him as opposed to say Allen of Barnet.Hence for this reason I hope he proves some people wrong(including me) and gets us the promotion now via the playoffs   UTM

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 42
Tinymariner
April 11, 2015, 6:22pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from Mariner Timsky

Windy

Ok, so play it to feet along the deck? IMO there is not one acceptable excuse for that performance, terrible. However, onwards to next weekend. UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 42
Maringer
April 11, 2015, 6:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
Quoted from Tinymariner

Ok, so play it to feet along the deck? IMO there is not one acceptable excuse for that performance, terrible. However, onwards to next weekend. UTM

One of those swirling winds going different directions all over the pitch, but no doubt that Wrexham dealt with it better. No end of our headers/clearances/passes went straight into touch but fewer of theirs did.

Very disappointing to see us just lumping it long for the last 20 minutes or so. That showed just how poorly the midfield were doing with controlling and passing the ball. Their midfield was much, much better than ours today in every aspect of the game and that is what won it for them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 42
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › well I never..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.