Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › well I never..
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 94 Guests

well I never..

This thread currently has 7,018 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
barralad
April 12, 2015, 3:49pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from maxfox44
Before today's game I had settled for POs and unfortunately that had turned out to be the position.
I'm not a fan of PH or the negativity and caution that seems to surround him. But I don't think any extra blame can be laid at his door today.
Wrexham like us and other ex league clubs seem to raise their game against similar teams. Today they had no pressure on them at all. Stepped up their game in a bid to prevent us getting out of this tinpot affair.  It's a shame we couldn't have scored first.

All in all, it would have nice to have taken the chance of the title to the last day, but now we have that awful period of waiting for the play off matches. Let's all stick together give PH our support and win at Wembley in May.

Where teams like Wrexham are concerned I think there is no such thing as a "nothing to play for game". Like us they will have a lot of players on short term contracts who'll be fighting for a new one next year.....

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 42
MuddyWaters
April 12, 2015, 4:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from barralad

Where teams like Wrexham are concerned I think there is no such thing as a "nothing to play for game". Like us they will have a lot of players on short term contracts who'll be fighting for a new one next year.....

Why did our players play like that then?
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 42
rancido
April 12, 2015, 4:24pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,567
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from barrattstandman
The problem is the team seem to have as much passion as PH shows in the dug out . This must surely transfer out to the players.

But what about our away games - does the same thing apply , especially some of the harder games like Barnet!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 42
barralad
April 12, 2015, 4:27pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from rancido

But what about our away games - does the same thing apply , especially some of the harder games like Barnet!

Of course it does! P.H. jumps about, runs up and down the line arms flailing at away games...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 42
rancido
April 12, 2015, 4:29pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,567
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Why did our players play like that then?

And there lays the conundrum. You would have thought our players would be performing to get a League contract next season with the increased salary that could involve. We keep seeing lots of statements on here about PH inspiring the squad more but surely the individuals must accept some part in this. It's not as if yesterday one or two had off days - they all did!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 42
MuddyWaters
April 12, 2015, 4:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Interesting that you get the pathetic red cross for even mentioning it. Our players, and manager for that, are playing for their next contract.

I'll hold my hands up, there's been several games this season that I've not been to simply because of the negative way in which we set up at home. We had a team and a set-up early season with Neilson playing behind two strikers that wreaked havoc. Arnold could have easily played that role. Mackreth came to BP more than once with Macclesfield and ripped Aswad to bits. Why isn't he doing it for us?

Posted it more than once on here, our squad is good enough to urine this poxy league but isn't positive enough. Away form immaculate, home form moderate.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 42
MeanwoodMariner
April 12, 2015, 4:47pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Posted it more than once on here, our squad is good enough to urine this poxy league but isn't positive enough. Away form immaculate, home form moderate.

Where does this belief come from? If it is true then massive credit to Hurst for assembling the best squad despite 4 or 5 teams having bigger budgets than we have.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 42
MuddyWaters
April 12, 2015, 4:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner

Where does this belief come from? If it is true then massive credit to Hurst for assembling the best squad despite 4 or 5 teams having bigger budgets than we have.  

Because of the way we've beaten top teams when it's mattered. We seem to go all billybigbollox when we're playing teams who we should beat. We were a striker light early season and we're a striker light every time Lenny starts because he's not a striker. I stated on here early season that I believed that ultimately Paul Hursts obsession with him would ultimately cost him his job, I'd love to be proved wrong.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 42
chaos33
April 12, 2015, 5:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,928
Gold Stars: 357
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner

Care to name these 4 or 5 teams that you know have bigger budgets than we have?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 42
MeanwoodMariner
April 12, 2015, 5:22pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from chaos33

Care to name these 4 or 5 teams that you know have bigger budgets than we have?

Sure. Bristol Rovers, Forest Green, Eastleigh, Gateshead, Telford and Alfreton.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 42
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › well I never..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.