grimsby pete
March 17, 2015, 11:19am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
I am sorry for all the abuse you have been getting on here this week,

I think it is a bit over the top but it's mainly because us fans are frustrated with losing 2 points,

I do honestly think you are too defensive minded so I suggest you follow the old saying,

Fortune follows the Brave,

You might say there are not many managers here on the Fishy,

That's true but I have followed Town for 60 years and I know what a good manager is,

You have got it in you to be a good manager just be a little braver and tell your players,

When we are 2-0 up put the game to bed by scoring a third or fourth,

We know you read The Fishy so if you do not agree with this post just remember this,

Good managers learn by their mistakes,

Anyway lets hope you are our manager next year in L2.

PS   Tell Chris Doig I can see him as a manager in the coming years,

Up  The Mariners !!!!!!!!!

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
diehardmariner
March 17, 2015, 11:39am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,400
Gold Stars: 532
Was it Hurst or Scott who can use a computer?
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 40
arryarryarry
March 17, 2015, 1:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,042
Gold Stars: 116
There may have been some personal abuse but from what I have read the majority have questioned his decision making and yes some including me have called it a crap decision.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 40
Jaws
March 17, 2015, 2:00pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
The fans should be entitled to think.say whatever they want. It's the fans that have ploughed money into this club for decades, not Hurst.

Under Hurst the club has never made any money or progressed. It's us fans that pay his wages and keep some revenue still going to the club.

We'll still be here in 10 years (if the club is), no matter how well he does I can guarantee he won't be.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 40
Biccys
March 17, 2015, 2:16pm
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from Jaws
The fans should be entitled to think.say whatever they want. It's the fans that have ploughed money into this club for decades, not Hurst.

Under Hurst the club has never made any money or progressed. It's us fans that pay his wages and keep some revenue still going to the club.

We'll still be here in 10 years (if the club is), no matter how well he does I can guarantee he won't be.

Really???

So IF we go up this year, consolidate in a healthy mid-table slot next season, challenge for play offs and make it up after that and then storm league 1 into the Championship where we consistently scare the big sides there and dally with the top reaches of the play offs and make it into the Premier league in 8 years time, you'd sack him.....?

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 4 - 40
Caesar
March 17, 2015, 2:28pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
Quoted from Biccys

Really???

So IF we go up this year, consolidate in a healthy mid-table slot next season, challenge for play offs and make it up after that and then storm league 1 into the Championship where we consistently scare the big sides there and dally with the top reaches of the play offs and make it into the Premier league in 8 years time, you'd sack him.....?

Of course, Hurst out banners would flood the Peaks Parkway stadium as all around fans demanded the job be given to our new right back who with just over 100 appearances in professional football is clearly the man for the job.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 40
arryarryarry
March 17, 2015, 2:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,042
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Biccys

Really???

If we are 2-0 up in any of those games with 15 minutes to go and he brings Parslow on then yes.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 40
mimma
March 17, 2015, 3:00pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,568
Gold Stars: 78
It was the Chester substitutions that made the bigger impact on the outcome.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 40
excusebeef
March 17, 2015, 3:07pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +296
I still say at the time, he made the right decision on the sub. Most teams would park the bus at 4-5-1, just like what others do a BP against us. Difference was we didn't keep the ball like PH said. It wasn't the change that did us, it was how we played after the sub was made. In hindsight, yes its the wrong choice. You only get one chance to get it right.

He even said Ollie was coming back from injury, if the Shop was on the bench he would have gone on instead and we then play 4-5-1. Instead it was long ball to an already tired Pitman.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 40
ginnywings
March 17, 2015, 3:30pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Biccys

Really???

Hurst as the new Dario Gradi.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 40
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FAO   Paul Hurst

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.