Teestogreen
March 18, 2015, 10:14pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -131
Gold Stars: 22
You are a true fan male private

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 40
KingstonMariner
March 18, 2015, 10:33pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.09
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Criticism is a perfectly valid option. Personal abuse isn't as I'm sure we'd all agree. I've rarely seen any on this board. I think claims of outrageous personal abuse are blown out of all proportion. There's very little evidence of malicious abuse on here. Heartfelt angst and criticism yes. Plenty. Personal abuse, not much.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 40
Jaws
March 19, 2015, 2:14am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from Jaws
The fans should be entitled to think.say whatever they want. It's the fans that have ploughed money into this club for decades, not Hurst.

Under Hurst the club has never made any money or progressed. It's us fans that pay his wages and keep some revenue still going to the club.

We'll still be here in 10 years (if the club is), no matter how well he does I can guarantee he won't be.

Let me clarify my points, as it has been received in the wrong context I feel.

The fans should be entitled to think/say whatever they want - by this I meant criticism of tactics, player selection, formation, statements. At no point did I mean abuse or defamation of character of anyone related to the club. Relating to the Tesco example, yes you should be entitled to complain and say what you think of a poor product, but this doesn't entitle you to swear, throw alleged item at a shop-worker.

We shouldn't be calling Hurst/anyone related with the club a clown, useless or any other insult but we are entitled to disagree with his way of thinking or decisions made. Also remember that working in a public facing job when 3,000 people pay to see your work that it should be open to positive/negative criticism. I'm sure we all had our views on the budget, given that it's our taxes and I'm sure people make posts criticising/praising Osbourne. Well I've paid towards the upkeep of my club and I should be allowed my view on decisions made by the club (of which Hurst is a highly visible represenittive)

Regarding the he won't be here in 10 years comment. This wasn't a dig, generally anyone at a club doing well for a few seasons will be poached by someone above for more money ala Slade. If we got up to the Championship in consecutive seasons with this squad and manager, they'd all be poached. Another example is Bennett.

I have been busy and have only just read the posts, I hope this clear things up.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 40
DickBarton
March 19, 2015, 6:19am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Approval: -355
Quoted from Teestogreen
You are a true fan male private

Why  male private?

Criticise me as much as anyone else but cut the personal abuse!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 40
grimsby pete
March 19, 2015, 10:48am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from DickBarton

Why  male private?

Criticise me as much as anyone else but cut the personal abuse!

Bloody swear filter , to say male private without it coming out as male private,

You have to say  Di ck  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 40
DickBarton
March 19, 2015, 12:42pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Approval: -355
Quoted from grimsby pete

Bloody swear filter , to say male private without it coming out as male private,

You have to say  Di ck  

Why the personal abuse my friend?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 40
rancido
March 19, 2015, 4:26pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,517
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from arryarryarry
Respect is a two way street, treat your customers like crap, then don't complain when they bite back.

And visa versa !

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 40
rancido
March 19, 2015, 4:34pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,517
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Criticism is a perfectly valid option. Personal abuse isn't as I'm sure we'd all agree. I've rarely seen any on this board. I think claims of outrageous personal abuse are blown out of all proportion. There's very little evidence of malicious abuse on here. Heartfelt angst and criticism yes. Plenty. Personal abuse, not much.

I'm amazed you haven't seen much evidence of malicious abuse on here because I certainly have! I have seen fans being accused of  "being up JF's bottom " because they have agreed with something he has said. PH has been called clueless, a clown and many other derogatory things. That is personal abuse and could be interpreted as malicious.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 40
somersetmariner
March 19, 2015, 5:12pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +7 / -7
Approval: +253
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from grimsby pete

You have to say  Di ck  

There is no personal abuse male private. male private is your name. if you have a swear filter on it displays male private as male private.......jesus, and to think you're in charge of our future.

you can take the boy out of grimsby......but you can't take grimsby out of his soul, his blood, his semen!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 40
KingstonMariner
March 19, 2015, 5:43pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.09
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from rancido

I'm amazed you haven't seen much evidence of malicious abuse on here because I certainly have! I have seen fans being accused of  "being up JF's bottom " because they have agreed with something he has said. PH has been called clueless, a clown and many other derogatory things. That is personal abuse and could be interpreted as malicious.

I said there's very little personal abuse. Not that there isn't any.

I think that the amount of abuse has been blown out of proportion - both volume and degree. It's not that bad and it is a football message board so there's going to be a lot of "rough and ready" language. Some of that language is probably over the top and some....well has a degree of justification if a little robust. A lot of it is heat of the moment stuff and not malicious attacks. I suspect some of it reflects frustration built up over the week in "real life" when folk cannot give full vent t their feelings, so it should be taken with a pinch of salt. Football has been a pressure valve like this for generations - people show their emotions more extravagantly than they might do in other areas of life. If it becomes another area where people are afraid to show their emotions then they'll drift away.

Different people will draw the line of acceptability in different places. If Paul Hurst or anyone else is upset by what people write on here they can take it up with the poster. I doubt he reads it.

There's been plenty of criticism on the other hand.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 40
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FAO   Paul Hurst

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.