This thread currently has 8,748 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
LH
February 27, 2015, 10:52pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,503
Gold Stars: 173
I asked earlier in the thread. No replies. The Pontoon was originally built using money raised by the fans. What better way can we show we're a community club in need of a community stadium?
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 75
H19P1
February 27, 2015, 10:54pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +710
Not sure obviously depends on how many seats are required at an area of BP that has been given authorisation to do this. Ie pontoon centre section or findus lower?

Think it's an action for the Mariners Trust to take to the board to discuss and then get the go ahead for prices.

Once a location is agreed, a quotation to be obtained then the trust to organise funding from the fans.

I and most on this forum would chip in, I'm sure of if.

Local businesses could be approached as well and I've already emailed Nick as I've work related contacts.

We can do this together but needs coordinating good and proper through a committee or trust.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 75
GiveUsAG
February 27, 2015, 10:57pm

Neither above nor beneath
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +530
Quoted from LH
I asked earlier in the thread. No replies. The Pontoon was originally built using money raised by the fans. What better way can we show we're a community club in need of a community stadium?

Totally agree.  

[IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/mvnser.png[/IMG]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 75
promotion plaice
February 27, 2015, 11:02pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,049
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from H19P1
Not sure obviously depends on how many seats are required at an area of BP that has been given authorisation to do this. Ie pontoon centre section or findus lower?

Think it's an action for the Mariners Trust to take to the board to discuss and then get the go ahead for prices.

Once a location is agreed, a quotation to be obtained then the trust to organise funding from the fans.

I and most on this forum would chip in, I'm sure of if.

Local businesses could be approached as well and I've already emailed Nick as I've work related contacts.

We can do this together but needs coordinating good and proper through a committee or trust.

Maybe the Football Supporters Federation could help on pricing ( Safe Standing Roadshow ) front of picture
[IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/28ja3o8.jpg[/IMG]

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 75
H19P1
February 27, 2015, 11:06pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +710
I’d like to do a survey at my club – where do I start?
There’s no one size fits all model, clubs are unique in that respect, but there are general rules to follow. If you are planning on doing this please let us know – we can provide advice, contacts, and the safe standing survey format used by Anne-Marie.
Speak to all the “stakeholders” at your club. Think of supporters’ clubs and trusts, fanzines, websites, forums, blogs, local papers and local journalists.
Don’t forget the club itself – in Anne Marie’s case they were very supportive – your first port of call is probably the Supporter Liaison Officer. If you want to survey fans inside the ground, or on adjacent property, you’ll need their permission. Even if they don’t give that, it’s a good way to introduce yourself and the concept of the survey. Always be polite, always be reasonable, and always be persistent.
Online is fine but for club-specific surveys there’s no reason you can’t get out and about to hit pre-match pubs and other areas where fans gather in decent numbers. A cynic might suggest that online surveys can be self-selecting, if you’re in favour of safe standing you’re more likely to fill it in, but that criticism can be tackled if you’ve got loads of “real world” responses.
Fair representation of your club’s support is important too. Find out the proportion of your club’s female support and try to ensure your survey replicates that. Speak to all age ranges and involve any disabled supporters’ groups. It’s also worth surveying different areas of the ground, while the Family Stand isn’t going to be turned into a safe standing area it’s important to know what those fans think.
Keep us informed of progress and publication dates. We can pass on to any local media contacts and cover via the FSF website, Fan Mail ebulletin, Twitter @The_FSF, and FSF Facebook page.
- See more at: http://www.fsf.org.uk/latest-news/view/case-study-safe-standing-survey#sthash.W8kLOBaM.dpuf
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 75
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 28, 2015, 12:51pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
genuine question, the safe standing has seats that are easily usable, but if you are sat down and the person in the front row are stood, will you still be able to see ?

thanks

Ridiculous comment. It's for when we play in the champions league

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 75
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Safe Standing In The Pontoon

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.