8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
immariner
February 26, 2015, 11:44am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,387
Gold Stars: 59
Would people please read the link properly before posting? In the event of promotion the club would need to revert back to seating if it installed traditional terracing, which it is not planning to do; it is planning to install new safe standing, which incorporates seats within it.

I think making the right side of the Pontoon standing without a windguard wouldn't achieve the aim of improving atmosphere. As someone else said people do currently stand in that area and sound will still be lost. It would need to be installed at the other end, which would encourage atmosphere in the Findus, in the middle, or the whole stand to be a worthwhile venture for more than the 200 or so people who would stand there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 75
bradzmilne
February 26, 2015, 11:58am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,359
Gold Stars: 29
First of all, I give absolute credit to the club. They've took the opinions of the fans on board and actually acted upon it, for that I think we can all agree the club needs a massive pat on the back.
This said, if this all illusive stadium really is on the horizon... Surely revamping a small area on the Pontoon is the last place we should be spending money? I'm not faulting the club at all though and like I've just said its very refreshing for our club too actual take into account the opinions of fans as it seems very rare practice through football clubs these days just seems an interesting way to spend money.
Well done all involved never the less.
UTM

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 75
BIGChris
February 26, 2015, 12:25pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.98
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from bradzmilne
First of all, I give absolute credit to the club. They've took the opinions of the fans on board and actually acted upon it, for that I think we can all agree the club needs a massive pat on the back.
This said, if this all illusive stadium really is on the horizon... Surely revamping a small area on the Pontoon is the last place we should be spending money? I'm not faulting the club at all though and like I've just said its very refreshing for our club too actual take into account the opinions of fans as it seems very rare practice through football clubs these days just seems an interesting way to spend money.
Well done all involved never the less.
UTM

Reading the article I dont think the club are looking to spend any money. They are looking for someone to sponsor the work, i.e. pay for it in return for advertising.

Very pleased that the Mariners Trust took the lead on this. Good to see the Trusts influence growing IMO
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 75
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 26, 2015, 12:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,759
Gold Stars: 177
Out of interest BC has any figure been banded around for such improvements???

Haven't had time to read the whole context of the article yet.

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 75
KK_DOG
February 26, 2015, 12:32pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +472
I think it's a great idea for those that want to stand. Won't affect me because I prefer to sit and have a side view rather than behind the goal. Is it going to cause a problem with some of the season ticket holders in the pontoon that want to sit ? Hopefully they will be happy to move if required but it is a consideration.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 75
bradzmilne
February 26, 2015, 12:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,359
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from BIGChris

Reading the article I dont think the club are looking to spend any money. They are looking for someone to sponsor the work, i.e. pay for it in return for advertising.

Very pleased that the Mariners Trust took the lead on this. Good to see the Trusts influence growing IMO

Admittedly I must have missed that part of the article, whoops  

That said however, it has to come out of some firms or financial backers pocket. Realistically are we going to find any business that is going to invest "x" amount into a project that could potentially be destructed within a few years? I wouldn't have any idea how much it is likely to cost but regardless how small or large the cost is, I think we might struggle to find the sponsorship money but fair play to the club for at least looking into it and I maybe completely wrong.

Agree with what you say about the trust though Chris, for many years it was said about our club that our customer service was poor. The trust have completely transformed this which just shows the power of having the supporters voice on the board. From the away fans acclaimed bars to the themed nights they've been responsible for - they have really in my opinion improved not only match day experience but the overall feel of satisfaction of supporting our club. In my honest opinion anyone that can afford to join that trust that isn't a member now should seriously question themselves.
UTM

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 75
LH
February 26, 2015, 12:52pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
Is it just business sponsorship they're after or could fans back it financially?
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 75
Caesar
February 26, 2015, 1:02pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,794
Can someone on here point me in the direction of the exact rules on terraces in the football league.  I have read the article and think it is great to be part of a trial for safe standing i.e. not terracing.  The club and the Trust deserve great credit for this move and certainly have my thanks.

But the article states that iff promoted we would not be able to use terracing hence us going for safe standing rail seats.  But I thought Leagues 1 and 2 could have normal terracing, Barnet built the Hive for example with intent presumably to play in the league, and Carlisle and Peterborough Fleetwood and the Scunts all have terraced and play in the league do they not.  Once again I back us going for safe standing anyway I just am confused about the actual rules I think.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 75
KK_DOG
February 26, 2015, 1:07pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +472
Safe standing could be a fantastic opportunity for a business to sponsor. With it being relatively new it could potentially attract a lot of interest and publicity one installed at Blundell Park.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 75
headingly_mariner
February 26, 2015, 1:11pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
I think it's the start of a great idea, although as I have said the right side of the pontoon alone wouldn't really improve the atmosphere, but it's great the club is looking into this and could be at the forefront of safe standing. It might be worth the Club approaching the football supporters federation as this is high on their agenda and although they aren't loaded they might want to sponsor the pontoon and use it as a shining example of safe standing.

If they converted the pontoon to Safe Standing I would be switching my season ticket straight across.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 75
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Safe Standing In The Pontoon

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.