8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
biggles9999
February 26, 2015, 4:29pm
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +367
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
genuine question, the safe standing has seats that are easily usable, but if you are sat down and the person in the front row are stood, will you still be able to see ?

thanks

Can you see if somebody stands up infront of you while youre sat down now?

I highly doubt that the safe standing 'seats' will be an extra 2 foot up in the air.....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 75
rancido
February 26, 2015, 4:30pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,560
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
genuine question, the safe standing has seats that are easily usable, but if you are sat down and the person in the front row are stood, will you still be able to see ?

thanks

As I understand it the seats can either be all locked up or down depending on the circumstances. It won't be a case of whoever is sitting there making that decision but the club.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 75
nomorefourfiveone
February 26, 2015, 4:39pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +89
Gold Stars: 8
I've been using the pontoon (I prefer being behind a goal) for over 40 years and am very happy (now) sitting down - we've built up a little group of what have become friends and I like the idea that I have my own seat, regardless of what time I turn up, with the same people around me. I would be quite upset if that had to change. I suppose that's why they have earmarked the 'far right' (maybe a better description is available? end of the stand - where the noisy fans go and not the whole stand and risk alienating the silent (in more ways than one) majority.

I am, of course, assuming that when they refer to the 'right' they are talking about the right when looking from the pitch?
Strange how the 'singing section' has migrated towards the river - when I were a lad (etc etc) it was directly behind the goal....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 75
promotion plaice
February 26, 2015, 4:52pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,026
Gold Stars: 194
Quoted from biggles9999

Can you see if somebody stands up infront of you while youre sat down now?

I highly doubt that the safe standing 'seats' will be an extra 2 foot up in the air.

[IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/2vseq8l.jpg[/IMG]

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 75
February 26, 2015, 5:40pm
Guest User
Quoted from LH
Hopefully whichever company sponsors it gets their logo on a big intercourse off bit of metal to close off the open side in the Pontoon to keep the noise in.

Serious question for Nick Dale. Have the club actually looked into this, I personally think it would make a massive difference in terms of an atmosphere.
Reply: 44 - 75
Jaws
February 26, 2015, 5:40pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
Can't the money be used to fill-in the sides and improve the acoustics. I'd chuck in £50 for that.
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 75
promotion plaice
February 26, 2015, 5:58pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,026
Gold Stars: 194

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 75
grimsby pete
February 26, 2015, 6:09pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

thanks

No but if the bloke behind you is standing and you are sitting then you will,

Hope that helps.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 75
alvinghammariner
February 26, 2015, 6:28pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +32 / -7
Approval: +114
Quoted from promotion plaice

The Daily Mail love us at the minute!

Now based in reading, do I class as an exile yet?
http://twitter.com/#!/HenryBarber
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 75
ginnywings
February 26, 2015, 6:31pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Can we have cushions in the upper? Those seats play havoc with my arthritic knees and hips.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 75
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Safe Standing In The Pontoon

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.