February 21, 2015, 7:23pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
Just back home in Suffolk,

That was the best away game I have been to for a long time,

We outplayed the top team for the whole game apart from a 10-15 mins after Half Time,

We passed  the ball really well and looked the only side that was going to win,

Our fans were fantastic I saw a Dino, a blow up doll, a few flamingo's and Harry Haddocks, 2 dicks, a hammer, zimmer frame, plenty of balls,

Plus I had a little maid and a cricket bat,

My granddaughter Miss Mariner will put some pics on later,

Barnet will not win the league so we could be back there in the play offs,

One final word, Jolley took his goal well and had a good game plus Mackreth had a really good game,

All the players did well but I thought I would mention them two as they have been getting some stick on here.

Up The Mariner's !!!!!!!!!!!

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 63
Teesknees
February 21, 2015, 7:39pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,596
Gold Stars: 18
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 63
cmackenzie4
February 21, 2015, 7:40pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.26
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Glad you got back safe and enjoyed yourself Pete.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 63
Caesar
February 21, 2015, 7:41pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
I feel there needs to be 2 threads for todays game, one to discuss the atmosphere and the fans, the other about the game.

I am too high from the amazing atmosphere and result to properly discuss performance to be honest, will try that later.  Thought it was going to be a great atmosphere when I saw Hagrid's Dino in a Town shirt.  As more and more inflatables poured in could see there was loads of us up for it.  Sure enough everyone was really up for it, goal helped really boost the atmosphere but even when Barnet got one back and looked the better side for a bit we were still singing loud and proud.  The late winners just made it though, feel it was what the fans deserved who were fantastic all the way through, about as proud as I have been to be a Town fan.  One of those games where you do really feel that the fans dragged the team on to be better which was great!  

Final word on crowd and Stewarding.  Thought Barnet stewards were excellent, a real example to those unmentionables at Forest Green.  Really polite with me as I entered the ground with my inflatable, enjoyed the spirit of the inflatables and late on when Town fans were ecstatic and understandably pressing forward, they were firm and handled the crowd well but from what I saw no rough handling at all.  They were a very important part of how the atmosphere would go today and they really helped to ensure it was a positive atmosphere.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 63
grimsby pete
February 21, 2015, 7:41pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from cmackenzie4
Glad you got back safe and enjoyed yourself Pete.

Thanks Chris, just open a bottle of red to celebrate.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 63
mariner91
February 21, 2015, 8:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,641
Gold Stars: 261
Top stuff from our fans. My God if we get to the play offs and get Forest Green it is going to be some day!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 63
Belfast Town
February 21, 2015, 8:35pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +1,693
Gold Stars: 19
Loved every minute of it today.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 63
KingstonMariner
February 21, 2015, 8:36pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Got to echo what Caesar said about the stewards. I thought they handled it very sensibly, not diving in to the scrum behind the goal when others would have. I was a bit lairy when they were frisking us on the way in ("who are you expecting today, Al Qaeda") and his colleague just calmly explained they'd had a bit of bother with flares earlier in the season and weren't taking any more chances. Fair play.

Great atmosphere throughout the game.

Magnay was imperious. Makreth did fantastically well to race to get to the ball before it went off for a goal kick - I though the defender who was easily bigger than him would stop Jack getting the ball. 1-0. Dom Jolley looked lively first half but petered out second, as did the Shop. We sat back a bit too much after half time and their player should never have been given the chance to shoot. Arnold was action-packed and JPP when he came on was the spark we needed. Pearson and Toto were rarely troubled and I was impressed by Robertson. When we took the game to them after the dodgy spell (to be honest I thought "oh here we go" after they equalised) there was only one winner. We kept going when it counted.

I only counted 3 shots on target for them and a couple off. 3 did not flatter us and with a better ref we could have had more - their CB was all over Shop, holding him like he was a Sean Pearson tribute act.  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 63
RoboCod
February 21, 2015, 8:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from mariner91
Top stuff from our fans. My God if we get to the play offs and get Forest Green it is going to be some day!

Would FGR fans take inflatable trees or inflatable veggie burgers?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 63
forza ivano
February 21, 2015, 8:38pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,172
Gold Stars: 265
Excellent summary from punk mariner. Just to add mckeown should've done better with the shot. Pearson  Arnold magnat and the shop were outstanding.jolley started well and was an excellent substitution from hurst as he was fading.fast.pittman made a huge difference.not at all sure about Robertson. Mackreth was also a top performer.best game I've seen him play.had the left back tied up in knots glad we've done brizzell a big favour and hope n think they'll overhaul a very underwhelming barnet
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 63
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.