Rodley Mariner
February 22, 2015, 8:44am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
Quoted from forza ivano

This and punks summaries are spot on. Ps what this about criticism of Arnold? He was excellent, apart from the miss of course!

Read the match thread and Arnold and Clay were this week's scapegoats!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 63
forza ivano
February 22, 2015, 9:17am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

Just shows the weakness of people basing opinions upon what they've heard in commentary. If we are looking for negatives Robertson wasn't very good whilst toto and mckeown were at fault for the goal.
One thing that hasn't been mentioned was pittmans superb reverse pass to Arnold (?) .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 63
barralad
February 22, 2015, 9:27am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,268
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

I think the problem for people listening on the radio is that not everything that happens can possibly be reported. A player gets a couple of mentions for mistakes and immediately people are pushing forward their preferred option for that position. In it's own way the match thread puts into writing what a lot of us who are at games are thinking. The reaction from those around me when Arnold missed was "We will live to regret that" I feared the worst after their equaliser but nothing I've witnessed since Liverpool in 2001 comes close to that last five minutes or so...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 63
Garth
February 22, 2015, 10:24am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from EY Mariner

Just written an email to Barnet to offer my thanks to those stewards aswell, who I thought were absolutely first class. I'm not sure we would have benefited from that sort of stewarding at many grounds with such a large and varied away following.

As for the game, fantastic result. MUST WIN TUESDAY!!!!!

Agree shame about the two arrests though in a what was always going to be a carnival day affair, going on the pitch I believe.

The whole scene looked fantastic from the corner of the West Stand and play was held up twice briefly to clear up animals, hammers and rude women from the penalty area
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 63
nickmariners
February 22, 2015, 10:47am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +513
Gold Stars: 4
What a great day - brilliant performance from the team and the travelling fans - yeah, and even from the cheery & helpful stewards.  Lots of mates present.  At the moment it's hard to remember a more enjoyable recent match, and I'm still a bit giddy about it all this morning, and dying to see the last 2 goals online, as our view was totally obliterated by plastic ladies, penguins and bananas -- but we sort of sensed the goals - it just felt like we were going to score from the players' momentum and from the fans' fantastic urging.

Town's tactics were spot on - PH has Barnet properly figured out, as we saw at BP too.  Our first half pressing, win-every-second-ball, up-tempo "home team-style" approach really unsettled Barnet.  Some on here have said Barnet were a bit 'poor' -- I think that was entirely the result of our tactics and execution: they were only as good as we allowed them to be, and naturally Barnet came out of the blocks better in 2nd half.

Loved the players' happiness at the end too - Magnay and Diz in particular came over to the fans so pumped up.  This is exactly the attitude that we like to see.

Shame that one steward asked us to deflate barralad -- he was so puffed up, we thought he might explode  

Rounded off in China Town and at a great gig at 100 Club, then staggered home to Rotherhithe in the wee small hours.  Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant.  UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 63
BIGChris
February 22, 2015, 12:27pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from nickmariners
What a great day

Loved the players' happiness at the end too - Magnay and Diz in particular came over to the fans so pumped up.  This is exactly the attitude that we like to see.

Shame that one steward asked us to deflate barralad -- he was so puffed up, we thought he might explode  

Rounded off in China Town and at a great gig at 100 Club, then staggered home to Rotherhithe in the wee small hours.  Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant.  UTM

Private Message
Reply: 45 - 63
gary_elton
February 22, 2015, 12:36pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
Thought Magnay was havin an orgasm after the final whistle... so pumped up when he approached
the fans at the end.....  great to see ALL the players enjoying the carnival atmosphere provided by us fans..

It's sunday afternoon  ,  and I'm STILL runnin on adrenalin myself... crazy brilliant day.....  

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 63
Miss Mariner
February 22, 2015, 12:48pm

Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1
Quoted from grimsby pete
Just back home in Suffolk,

That was the best away game I have been to for a long time,

We outplayed the top team for the whole game apart from a 10-15 mins after Half Time,

We passed  the ball really well and looked the only side that was going to win,

Our fans were fantastic I saw a Dino, a blow up doll, a few flamingo's and Harry Haddocks, 2 dicks, a hammer, zimmer frame, plenty of balls,

Plus I had a little maid and a cricket bat,

My granddaughter Miss Mariner will put some pics on later,

Barnet will not win the league so we could be back there in the play offs,

One final word, Jolley took his goal well and had a good game plus Mackreth had a really good game,

All the players did well but I thought I would mention them two as they have been getting some stick on here.

Up The Mariner's !!!!!!!!!!!

[URL=http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah189/chilly85/Mobile%20Uploads/VIDEO0039_zpsqvqpptdv.mp4][IMG]http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah189/chilly85/Mobile%20Uploads/th_VIDEO0039_zpsqvqpptdv.mp4[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/chilly85/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0884_zps1d0efb96.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah189/chilly85/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0884_zps1d0efb96.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/chilly85/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0893_zps5a316451.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah189/chilly85/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0893_zps5a316451.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Fingers crossed!xx

Born to follow the Grimsby
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 63
cmackenzie4
February 22, 2015, 1:06pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,335
Gold Stars: 33
Great photos Miss Mariner.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 63
psgmariner
February 22, 2015, 1:23pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Who was this I wonder? Post from a barnet fan:

Respect to Grimsby, they had the drunkest fan I'd ever seen today. Saw him by the Canons Park entrance he had his trousers around his legs, blood stains on the ankles.

Couldn't stand up so a Grimsby (?) Steward was carrying him along the path. Looking back wanted to see what happened when he reached the police 100 metres along the path, but he'd decided to sleep it off in a huge puddle on the practice pitches with his steward mate watching on.

Fair play to the fella, utterly wankered by 2.30.

Private Message
Reply: 49 - 63
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.