7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
BIGChris
February 21, 2015, 8:53pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Fantastic result, atmosphere and a very good performance. Deserved the win.

Barnet? Thought Gash & Mcdonald did ok, Pearson was beaten more often in the air than normal but they also had some players who were useless. If that left back played in Sunday League he would be out of his depth!

First half we had far too much movement and pace for them. Mackreth, Jolley and Arnold all looking good whilst the shop had to take on the two biggest centre backs in pro football.

Great work by Jack for the first goal and I thought that McKeown should have done better with their well struck equaliser having got both hand to it. After that he made two excellent saves.

As already said I too was dissapointed that we played a short free kick with minutes to go but alls well that ends well! Dizza loves a celebration!

To get a 3rd was just icing on the cake.

Thought Robertson, as he has done in all his 3 away performances, was very steady, not particularly eye catching but a solid reliable defender.
Toto was Toto. Loved the look on his face when he joined in the celebrations.

Agree about the stewards. I took the time to thank the head steward for the conduct of his staff ( under some provocation at times). He went about his job with a smile on his face. Well done

Loved the day and as one regular away fan commented on the way out. 'Its days like these that make it all worthwhile".
Amen to that
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 63
GrimRob
February 21, 2015, 8:58pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
It's games like these that remind us why we go at all.The hairs on the back of my neck stood up just walking into the ground.

[img]http://thefishy.co.uk/crap/inflatables.jpg[/img]

[img]http://thefishy.co.uk/crap/inflatables2.jpg[/img]

Every fan who was lucky enough to be there will remember it for along time.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 21 - 63
GrimRob
February 21, 2015, 9:03pm

[img]http://thefishy.co.uk/crap/Celebs.jpg[/img]

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 22 - 63
EY Mariner
February 21, 2015, 9:52pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +865
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from BIGChris

Agree about the stewards. I took the time to thank the head steward for the conduct of his staff ( under some provocation at times). He went about his job with a smile on his face. Well done

Just written an email to Barnet to offer my thanks to those stewards aswell, who I thought were absolutely first class. I'm not sure we would have benefited from that sort of stewarding at many grounds with such a large and varied away following.

As for the game, fantastic result. MUST WIN TUESDAY!!!!!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 63
SamTheMariner
February 21, 2015, 9:56pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: -101
Brilliant and hilarious day out. MOM Diz for me. Didn't misplace a pass, broke down play well, and does what he does best, SCORE!!!!

[img]http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/275785/Article/images/18946866/4836403.jpg[/img]

Diz, a leader, a goal scorer, a true pro

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 63
jaymariner
February 21, 2015, 9:56pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +406
Video of the fans has been shared by the conference official facebook page and the dinosaur, Zimmer frame and big c ock can clearly be seen   . Really wish I was there today and all those that did go are a credit to this club.

Are the inflatables going to be a regular thing for the rest of the season?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 63
RichMariner
February 21, 2015, 10:10pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,132
Gold Stars: 209
I don't want to overplay it or anything but I think the inflatables made all the difference.

What happened at Forest Green was unfortunate, but it united the fans and the result was the atmosphere and backing from them today at Barnet.

It galvanised the team too and we got a great result.

The fans turned out in their droves and were singing from the start - you don't typically get that backing from fans when their team has just lost their last two matches.

I really hope that atmosphere can be recreated in all our remaining away games.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 26 - 63
Mariner Timsky
February 21, 2015, 10:32pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 5
Agree with all the comments so far, , but above all today was about us the Fans , , and boy did we do Town proud, , and I really feel we dragged us over the line and earnt the 3 goals and precious 3 points, , proud as ever to be a Mariner and today was a day to never forget and was full of laughs and made it all seem worth it, , we've been through hell but today we showed them all that we are Town and we are loud n proud and we love our club through all the thick and thin. UTMM

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 63
GrimRob
February 21, 2015, 10:43pm

Quoted from RichMariner
I don't want to overplay it or anything but I think the inflatables made all the difference.

What happened at Forest Green was unfortunate, but it united the fans and the result was the atmosphere and backing from them today at Barnet.

It galvanised the team too and we got a great result.

The fans turned out in their droves and were singing from the start - you don't typically get that backing from fans when their team has just lost their last two matches.

I really hope that atmosphere can be recreated in all our remaining away games.

Talk about the Butterfly Effect

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 28 - 63
Rodley Mariner
February 21, 2015, 10:57pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
Those not there, who were slagging off Arnold on the match thread, should probably take note of the fact that people who were actually at the game say he was excellent.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 63
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.