Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The latest round of pigs at a trough-thoughts
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 348 Guests

The latest round of pigs at a trough-thoughts

This thread currently has 7,012 views. Print
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
February 8, 2015, 10:03pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,126
Gold Stars: 548
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/feb/06/premier-league-tv-rights-bidding-sky-bt

Still no sign of money filtering down to this level, and the rich keep getting richer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Lincoln Mariner 56
February 8, 2015, 10:23pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 79
Unbelievable really as the prices go up the quality of matches gets worse. To be honest can hardly remember many high quality premiership matches and the changing of football to a near non contact sport ruined what used to be one of the seasons classics, the merseyside derby. Thought last nights was one of worst derby games for years.

No doubt more matches covered, Friday night games start and Sat afternoon will be further reduced to two or three games, in other wors up yours to the travelling supporter. I expect live Sat games at 3.00pm will soon follow and the premiership stars will "earn" more in week then some Conference clubs pay out in an entire season.

More mercenaries and less loyalty for the Most exciting league in the world, yawn yawn, think I will spend a bit more time on the golf course and go to pubs not showing live football, a bit sick of it all as you may have gathered.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 58
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
February 8, 2015, 10:23pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from ginnywings
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/feb/06/premier-league-tv-rights-bidding-sky-bt

Still no sign of money filtering down to this level, and the rich keep getting richer.

It makes you wonder if the Prem is really good for football as a whole or whether we were better off before it came along.

[url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-30699020[/url]

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 58
ginnywings
February 8, 2015, 11:20pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,126
Gold Stars: 548
I see the yanks are now sniffing around. God help us if they get a foothold. OFFence, DEfence and overtime.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 58
DocTower
February 9, 2015, 7:17am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Said it years ago , the premiership has gone too far , given up on the common man .  I can't  remember the last time I actually  sat to watch match of the day . Weren't we all purring  over Italian football at one stage when channel 4 started it , look where that is now . We have surpassed that , ruined by greed  obscene pay , and tv over kill .  The FA  , UAFA  and FIFA  have taken everyone for a ride ,  they are all on the gravy train .  My love for football has diminished that's why ,  although we are languishing here in the Conference I do get some perverse pleasure from watching my team, my Grimsby .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 58
BIGChris
February 9, 2015, 7:20am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from DocTower
Said it years ago , the premiership has gone too far , given up on the common man .  I can't  remember the last time I actually  sat to watch match of the day . Weren't we all purring  over Italian football at one stage when channel 4 started it , look where that is now . We have surpassed that , ruined by greed  obscene pay , and tv over kill .  The FA  , UAFA  and FIFA  have taken everyone for a ride ,  they are all on the gravy train .  My love for football has diminished that's why ,  although we are languishing here in the Conference I do get some perverse pleasure from watching my team, my Grimsby .

Totally agree
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 58
MuddyWaters
February 9, 2015, 10:04am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,242
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from DocTower

Totally agree. For bizarre reasons, I have a 'thing' for Newcastle but was so bored after 10 minutes yesterday, decided to go for a long walk with Mrs Codger. Enjoyed the walk more than I would the football. Actually got more enjoyment from watching the Lisbon derby on BT last night.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 58
RoboCod
February 9, 2015, 10:38am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
The German football is terrific, watched it on and off for years onVirgin/BT but developing quite a taste for it.
Wolfsberg vs Bayern last week was an incredible game, made me realise it's been such a long time since I was left feeling almost breathless myself while watching two teams. Reasonable terrace prices too, not too many of the tiresome big names, someone may come up with a flaw to their system but to me the German league seems to have got everything right.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 58
lukeo
February 9, 2015, 11:28am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
I watch MOTD and FLS because they're on BBC and it's free. I'll never pay for sky or BT sports. Support your local team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 58
DocTower
February 9, 2015, 1:15pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Quoted from RoboCod
The German football is terrific, watched it on and off for years onVirgin/BT but developing quite a taste for it.
Wolfsberg vs Bayern last week was an incredible game, made me realise it's been such a long time since I was left feeling almost breathless myself while watching two teams. Reasonable terrace prices too, not too many of the tiresome big names, someone may come up with a flaw to their system but to me the German league seems to have got everything right.

So when will sky or BT realise  this and start ditching English  football . Could be a good thing as they have ruined it with cash , that  was originally intended to filter down the pyramid  . It just filters into Swiss bank accounts  and tax havens .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 58
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The latest round of pigs at a trough-thoughts

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.