ackomariner
January 13, 2015, 9:05pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from mariner91
The Fishy is definitely becoming more toxic and is starting to resemble the atmosphere felt around BP on a match day i.e not nice! There are some great posters who contribute to both sides of the argument with good, reasoned posts and respect to the people they are debating with. Equally, there are some who just seem to want to be heard and actually have nothing to offer the discussion, very often ending up posting drivel or turning to personal jibes. Unfortunately, currently they seem to be the ones who make up a large amount of the posts on here and it is noticeable that some of the more informative posters now post less frequently.

However, this all goes to prove that most people care deeply about this club, which considering what we've had to endure in the last decade is quite incredible really that we still can get a home gate of over 7,000. We've all got the love for this club in common which should be remembered before getting personal, ultimately we all want the club to succeed and being a twat on a messageboard doesn't do anything remotely positive towards that. "You may say I'm a dreamer" and all that...

But was it not" my dogs thoughts" who called the hurst out camp, " cocks"
Yeah I think he did, so don't lay all the blame on this side of the fence, it's happening from both sides of it.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 51
LongEatonMariner
January 13, 2015, 9:11pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from ackomariner

Yeah I think he did, so don't lay all the blame on this side of the fence, it's happening from both sides of it.

Fair point if true.

We should all try and bury the hatchet, just not in each others skulls, or the skull of the majority shareholder, or the manager, or the left back, or the mascot etc

Peace.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 51
mariner91
January 13, 2015, 9:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,744
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from ackomariner

There was no blame laid either side of the fence if you read it without jumping to conclusions, it occurs from all angles. No need for it from anyone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 51
MuddyWaters
January 13, 2015, 9:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
We should all get over it. It's a fans forum, if you don't like someone else's opinion, either debate from your side, ignore it or put a Red Cross on it. Taking it personally and taking your metaphorical ball home either shows you've lost the argument or lost your mojo.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 51
Alfie
January 13, 2015, 9:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159
People have been moaning about how the Fishy has gone 'downhill' and it's 'not what it used to be' since the days of Billo and Humbo on the old Electronic Fishcake.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 51
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 13, 2015, 9:36pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
It's a pity that some folks take things too seriously and personally. The rule I follow is don't shoot the messenger.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 51
barralad
January 13, 2015, 9:41pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from realist

What would you like fleshing out? I don't really post to get your approval on the content and quality of my posts. You can always ignore it and move on but oh, I forgot,  you must be one of the quality posters who must be obeyed and respected

I don't feel the need to be "obeyed or respected". I just thought it would enhance the debate/messageboard a bit. Why are you such an angry person?

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 51
WOZOFGRIMSBY
January 13, 2015, 9:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,979
Gold Stars: 184
I have never understood the whole "I'm leaving this or that so I thought I'd tell you". If you have your own reasons then leave, if someone has offended you tell them, if you've had enough then don't post to add ammunition to a smoking barrel.

IF YOU DONT FACKING LIKE IT.......DONT POST

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 51
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › My Dogs Thoughts too

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.